BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles Vs Rovers Match Thread

So go on the official travel then. Simple.

Just don't force everyone to do the same.

How do you disseminate between those fans who should be herded in, and others who can be trusted to arrive unsupervised?

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit of reflection on Saturday as I sat at the end of the game in the Bob Lord stand watching the players, management team and fans all gutted with the outcome of that game.

It showed me what a difference in mood when everyone is supporting each other, It was a strange moment of pride as the Burnley fans saw there was a real passion for our club. I never thought sat in the Burnley fans at the end of a game we have just lost one nil to our greatest opponents would be one of the proudest moments in my time as a Rovers fan. it was the ultimate irony yet for the first time there was areal outpouring of suffering for the club shared by everyone involved. The players had given their all, the fans in full voice and the staff distraught at failing to get justice. it was a rare sight to behold but enormously uplifting.

The Burnley fans know they have got away with it twice against us this season and were just smarter on both occasions. But fair do's Burnley have made there own luck because they have got most things right in the last 5 years and we have done the opposite.

It made me realize how much of the self destruct button we have been pressing for the last five years,

Well to coin a phrase I am now sick of it. It is time to do what Burnley did when Kilby went in aand pulled the club up by its bootstraps. It is time for us to do the same. I know it means Lambert having to be straight up with the owners and tell them how it is. I hope he has the guts to do it and I hope they will listen

But if I could capture that moment at the end of that game it was priceless. There for 2 or 3 mins the pride of BRFC shone through like something we have not seen for years, I just hope now we can galvanise that energy and all move forward.

If West Ham and Burnley teaches us anything is that when a club is aligned and unified it can achieve great things.

Some hope for me is the new signings are an improvement. Lambert is a proven leader. The youngsters are showing signs of promise. The backroom team are all Rovers through and through.

I just think we need to draw a line in the sand on all of this and move on.

Lets see if we can start tonight v Birmingham

A bit of reflection on Saturday as I sat at the end of the game in the Bob Lord stand watching the players, management team and fans all gutted with the outcome of that game.

It showed me what a difference in mood when everyone is supporting each other, It was a strange moment of pride as the Burnley fans saw there was a real passion for our club. I never thought sat in the Burnley fans at the end of a game we have just lost one nil to our greatest opponents would be one of the proudest moments in my time as a Rovers fan. it was the ultimate irony yet for the first time there was areal outpouring of suffering for the club shared by everyone involved. The players had given their all, the fans in full voice and the staff distraught at failing to get justice. it was a rare sight to behold but enormously uplifting.

The Burnley fans know they have got away with it twice against us this season and were just smarter on both occasions. But fair do's Burnley have made there own luck because they have got most things right in the last 5 years and we have done the opposite.

It made me realize how much of the self destruct button we have been pressing for the last five years,

Well to coin a phrase I am now sick of it. It is time to do what Burnley did when Kilby went in aand pulled the club up by its bootstraps. It is time for us to do the same. I know it means Lambert having to be straight up with the owners and tell them how it is. I hope he has the guts to do it and I hope they will listen

But if I could capture that moment at the end of that game it was priceless. There for 2 or 3 mins the pride of BRFC shone through like something we have not seen for years, I just hope now we can galvanise that energy and all move forward.

If West Ham and Burnley teaches us anything is that when a club is aligned and unified it can achieve great things.

Some hope for me is the new signings are an improvement. Lambert is a proven leader. The youngsters are showing signs of promise. The backroom team are all Rovers through and through.

What a cracking post: 100% support for your views.

Pity I can't go to night as laid up with sciatica again

The problem is not from 'most' of the fans though, it's the idiotic minority on either side. Given the choice, Id probably still go via bus, or out of colours, but I think it should be open for people to make their own minds up. Set the coaches off at 11 for a 12:30 kick-off, rather than requiring you to be there at 9:30 too.

When we played them in the cup a few years back, i was on the second coach to arrive, we got there 2.5 hours before kickoff, which is ridiculous.

It is not difficult to get tickets and make your own way. I have not been on the official coaches for some years now. It means being sat with the home fans but I can keep my mouth shut.

How do you disseminate between those fans who should be herded in, and others who can be trusted to arrive unsupervised?

Not sure if you mean 'disseminate' or discriminate but the short answer is you don't. Nobody should be herded in - that's the point.

Not sure if you mean 'disseminate' or discriminate but the short answer is you don't. Nobody should be herded in - that's the point.

I'm a music teacher not an English teacher! Whichever is correct. Point is, some of our and other clubs fans are absolute idiots.

If we made it a game where anyone could choose to get there in anyway, it can be guaranteed that more trouble will happen.

Believe it or not, there are fans of both clubs who's priority is taking the @#/?, arguing and fighting with other fans- as opposed to how they perform or what games they win!

Take a bow sir, one of the best posts ever, a must for message board gold

I'm a music teacher not an English teacher! Whichever is correct. Point is, some of our and other clubs fans are absolute idiots.

If we made it a game where anyone could choose to get there in anyway, it can be guaranteed that more trouble will happen.

Believe it or not, there are fans of both clubs who's priority is taking the @#/?, arguing and fighting with other fans- as opposed to how they perform or what games they win!

Treat all of the fans who go like adults. Have the Lancs police and the clubs make a statement letting ANYBODY who steps out of line will face criminal charges and a stadium ban. That way, the well behaved fans are not made to feel like animals and the "fans" who are looking to cause trouble will do so knowing full well that they face potential jail time.

Blackburn and Burnley supporters can mix outside of football and it's not football supporters who cause the trouble, it's idiots that can cause trouble even during bubble matches(look at the Cherry Tree Station incident when both clubs where in the top flight).

Only thing I disagree with is your comment about Kilby - Burnley got lucky big time - where they not on the point of bankruptcy when they somehow got promoted under Coyle - who has done absolutely nothing as a manager since ?

So you're saying that the actions of a yobbo fringe should encroach on the civil rights of the law-abiding majority?

Every single fan should have the freedom to make their own travel arrangements. Obviously fans with young families would be advised to choose the coach service, but they should still have that choice.

Course it's that black and white guys, despite actually hating the draconian measures I'm now pro bubble! (Apparently)

I'll never go to Burnley away again until it changes. I couldn't be more against it, I just can't see an alternative if there are still arrests everytime. I believe there would be lots more without the segregation.

Millzy make sense when he talks about warnings, it's just that there is a number of people who'd take no heed.

Life is dictated by small groups spoiling things for the majority. It's no difference here.

Only thing I disagree with is your comment about Kilby - Burnley got lucky big time - where they not on the point of bankruptcy when they somehow got promoted under Coyle - who has done absolutely nothing as a manager since ?

No, we would probably have needed to sell a player or two, but we were nowhere near administration, never mind bankruptcy.

Great post Riverside. Thanks.

Treat all of the fans who go like adults. Have the Lancs police and the clubs make a statement letting ANYBODY who steps out of line will face criminal charges and a stadium ban. That way, the well behaved fans are not made to feel like animals and the "fans" who are looking to cause trouble will do so knowing full well that they face potential jail time.

Blackburn and Burnley supporters can mix outside of football and it's not football supporters who cause the trouble, it's idiots that can cause trouble even during bubble matches(look at the Cherry Tree Station incident when both clubs where in the top flight).

A proud moment for me was when our little film Tash Force was shown at KGH. When I got there, there were officers on the doors and inside the venue. People thought we'd got actors to dress up as police when in fact the local constabulary had discovered that there were going to be Rovers and Burnley fans together in one place and there could be trouble. I wasn't bothered that the police decided to get involved because it looked great for us and really added to the occasion. When the film started the officers came in and stood at the back to keep an eye.

Truth is, everyone got on fine and there was no trouble at all. The crowd included some fellow called David Dunn sat right in the middle of the audience. We knew he was going to be there so I sneakily added the Venky's commercial of him tucking into a piece of chicken. It didn't take long for the crowd to give him a bit of stick for that but he wasn't worried about any trouble even though he's played against and scored against them. It wasn't long before the majority of the crowd were chanting his name. It was like being at a match.

Proof that Rovers and Burnley fans can sit together and not start scrapping, not only in the venue but also in the pub afterwards having a pint. Even the police officers had a good night.

Another good result for Burnley last night. They could well get promoted as champions. You have to hand it to them and Dyche in particular - going back up within 1 or 2 seasons of coming down is what he who should not be named should have done for Rovers a few years ago.

Another good result for Burnley last night. They could well get promoted as champions. You have to hand it to them and Dyche in particular - going back up within 1 or 2 seasons of coming down is what he who should not be named should have done for Rovers a few years ago.

Hull and Boro seem to want to try their best to get into the playoffs rather than the top 2. While they are probably not playing as well as they did last time they went up, Dyche has got them grinding out results. If they go up again it's going to be very difficult for them to keep hold of him.

As a side note, what a crazy division the Championship could be next season with the teams coming down from the prem and the likes of Burton pushing for promotion from league one.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has called Thursday's Europa League last-16 tie against Manchester United "the mother of all football games".

Another johnny foreigner know nowt

:lol:

Don't usually bother with the Europa League, but this is worth a watch.

• Backroom

Partially down to the bubble but you could say it's everything that's wrong with a section of our (and every clubs) fans and makes the bubble justified.

Yes fans/people are stupid but surely you can see the issue that it creates? It encourages fans to bring crates of alcohol to drink in a short space of time before being herded (not the issue with herding people) into coaches to be paraded like a travelling circus through the streets. It's a travelling human zoo!

Treat people like criminals and they will turn to crime. Has nobody watched Trading Places?? ^_^

Archived