BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Umbro To Be Kit Manufacturers Next Season.

Damien

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As turd as it looks, the Burnley shirt is only £40. Why couldn't we hit that price point for all. Maybe sell a few more shirts that way. £48 is just ridiculous.

Even better value as the Inbreds wear them everyday.

I like the shirt, as plain and as simple as you can for me!

Can't be doing with different shapes, patterns etc all over like we often had in the 2000's.

The co-ordinates is a standard Umbro feature, do like the Rovers FC touch, though I would have preferred it in view on the back of the neck.

Won't be buying it, have said to myself that the season ticket money I have paid is enough until the owners show some sort of improvement to the club and its fans. My voucher won't be wasted though, don't mind letting someone save a tenner who was going to buy one at full price.

As turd as it looks, the Burnley shirt is only £40. Why couldn't we hit that price point for all. Maybe sell a few more shirts that way. £48 is just ridiculous.

Yes but they have to pay a fortune for there special gloves

I must be the only one who thinks the new kit is awful. Blue not quite dark enough. And, once again, blue and white halves instead of quarters.

For those who wonder what I'm talking about, it should be a quartered shirt when opened out fully. (Blue left front and blue right back).

RE: the quarters. I honestly doubt there is anyone left at Ewood who recognises this is a tradition of BRFC. Those from Rovers working behind the scenes liaising with Umbro won't have been here pre-Venky's.

Why shouldn't season ticket holders - the clubs core fan base be given a perk or two?

Well before they announced season tickets, or in the pack, could have said £10 off when renewing or purchasing a season ticket.

This is pretty much next move to get sales up, by throwing this in there as a perk. Cmon Tom, even you can see through this

Lets say the club did this

All fans who purchase a shirt for the 1st month get £10 off. If you are an existing season ticket holder or a new season ticket holder, you get an additional £5 off. So win for everybody, and an extra incentive for season ticket holders.

Be aggressive, especially when you know season ticket sales are down or slow. Sometimes you got to make sacrifices in a bid to win back the fan base. If that means taking a few £'s hit for 1 month so be it. More shirt sales, more season tickets, more fans into Ewood. This is not just about season ticket holders who should get certain perks. And all our fans over there deserve something nice to be done for once by those pesky Indians.

Not everybody can afford a season ticket, times are hard. So make it memorable for those people. Engage with them and ask the reason why they cant buy a season ticket. If the answer is financial situation, wish them the best and that they can soon change that situation and buy a season ticket.

Our communication structure is terrible, especially the way we handle the fans. As a club thinking out of the box can lead to very good things, but if you focus on everything else but the fans, then you will struggle to get it back

Anyone found the option where to order a name and number on the site or am I being blind?

There probably isn't one yet until squad numbers are announced.

I had a similar issue a couple of years ago when I took my daughter to the kit launch day when JR and TC were doing signings. She wanted Rhodes 11 on the back but the lady in the shop wouldn't do the number part as the squad numbers hadn't been announced.

I was a bit miffed as I'd even asked Rhodes if he was keeping the same squad number and he'd confirmed he was. So I had to queue up again on matchday to get the number put on!

As an aside, she wants Graham on the back this season but as yet we don't know his squad number - I'm assuming he'll be No.9, but he could just as easily take any number if there's a re-shuffle.

I had a similar issue a couple of years ago when I took my daughter to the kit launch day when JR and TC were doing signings. She wanted Rhodes 11 on the back but the lady in the shop wouldn't do the number part as the squad numbers hadn't been announced.

I was a bit miffed as I'd even asked Rhodes if he was keeping the same squad number and he'd confirmed he was. So I had to queue up again on matchday to get the number put on!

As an aside, she wants Graham on the back this season but as yet we don't know his squad number - I'm assuming he'll be No.9, but he could just as easily take any number if there's a re-shuffle.

My advice would be put her own name on, or Uncle Jack Number one. I know Graham has just signed, but I will never forget the young lad who had Shearer number 9 on the back of his new shirt, the day before he left for Newcastle. I would never have a players name on my shirt or any I was buying for the family.

• Backroom

Well before they announced season tickets, or in the pack, could have said £10 off when renewing or purchasing a season ticket.

This is pretty much next move to get sales up, by throwing this in there as a perk. Cmon Tom, even you can see through this

Lets say the club did this

All fans who purchase a shirt for the 1st month get £10 off. If you are an existing season ticket holder or a new season ticket holder, you get an additional £5 off. So win for everybody, and an extra incentive for season ticket holders.

Be aggressive, especially when you know season ticket sales are down or slow. Sometimes you got to make sacrifices in a bid to win back the fan base. If that means taking a few £'s hit for 1 month so be it. More shirt sales, more season tickets, more fans into Ewood. This is not just about season ticket holders who should get certain perks. And all our fans over there deserve something nice to be done for once by those pesky Indians.

Not everybody can afford a season ticket, times are hard. So make it memorable for those people. Engage with them and ask the reason why they cant buy a season ticket. If the answer is financial situation, wish them the best and that they can soon change that situation and buy a season ticket.

Our communication structure is terrible, especially the way we handle the fans. As a club thinking out of the box can lead to very good things, but if you focus on everything else but the fans, then you will struggle to get it back

It did say in the pack £10 off the shirt for season ticket holders

It did say in the pack £10 off the shirt for season ticket holders

Okay my apologies for that then. But my point still stand, and that is too get non season ticket holders to get one.

Ahh makes sense, although I am just after getting my lads name on the back. I'm sure I can wait a few more days though

Bought one for my 17 year old and 12,year old....£83!!!!!

Madness Ribble madness. :D you could have bought a couple of cases of beer and forgot all about Rovers troubles while drinking it ;)

Madness Ribble madness. :D you could have bought a couple of cases of beer and forgot all about Rovers troubles while drinking it ;)

Indeed it is madness and not worth the money - now wonder they keep charging ridiculously high prices if people keep continuing to by them

(and that's for any football top or similar regardless of what team/club it is)

Indeed it is madness and not worth the money - now wonder they keep charging ridiculously high prices if people keep continuing to by them

(and that's for any football top or similar regardless of what team/club it is)

Shall we boycott..?? :rolleyes:

Away kit needed for the match vs Bury this weekend?

Unless Bury play in their away kit of course.

Failing that, away kit needed for Rochdale friendly on 19/7/16

They'll probably just wear the red away shirt from last season like they did the other year at Telford.

Although the change in manufacturer to Umbro might prohibit that.

Archived