BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Umbro To Be Kit Manufacturers Next Season.

Damien

Is the ST discount on both home and away?

I went to the Club shop at Dinnertime and someone had done a smash and grab on the new away shirt, its not due for sale until Thursday I think.

13924904_1771853993089233_89543504636111

Ha, thats bad. I know the away kit is liked by most, but i didnt know the person liked it that much. Lol

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I see the shirt, the more convinced I am that I'll buy one, particularly with the ST discount.

A 3rd kit will be needed. This may be the red shirt we saw leaked a few weeks ago, although once again, I wouldn't be surprised if that was a kit that was thrown together at the last minute (as I suggested last week).

Derby had three bespoke kits last season, I would suspect we'll want the same.

If it is the red shirt/kit, then I'd think it would be available on limited release, like the white with navy pinstripes shirt from the 2012/13 season.

By my reckoning, the 3rd Kit will definitely be needed 8 times, including the first away game of the season at Wigan.

Guide

Home - Blue and White

Away

Aston Villa - Home (possibly Blue shorts).

Barnsley - Home (possibly Blue shorts).

Birmingham - 3rd Kit

Brentford - Away A lot of white on this year's Brentford shirt)

Brighton & Hove Albion - 3rd Kit

Bristol City - Home

Burton Albion - Home

Cardiff City - 3rd Kit

Derby County - Away (possibly White shorts)

Fulham - Away (possibly White shorts)

Huddersfield Town - Away

Ipswich Town - 3rd Kit

Leeds United - Away

Newcastle United - Home

Norwich City - Home

Nottingham Forest - Home (possibly Blue shorts)

Preston North End - Away with White shorts

Queen's Park Rangers - 3rd Kit

Reading - 3rd Kit

Rotherham United - Home (possibly Blue shorts)

Sheffield Wednesday - 3rd Kit

Wigan Athletic - 3rd Kit

Wolverhampton Wanderers - Home

With that said, the Navy kit would only be used 6 times. 2 times less than the 3rd kit, meaning I think we'll likely see the Navy strip used instead of the Blue n White, even though there is no obvious colour clash.

E.g. Don't be surprised to see the Navy strip at Nottingham, Barnsley, Rotherham, Bristol City and/or Aston Villa.

When we've had navy away shirts before we've worn them against teams who play in blue and white stripes, and teams that have a navy away kit themselves, have worn it against us and teams that play in blue and white stripes. Sheffield Wednesday have an all blue home shirt this season so a third kit will be needed for Birmingham, Cardiff, Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday.

The more I see the shirt, the more convinced I am that I'll buy one, particularly with the ST discount.

A 3rd kit will be needed. This may be the red shirt we saw leaked a few weeks ago, although once again, I wouldn't be surprised if that was a kit that was thrown together at the last minute (as I suggested last week).

Derby had three bespoke kits last season, I would suspect we'll want the same.

If it is the red shirt/kit, then I'd think it would be available on limited release, like the white with navy pinstripes shirt from the 2012/13 season.

By my reckoning, the 3rd Kit will definitely be needed 8 times, including the first away game of the season at Wigan.

Guide

Home - Blue and White

Away

Aston Villa - Home (possibly Blue shorts).

Barnsley - Home (possibly Blue shorts).

Birmingham - 3rd Kit

Brentford - Away A lot of white on this year's Brentford shirt)

Brighton & Hove Albion - 3rd Kit

Bristol City - Home

Burton Albion - Home

Cardiff City - 3rd Kit

Derby County - Away (possibly White shorts)

Fulham - Away (possibly White shorts)

Huddersfield Town - Away

Ipswich Town - 3rd Kit

Leeds United - Away

Newcastle United - Home

Norwich City - Home

Nottingham Forest - Home (possibly Blue shorts)

Preston North End - Away with White shorts

Queen's Park Rangers - 3rd Kit

Reading - 3rd Kit

Rotherham United - Home (possibly Blue shorts)

Sheffield Wednesday - 3rd Kit

Wigan Athletic - 3rd Kit

Wolverhampton Wanderers - Home

With that said, the Navy kit would only be used 6 times. 2 times less than the 3rd kit, meaning I think we'll likely see the Navy strip used instead of the Blue n White, even though there is no obvious colour clash.

E.g. Don't be surprised to see the Navy strip at Nottingham, Barnsley, Rotherham, Bristol City and/or Aston Villa.

I'm not sure our away kit clashes with the likes of Brighton, Sheff Wed, Wigan, QPR and Reading?

Am I alone in kind of hoping it was an heroic vigilante Rover, who plans to give away the new shirts to the poor suffering Rovers fans, Robin Hood style ? The Sherriff of Pune would never catch him.

:D Probably a Dingle who cant believe how nice the shirt is...

Just been and bought the new away shirt. Absolutely love it, a nice fit and IMO the best shirt since the Umbro Black and Red halves.

post some pictures? how tall are you, what size did you get? Ive got a 6 pack abdominal muscles, but some of you have 6 pack beer bellies, so just want an idea :D lol

• Moderation Lead

post some pictures? how tall are you, what size did you get? Ive got a 6 pack abdominal muscles, but some of you have 6 pack beer bellies, so just want an idea :D lol

Bloody hell mate, take him out for dinner first before asking for some intimate pictures...... :tu:

Is it just me or does this sound a bit 'Ashley Madison'? :o

Bloody hell mate, take him out for dinner first before asking for some intimate pictures...... :tu:

:D lmao, now that i look at it, im sorry im rushing things here. hahahaha

• Backroom

Iceman, I am Matt McDonough on Facebook, already spoke to you on Facebook RE the shirt.

I bought XL last year, it was a little baggy, bought one this year and it's a lot more 'fitted' (and yes i am the same weight).

I love it though, great shirt.

Iceman, I am Matt McDonough on Facebook, already spoke to you on Facebook RE the shirt.

I bought XL last year, it was a little baggy, bought one this year and it's a lot more 'fitted' (and yes i am the same weight).

I love it though, great shirt.

aah hey Matt, thanks alot pal. Glad to see you are on here as well.

• 3 months later...

Another email and another kit discount!

I've never seen so many discounts this side of Christmas!

I don't mind the kit this year, but my apathy towards Rovers is stopping me buying one, or even thinking about getting one to be honest. (To put into context, I have the home and away shirts for the last three seasons!)

Obviously not selling well...........or at least thats the feeling you get!

I don't mind the kit this year, but my apathy towards Rovers is stopping me buying one, or even thinking about getting one to be honest. (To put into context, I have the home and away shirts for the last three seasons!)

I really want the away top, but I don't want to chuck Rovers my money. Might suck it up and go to JD Sports.

I wanted to buy a bench coat for the winter months and I quite like the one in the shop. Then I looked at the price tag of £100 and decided against it. If sales are slow its because their range of products is poor and their pricing frankly outrageous.

Rovers will play the victim card again and say there's nothing they can do as Umbro provide the stock and set the prices, yet isn't it amazing how numerous League Two clubs offer better quality merchandise at lower prices.

• 4 weeks later...

A month on..... 45% off Umbro products, including the home and away shirts/kits.

Unbelievable discounts this side of Christmas!

Am I buying one? Still no!

Definitely not selling well...........will be £15.00 in the January sale!

Archived