BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Umbro To Be Kit Manufacturers Next Season.

Damien

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm expecting it to be underwhelming. It will either be the red shirt that the U21s wore at the weekend, in which case everyone has already seen it before the club releases it and its virtually the same as the last 2 seasons, or its going to be some sort of blue away shirt with the red as the 3rd kit, which is completely unnecessary.

There should be no need for Rovers to have a blue away strip or a 3rd kit.

I'm expecting it to be underwhelming. It will either be the red shirt that the U21s wore at the weekend, in which case everyone has already seen it before the club releases it and its virtually the same as the last 2 seasons, or its going to be some sort of blue away shirt with the red as the 3rd kit, which is completely unnecessary.

There should be no need for Rovers to have a blue away strip or a 3rd kit.

Bring back the Red and Black halves ;)

how hard is it for Umbro to do the colours on the back the opposite way round?

It would mean getting a new batch of shirts specially designed. Currently, they have old stock lying around in a dirty warehouse somewhere, so its cheaper because we are Rovers and not Man United.

I would be surprised if we got the ''off the peg'' Umbro away Teamwear kit that was spotted at the u21 away fixture.

Even when we had a nike Teamwear kit, we generally got it in a colour palate that wasn't available to the general public. e.g. The Red/White Stripe shirt was a specific red, not the 'Cardinal Red' used in the Teamwear guide.

Using my Columbo like reflexes I'm going to guess that the red kit used at Stockport won't be our away or third team kit (should we need one)

• Reason above. No direct use of teamwear, otherwise would be too easy to make copies. Running an embroidery/printing business myself, it would be very easy to make copies of that shirt.
  • Dafabet D on home shirt is yellow this season, was black last season.
  • Tweaked dafabet logo on home shirt, also shows subtle black border around the yellow D - This isn't shown on the kit used at Stockport which makes me think it was thrown together at the last minute. Probably using spare transfers from last season's away and goal keeper kits.
  • Club shops these days usually heat transfer logos onto the shirts in store, rather than come ready printed. Particularly with laws banning youth strips from displaying betting/alcohol sponsors.
  • Everton, West Ham United, Derby and Hull City all have bespoke home and away strips, why would they give Rovers a Teamwear kit? We're most likely on the same deal as Derby/Hull City.
  • In our entire history, we have not had plain (or mainly) red shirts back to back seasons. Asics away 95/96, Kappa away 02/03, Lonsdale away 04/05 and 06/07 (No Red away kit 05/06 was black), Umbro 10/11 and Nike 13/14 and 15/16 (No Red away kit 14/15 was green)
  • From a commercial perspective this also makes sense, as why would some buy an away kit that is essentially the same as last season?
  • If that is the Away kit, then the cat is out of the bag, why no press release? why no Official pictures?

I would be surprised if we got the ''off the peg'' Umbro away Teamwear kit that was spotted at the u21 away fixture.

Even when we had a nike Teamwear kit, we generally got it in a colour palate that wasn't available to the general public. e.g. The Red/White Stripe shirt was a specific red, not the 'Cardinal Red' used in the Teamwear guide.

Using my Columbo like reflexes I'm going to guess that the red kit used at Stockport won't be our away or third team kit (should we need one)

• Reason above. No direct use of teamwear, otherwise would be too easy to make copies. Running an embroidery/printing business myself, it would be very easy to make copies of that shirt.
  • Dafabet D on home shirt is yellow this season, was black last season.
  • Tweaked dafabet logo on home shirt, also shows subtle black border around the yellow D - This isn't shown on the kit used at Stockport which makes me think it was thrown together at the last minute. Probably using spare transfers from last season's away and goal keeper kits.
  • Club shops these days usually heat transfer logos onto the shirts in store, rather than come ready printed. Particularly with laws banning youth strips from displaying betting/alcohol sponsors.
  • Everton, West Ham United, Derby and Hull City all have bespoke home and away strips, why would they give Rovers a Teamwear kit? We're most likely on the same deal as Derby/Hull City.
  • In our entire history, we have not had plain (or mainly) red shirts back to back seasons. Asics away 95/96, Kappa away 02/03, Lonsdale away 04/05 and 06/07 (No Red away kit 05/06 was black), Umbro 10/11 and Nike 13/14 and 15/16 (No Red away kit 14/15 was green)
  • From a commercial perspective this also makes sense, as why would some buy an away kit that is essentially the same as last season?
  • If that is the Away kit, then the cat is out of the bag, why no press release? why no Official pictures?
Good work Columbo

- From a commercial perspective this also makes sense, as why would some buy an away kit that is essentially the same as last season?

- If that is the Away kit, then the cat is out of the bag, why no press release? why no Official pictures?

You are thinking far too logically. Not much that our club currently do makes sense.

If it's not the away kit, and we have even thought about marketing, why doesn't the club just say so?

We don't have long to wait but I can't remember the last time the club surprised us in a good way.

Good post though!

I was working in Blackburn on Wednesday and popped into the shop to look over the new leisure/training range and was really impressed. A good variety of stuff for all ages, vastly improved on what was on offer from Nike, I came away with quite a bit of stuff in the end, much to my wife's displeasure."Surely you don't need more Rovers training stuff".

I was working in Blackburn on Wednesday and popped into the shop to look over the new leisure/training range and was really impressed. A good variety of stuff for all ages, vastly improved on what was on offer from Nike, I came away with quite a bit of stuff in the end, much to my wife's displeasure."Surely you don't need more Rovers training stuff".

I hope you didn't buy the winter puffer jacket. £100 a time!

I hope you didn't buy the winter puffer jacket. £100 a time!

Nope, I've got a proper arctic puffa jacket so gave that one a miss although I did think they looked good if that's your thing.

I got a couple of pairs of shorts and sweaters, all feel good quality and are a comfortable fit. It's a shame that our best range of club wear for a number of years will be aimed at the smallest market for a number of years.

It's the going rate in England I'm afraid, you seem to have a bit of a bee in your bonnet about pricing but ultimately anything is going to cost a lot of be transported to South Africa and factoring exchange rates, etc. Unfortunately that is the way of the world and part and parcel of supporting a club who doesn't export masses of merchandise.

Archived