BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sky Scum

ABBEY

I know it's been mentioned on the wham thread but this tirade against us needs its own thread . Who the f do these tosspots think they are . Tossers the lot of them . Is it a jerometosser ploy to get the bald prick back into English footy ?

I haven't seen the clip of it.

I believe it was Charlie Nichols and Paul Merson. Is this correct?

I havent Soccer Saturday before 5.40pm in years tbh.

Has the agent retire now from football?

On the other one, I think he wants to return to English football but had no takers yet. But we have seen a couple of articles about him.

Nicholas is an arrogant d1ckhead with little to be arrogant about. He talks with authority on things he has little idea about (mainly football) and tries to pass his opinion off as fact when it's generally wide of the mark.

As for Merson, I just pity him. It must be a tough gig being that thick.

Loved it when we knocked their beloved Arsenal out of the cup a few seasons back.

Allow me to quote Glen Johnson;

"Comments from alcoholic drug abusers are not going to upset me and who is Paul Merson to judge players. He was average at the best of times, the only reason he is on that show is coz [sic] he gambled all his money away. The clown!"

What do you call a trio of utter stnuc? Merson, Nicholas and Kean. I wonder if Merson had a bet on which of them was the most over the limit when they were done for drink driving.

"Comments from alcoholic drug abusers are not going to upset me and who is Paul Merson to judge players. He was average at the best of times, the only reason he is on that show is coz [sic] he gambled all his money away. The clown!"[/size]

What do you call a trio of utter stnuc? Merson, Nicholas and Kean. I wonder if Merson had a bet on which of them was the most over the limit when they were done for drink driving. [/size]

That is a great quote, I LOL'd. I got rid of sky a few years ago, such absolute rubbish on it.

"Comments from alcoholic drug abusers are not going to upset me and who is Paul Merson to judge players. He was average at the best of times, the only reason he is on that show is coz [sic] he gambled all his money away. The clown!"

What do you call a trio of utter stnuc? Merson, Nicholas and Kean. I wonder if Merson had a bet on which of them was the most over the limit when they were done for drink driving.

Wow..I love Glen Johnson!!

Don't really watch this anymore just gonna stick to live football on Tv and in person. Too much information overload no point worrying if I can't keep up with everything especially nonsense they come out with. Far too much talking from people who are too ignorant to see what Rovers fans endured under Kean. Did they say anything about Villa fans chanting about "having a party when Lerner dies?" KEAN OUT KEAN OUT KEAN OUT how dreadful in comparison. :rolleyes:

Course Merson played for Villa so don't hold your breath.

Paul Merson. The free thinking visionary of our time

"After Chelsea scored bolton epitulated"

"Football's all about yesterday, it's all about now"

"Their not that very good, napoli"

"There's only one person what gets you sacked and thats the fans"

"You can't bite your nose off to spite your face"

"It was a damp squid for Liverpool"

"Reading won't have the confidence to be confident"

"When defenders get run at they're not as good as what they really are"

"They're lacking that real streak of bang"

"Arsenal are in tough competition for forth with the likes of spurs, Everton and arsenal"

"The big oxygen thing is out for Benni McCarthy. He's got a lot of medical around him"

I think that sums up the nature of the beast. Anyone with any modicum of sense realises the man is paid to be a first class idiot. I can't say I'm surprised he's a man with so little dignity that he accepts his pay cheque knowing he's only getting it for being a chump.

• Backroom

What was said?

Merson and Nichols are a joke.

They were doing a feature on our game, the basic suggestion across the "panel" was that Lambert should have picked a better club than us. Nicholas then started whining about the treatment Kean got, following it up with something like "they blamed Steve Kean for every little thing that happened to their club, and never turned on the owners" - quite a rewriting of history, there.

To be fair to Merson, he didn't really say anything offensive, he was just clueless. Stelling asked him why our crowds had dropped from 24k in the Prem to 12k in the Championship. Merson said we should lower ticket prices, obviously having no idea how cheap our season tickets actually are. He also brought up a bunch of other club whose crowds dropped in a similar way and said it happens to every team that falls out of the Prem.

Nicholas and Stelling were the main two trying to put our club and fans down. Stelling was quite snide about it, Nicholas blatant as always. A timely reminder why my opinion of the lot of them is so low.

They were doing a feature on our game, the basic suggestion across the "panel" was that Lambert should have picked a better club than us. Nicholas then started whining about the treatment Kean got, following it up with something like "they blamed Steve Kean for every little thing that happened to their club, and never turned on the owners" - quite a rewriting of history, there.

To be fair to Merson, he didn't really say anything offensive, he was just clueless. Stelling asked him why our crowds had dropped from 24k in the Prem to 12k in the Championship. Merson said we should lower ticket prices, obviously having no idea how cheap our season tickets actually are. He also brought up a bunch of other club whose crowds dropped in a similar way and said it happens to every team that falls out of the Prem.

Nicholas and Stelling were the main two trying to put our club and fans down. Stelling was quite snide about it, Nicholas blatant as always. A timely reminder why my opinion of the lot of them is so low.

Well I do remember after the Qatar bid was rejected Kean made some moronic comment (can't remember exactly what as there were so many) later that week. It was probably on purpose to deflect the attention away from the owners and people fell for it.

If anyone deserves to be bullied its Steve Kean but its somewhat true that Rovers fans chose the easier target. Of course he chose to keep himself in the firing line and somehow manipulated the situation to draw sympathy for himself. There wasn't as much abuse aimed at Venkys though that's certainly not saying there wasn't any. To be honest picking the easiest target is what bullies generally do but many media (and opposition fans too) for some reason refused to see the type of scum Kean is. Nobody went so low as to chant that they hope Kean dies as Villa fans have with Lerner (and I wouldn't say he's a worse human being than Kean)

• Backroom

Well I do remember after the Qatar bid was rejected Kean made some moronic comment (can't remember exactly what as there were so many) later that week. It was probably on purpose to deflect the attention away from the owners and people fell for it.

If anyone deserves to be bullied its Steve Kean but its somewhat true that Rovers fans chose the easier target. Of course he chose to keep himself in the firing line and somehow manipulated the situation to draw sympathy for himself. There wasn't as much abuse aimed at Venkys though that's certainly not saying there wasn't any. To be honest picking the easiest target is what bullies generally do but many media (and opposition fans too) for some reason refused to see the type of scum Kean is. Nobody went so low as to chant that they hope Kean dies as Villa fans have with Lerner (and I wouldn't say he's a worse human being than Kean)

At the time it felt like Steve Kean was running the club, rather than Venky's. He was untouchable.

He moves from a little known coach to our manager without having to prove himself. He drags us into a relegation battle but retains the job during the summer. We continue to crumble the next season and what happens? He gets a new contract. The fans, the local media and even the deputy CEO demand his sacking - nothing happens. He then inevitably gets us relegated - time to sack him? No, of course not. He gets charged for drink driving and tries to blame Rovers fans. He abuses a fellow manager in public and ends up in court over that... but yes, of course, he remains in charge.

If Kean hadn't resigned, who's to say he would ever have been sacked? The man was bulletproof and once fans realised this it made the groundswell of hatred that much more potent. Venky's were targeted, but it seemed more and more like Kean was the puppetmaster, rather than the puppet, hence the anger aimed towards him. The Sky Sports 'lads' of course gloss over all of this and instead lament the treatment of poor, dignified Stevie Kean.

A dignified man would have walked a long time before he did - and even in resigning he got a hefty payout in court. Kean made a fortune off of this club and gave us nothing but misery in return. But the fans were in the wrong, of course. How dare we expect better.

Stelling's always been a n0b. A massive egotistical n0b at that. Hard to believe they let him loose on telly with eyebrows as shocking as his. Must have been to the same surgeon as Alicia Douvall.

But he's too ingrained in this 'ladbrokes life, lad, lad, acca, twitter' culture that has enveloped the majority of their audience these days. He's sitting pretty for a long time unfortunately, unless he does a Richard Keys so they can @#/? the @#/? right off.

I've had two bottles of wine.

Stelling's always been a n0b. A massive egotistical n0b at that. Hard to believe they let him loose on telly with eyebrows as shocking as his. Must have been to the same surgeon as Alicia Douvall.

But he's too ingrained in this 'ladbrokes life, lad, lad, acca, twitter' culture that has enveloped the majority of their audience these days. He's sitting pretty for a long time unfortunately, unless he does a Richard Keys so they can @#/? the @#/? right off.

I've had two bottles of wine.

I am going to catch up in a moment

:D

PL should play a recoding of those SKY Tony Watts to the players before the game tomorrow

perfect motivation

I've long stopped listening to the panel on there. My issue with them is they taint the minds of other fans and they believe the rubbish they spout.

Because of them we have to explain ourselves every time we meet someone on holiday etc... My missus rolls her eyes when another fan starts a conversation with "You gave that Kean a hard time" as she knows I'm about to go into a 30 minute tirade.

• Backroom

Problem is you always sound like a nut job conspiracy theorist when explaining, a mate at work once gave me the same story about us giving Kean a hard time. I even realised myself when I was explaining how ridiculous and paranoid it all sounded.

Stranger than fiction!

Problem is you always sound like a nut job conspiracy theorist when explaining, a mate at work once gave me the same story about us giving Kean a hard time. I even realised myself when I was explaining how ridiculous and paranoid it all sounded.

Stranger than fiction!

It's not easy till you play the video of him in Hong Kong. Every time they talk about him on Sky they should be forced to play that. I was there that night. Amazing scenes. My memory of that trip is John Jensen wondering what on earth he had got himself into as Kean and the rest of his staff got smashed every night.

Isn't this the type of "journalism" one should expect from a third rate TV company which demonstrates no overall originality and exists for no reason other than to line Rupert Murdoch's pockets.

Sky have been taking the micky out of fans and subscribers for years. Why be surprised at this?

Archived