BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles Vs Rovers Match Thread

Got to say I've no idea why you feel like that. Unless you're a subscriber to the perpetual delusion of Rovers fans ever since Jack Walker that we're entitled to something.

We're a small Championship club with amongst the worst attendances in the league. We're not entitled to get in the play-offs, we're not entitled to finish mid-table, we're barely entitled to stay up. We're certainly not entitled to go away to one of the best teams in the division and in form terms by an absolute mile the best, and get anything other than convincingly beaten.

Some may accuse me of being negative with this mindset. Far from it. By putting things in realistic terms I'm able to appreciate the achievement of us going to Burnley today and being the better team. We were excellent, it bodes well for this season and bodes extremely well for next season.

Your throwing your scarf on the ground reaction is utterly bizarre to me and very much points to a fantasy world of 1992-2010. In 2016 today's performance represents another step forward. Well done to Lambert and the lads. The fans that we're there sang them off the field.

Abso - bloody - exactly!

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many have rightly said that lots of passes went astray and didn't find a blue and white shirts which I found irritating (to say the least) but not as much as seeing Marshall not once but four or five times blast away from distance all to no effect when there were 3 or 4 Rovers players in the box. I actually like Marshall but I think he was on a mission to score a wonder goal yesterday when a simple lob into the box could have proved more effective.

Marshall regularly chooses the wrong option. I'm sure he knows that, so it's a bit bewildering why he continually does it.

I think they will go up but if they play next season anything like they have against us this season they well get absolutely murdered.

I honestly don't think they care about that. So long as they can keep yo-yoing between the Championship and the Premiership, they will either be receiving massive TV money or massive parachute payments. We had our chance and, thanks to that @#/? Kean and his cronies we got no advantage from it at all.

Imperative that we get our toe back into the Premiership very soon and get the advantage back.

• Backroom

One horrible moment in the match was watching Bennett or Marshall (forgot which) do a great cross field pass to Spurr and he waits and let's it bounce over his head. Didn't think he had a good game at all, or Gomez or Grimes

Graham's hold up play and first touch in particular were fantastic

Spurr let the ball bounce and lost it 4 times yesterday

Stuart understand the frustration but even then we had enough of the play and possession for the next 75 mins.

Like Brighton the questioned was asked of us are you good enough to get back in it. ...................simply the answer was no. The quality was missing in the final third and that is why were are lower league material

Can't fault the efforts yesterday the players tried their best.

Is it a coincidence I've got @#/? the day after visiting Burnley ?

You seen the film alien Abbey? Did you breathe in at the dingledome? your symptoms are the start of the gestation period, a little six fingered freak will be bursting out your stomach in a few weeks

p.s why do you think they banned face masks!

Despite the loss to Burnley why the vitriol to Longsiders? we have lorded over Burnely for so long, 30 odd yrs and more and now they have a double on us. So what? Let them have their time and we as Rovers fans should be big enough and man enough to take it. After all, we have dished it out 20 times and more to our neighbours.

I am not despondent, sad that we lost of course but please, some of you get a grip.

Rovers are NOWHERE near as fluent as Burnley have been this season, the points gap is evidence of that. Even if we take back the 6 points they have stolen it is still a 22 point gap between us. Look how many points Bowyers failure have cost us and I bet 100% that next season we wont be as far back as we are today.

One things for certain, Burnley, if they do go up are heading straight back down and 1 point it does emphasis is the gap that is now prevalent between the wannabees and the haves. Getting promotion might be a future goal (next season) staying up there is a totally different ball game. Neither Burnley, Hull or Boro or Derby have got what it takes to even make a dent in the bottom 7 Premiership sides. That is how big the gulf in class is.

From Paul Wheelock

#rovers players we spoke to y'day all made the point of thanking the 2,409 away fans for their unwavering support in face of a derby defeat.

And on that note, love this pic from @CameraSport, after Danny Graham gave his shirt away to a #rovers young fan. https://t.co/g0sTaeGw3K

Well done Danny Graham - the delight on that little boys face says it all.

Despite the loss to Burnley why the vitriol to Longsiders? we have lorded over Burnely for so long, 30 odd yrs and more and now they have a double on us. So what? Let them have their time and we as Rovers fans should be big enough and man enough to take it. After all, we have dished it out 20 times and more to our neighbours.

I am not despondent, sad that we lost of course but please, some of you get a grip.

Rovers are NOWHERE near as fluent as Burnley have been this season, the points gap is evidence of that. Even if we take back the 6 points they have stolen it is still a 22 point gap between us. Look how many points Bowyers failure have cost us and I bet 100% that next season we wont be as far back as we are today.

One things for certain, Burnley, if they do go up are heading straight back down and 1 point it does emphasis is the gap that is now prevalent between the wannabees and the haves. Getting promotion might be a future goal (next season) staying up there is a totally different ball game. Neither Burnley, Hull or Boro or Derby have got what it takes to even make a dent in the bottom 7 Premiership sides. That is how big the gulf in class is.

Actually, if we won the games it'd be a 14 point gap,as if they lost the 6 points we'd have also gained them.

I see your point though, they're so far ahead due to their consistency. I think Lambert can do that for us though, in time

Logically we played the League leaders on their own "turf" (sorry) and looked more than a match for them. Another day at least 1 of the deflected strikes goes in and we get a penalty too.

BUT it was that lot and it is pisses me off doubly that they have done the double over us and look like going up despite looking distinctly average against us in both games.

Still winning is a habit and hopefully next season we will find it!

Ps. Nice to hear Duffy take responsibility and admit it was a penalty afterwards. Much prefer that than hiding behind "we win as a team and lose as a team"

Disappointing to read this kind of post from a die hard Rover.

I'm by no means a die hard but this result has ruined my weekend. But apparently I should just 'get a grip'.

Somebody else posted about how we aren't entitled to success and even suggesting that we are spoiled by the Jack Walker years. These are just excuses. Accepting that we are second to that lot is to do exactly what Lambert warned we shouldn't and that is to accept mediocrity.

Derby day means current form and league positions are irrelevant. I don't think I'm entitled to a PL club in my home town. But I do feel entitled to think that we should NOT be losing to that lot. We weren't even beaten by the better side yet clowns like Barton get to laud it over Rovers fans. Longers will have to accept that if he posts on a Rovers board (as welcome as he is outside of Derby weeks) he is going to bear the brunt of that reaction.

Yes, they are going up but there is no guarantee that they are coming back down. The new TV deal and the astuteness of their manager means that they will be picking up some decent talent and I'm expecting that, at the very least, promotion will mean they are ahead of us for years to come.

The ONLY thing left for this season is to hope that they miss out on promotion and lose their manager in the process.

We had better not lose to the Nobbers at home is all I can say. Although I expect some will just shrug their shoulders even then. Maybe I should just 'get a grip' but I can only assume that some on here live in little bubbles where if they don't wear their colours nobody is any the wiser. Well, for me at least, tomorrow at work is going to be @#/? unbearable.

Disappointing to read this kind of post from a die hard Rover.

I'm by no means a die hard but this result has ruined my weekend. But apparently I should just 'get a grip'.

Somebody else posted about how we aren't entitled to success and even suggesting that we are spoiled by the Jack Walker years. These are just excuses. Accepting that we are second to that lot is to do exactly what Lambert warned we shouldn't and that is to accept mediocrity.

Derby day means current form and league positions are irrelevant. I don't think I'm entitled to a PL club in my home town. But I do feel entitled to think that we should NOT be losing to that lot. We weren't even beaten by the better side yet clowns like Barton get to laud it over Rovers fans. Longers will have to accept that if he posts on a Rovers board (as welcome as he is outside of Derby weeks) he is going to bear the brunt of that reaction.

Yes, they are going up but there is no guarantee that they are coming back down. The new TV deal and the astuteness of their manager means that they will be picking up some decent talent and I'm expecting that, at the very least, promotion will mean they are ahead of us for years to come.

The ONLY thing left for this season is to hope that they miss out on promotion and lose their manager in the process.

We had better not lose to the Nobbers at home is all I can say. Although I expect some will just shrug their shoulders even then. Maybe I should just 'get a grip' but I can only assume that some on here live in little bubbles where if they don't wear their colours nobody is any the wiser. Well, for me at least, tomorrow at work is going to be @#/? unbearable.

It has been reported

:D

One thing I must admit I missed following yesterdays loss - Rotherham cut the gap back to 8 points.

Birmingham is now another big fixture - especially given the number of matches the team have played recently - plus the effort they put into yesterday. It could be a good barometer for how we will do next season - consistent performances are key - if we can get a win (or even a draw) and play reasonably well - it will be another step forward.

Are you for real? Try going on a Burnley site lording it up about our superior trophy cabinet and see what reaction you get.

Its the only thing that makes it tolerable. I go to work tomorrow and nobody even knows Burnley and Rovers played so i don't have that to deal with.Still @#/? off here, Even the.commentator on Bein Sports was Pro dingle, would not stop bleating on about them, and how theirs was a definite pen and ours were definitely not. An absolute tosser just like the ref. I struggle with how Lenihan got booked for the non tackle on Barton when Barton ran into him

• Backroom

Are you for real? Try going on a Burnley site lording it up about our superior trophy cabinet and see what reaction you get.

Longsiders has been here for many years. And we're more civilised than that lot anyway.

Archived