BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles Vs Rovers Match Thread

Hats off, again, to the referee who handed the midfield battle to Bumley. He booked Gomez for next to nothing and also booked Lenihan. If he were being consistent he'd have booked Barton for persistent fouling - but he didn't he just counted on his hand and let him off. In doing so he handed the initiative to them.

It was an awful, homer, display by a referee who should never be allowed to manage derby games in future. Barton will have been laughing his socks off at him.

Barton was really clever and had the referee in his pocket. He committed several fouls in a short period of time but none in isolation were worthy of a caution. But it was during a period of the game when we had really good momentum and his fouls slowed the game down and we lost some impetus. The referee was oblivious to this clear tactic and just allowed him to do it. He just didn't understand the game and Barton played on that.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barton was really clever and had the referee in his pocket. He committed several fouls in a short period of time but none in isolation were worthy of a caution. But it was during a period of the game when we had really good momentum and his fouls slowed the game down and we lost some impetus. The referee was oblivious to this clear tactic and just allowed him to do it. He just didn't understand the game and Barton played on that.

Wasn't oblivious to it at all. He counted the fouls and even though none warranted a booking but continual fouling can be cautioned.

Wasn't oblivious to it at all. He counted the fouls and even though none warranted a booking but continual fouling can be cautioned.

You missed my point. He should have been cautioned earlier due to the tactical nature of his fouls. Clearly unsporting behaviour.

A couple of thoughts since the match -

1. Until some fans put their animosity towards our owners to one side - and start to look forward - we will (as a club) struggle to get back to where we was. I am not saying to rewrite history, but at some point we have to be pragmatic, they are writing some pretty big cheques at the moment to keep the club going as it is, there are some reasonable indications that PL will be allowed to spend in the summer (money which in truth we don't have) and they have finally put in place the experienced management team we have all been crying out for. As fans we have to start supporting the club and the players - or accept we are going to drift into obscurity. Personally I am not quite certain why they haven't pulled the plug yet - but they aren't going to bank roll us for ever - and if the fans don't start to return that day will come sooner.

2. I wonder if the poor delivery at key moments was down to fatigue ? Watching on telly you could see how tired the players looked at times - it is of huge credit to them that they bossed the game as much as they did.

1. Until some fans put their animosity towards our owners to one side - and start to look forward - we will (as a club) struggle to get back to where we was. I am not saying to rewrite history, but at some point we have to be pragmatic, they are writing some pretty big cheques at the moment to keep the club going as it is, there are some reasonable indications that PL will be allowed to spend in the summer (money which in truth we don't have) and they have finally put in place the experienced management team we have all been crying out for. As fans we have to start supporting the club and the players - or accept we are going to drift into obscurity. Personally I am not quite certain why they haven't pulled the plug yet - but they aren't going to bank roll us for ever - and if the fans don't start to return that day will come sooner.

2. I wonder if the poor delivery at key moments was down to fatigue ? Watching on telly you could see how tired the players looked at times - it is of huge credit to them that they bossed the game as much as they did.

VENKYS OUT

Finally come round, not had chance to watch it back on the telly but was that a pen literally on the final whistle? Never known an end to a game like it.

As clear of a penalty as Burnley's, Gomez poked it forward and got clattered by one (possibly two) Burnley players attempting a clearance

One horrible moment in the match was watching Bennett or Marshall (forgot which) do a great cross field pass to Spurr and he waits and let's it bounce over his head. Didn't think he had a good game at all, or Gomez or Grimes

Graham's hold up play and first touch in particular were fantastic

Some points need asking off the powers that be..

If rovers fans were not allowed to wear masks , then why was the clampitts allowed Indian flags ? Why are they allowed in ewood dressed as Venky chickens ?

Would a Muslim wearing a mask been allowed in ?

One horrible moment in the match was watching Bennett or Marshall (forgot which) do a great cross field pass to Spurr and he waits and let's it bounce over his head. Didn't think he had a good game at all, or Gomez or Grimes

Graham's hold up play and first touch in particular were fantastic

The worst was 2 rovers playing Nicey nicely .. No sir you shoot no sir you can . One of them should have laced the @#/? thing .it was Squamish

Exactly. They wore chicken outfits and brought Indian flags while we couldn't wear owt. Next time they come to Ewood they should get the same discriminatory treatment that they gave us

I can't go with your fatigue point, the final ball wasn't good from the first minute. Just on fitness we all agreed on the coach back that we looked fitter than Burnley, particularly in the last fifteen minutes. Fitness is something that Lambert spoke about in his first week here and there has been a marked improvement which makes us far more competitive.

ABBEY, the moment with Hanley and Bennett was horrible too. Just smack the thing. Also Bennett taking a touch in the box and laying it off to Marshall where I though Bennett should have just smashed it first time was another bad un

Exactly. They wore chicken outfits and brought Indian flags while we couldn't wear owt. Next time they come to Ewood they should get the same discriminatory treatment that they gave us

Always same one rule for us and one rule for them

On point 1, I've said it many times before but if we get a team in and around the top 6 by the second half of the season then the fans will return and support (the team and the manager that is). You simply aren't going to achieve that with the constant turnover of players we have and having 3 seasons in a row that are dead by February.

Venkys are highly unlikely to be able to win the fans over to be honest, but the Blackburn public would support a successful manager and team. What our club is experiencing in terms of support at the moment would happen at most clubs had they gone through what we have been through.

Bristling truths there. Some post, that.

I just wish you'd change your username. :)

So he should. Mind blowing mistake. He makes me anxiously angry week in and week out.

Not good enough.

Did anybody read Wheelock Saturdays back page headline.

Barton used his premier experience all game. He was bending the refs ear all game. Counting the number of fouls that Barton had commiitted showed the ref had the sixth finger of a Dingle.

The refs performance was poor but he seemed to see fouls where there weren't any for both sides. How he missed the last minute ones was unbelievable.

For those who say the first half one wasn't a penalty, the ref admitted there was contact but Akpan went down too easily. So 90% of penalties in the premiership shouldn't be given. Also surely Boyd went down easily too for the amount of contact so by the ref's theory that shouldn't be a penalty. I actually think both were penalties.

Irrelevant. Rovers couldn't find a blue shirt with a pass or a cross. That was our undoing and the difference between Saturdays game and Tuesdays game.

Irrelevant. Rovers couldn't find a blue shirt with a pass or a cross. That was our undoing and the difference between Saturdays game and Tuesdays game.

Nor could Burnley. In fact their passing and crossing was even worse. So how did they score?

It's not irrelevant then is it?

I made a conscious decision not to post yesterday as you can get carried away- take note Longers.

Burnley are a solid, experienced side with a few PL quality players sprinkled through it, that's all this league needs. Barton had the ref in his pocket throughout, good for him- exactly what we were like on the 09/10 derbies, players that have been there and done it, who know how to win.

Problem being, they go up this time just in time for the new mega, mega TV deal and they will quickly end up in a different financial stratosphere to us- even if they come straight back down.

I can certainly see Stuart's point about how our painful decline has meant that having the double done on us by bloody Burnley of all clubs is now just shrugged off, 'cos at least we battled' - loser talk.

However, I will use a phrase I've always hated- 'we are where we are', but for the first time since that shower darkened our door- that isn't too bad a place. I have some hope.

On the playing side, I finally see a professional outfit for the first time since Allardyce, Lambert is 100% the man for us, I can only hope that he is given the tools in the summer.

As for our fans, absolutely superb- THAT is what support is all about, relentless throughout, best I've known us over there for years.

Keep the faith and let's all do our bit to get this club on the up again.

Many have rightly said that lots of passes went astray and didn't find a blue and white shirts which I found irritating (to say the least) but not as much as seeing Marshall not once but four or five times blast away from distance all to no effect when there were 3 or 4 Rovers players in the box. I actually like Marshall but I think he was on a mission to score a wonder goal yesterday when a simple lob into the box could have proved more effective.

Many have rightly said that lots of passes went astray and didn't find a blue and white shirts which I found irritating (to say the least) but not as much as seeing Marshall not once but four or five times blast away from distance all to no effect when there were 3 or 4 Rovers players in the box. I actually like Marshall but I think he was on a mission to score a wonder goal yesterday when a simple lob into the box could have proved more effective.

Exactly one of those blaze overs the easiest option was a soft pass 10yds along the floor to unmarked player (graham I think)

Archived