BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles Vs Rovers Match Thread

he might have been here for years( so have venkyscum)But that post yesterday was just a rub it your face pure and simple @#/? stirring. Everyone is hurting and its acceptable for a dingle to be allowed to come on here and wind us up? #bonkers just like that nobber on the nobber thread.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Irrelevant. Rovers couldn't find a blue shirt with a pass or a cross. That was our undoing and the difference between Saturdays game and Tuesdays game.

Not strictly true, Rovers passing on the whole was fine. Granted the killer ball was lacking but when a team packs its defence like Burnley then it becomes increasing difficult to find the killer ball. Gomez's final ball was also poor on the day.

A lack of Rovers players in the box at times also did not help this but we had enough heading chances alone to put the game to bed but a lack of ability to head a ball was yet again shown up.

With so many Burnley players in their own box then the chance of a foul by one of them increased, sadly when this happened either the ref either did not see it or bottled it. Both are signs of a poor ref.

You missed my point. He should have been cautioned earlier due to the tactical nature of his fouls. Clearly unsporting behaviour.

Sorry misunderstood the point you were trying to make. Barton knew from previous experience how to deal with this ref. I suspect he knew how far he could push it and he would have gladly been booked at the time of his talking to as he had done what he achieved.

• Backroom

he might have been here for years( so have venkyscum)But that post yesterday was just a rub it your face pure and simple @#/? stirring. Everyone is hurting and its acceptable for a dingle to be allowed to come on here and wind us up? #bonkers just like that nobber on the nobber thread.

In a word, yes. One post (after nigh on 40 years) is nothing. Think of all the Rovers fans on here that are wind ups on a far more regular basis. I'd rather we don't be seen as hypocrites. We're adults on here and can cope with one post.

Nobber is a special case all of his own. Complete plank.

I read someone on here praising Tommy Spurr after the game. Something about filling Olsson's void. Codswallop. He ain't good enough. His distribution of the ball in particular is terrible. Rarely finds a man or if he does he waits too long to pass it or chooses the wrong option. Defensively he can be sound enough when he's up against someone as slow as he is.

Like a lot of our players, he simply isn't consistent enough. Too many players that will do one great thing but then follow it up with a few silly errors. There's only a handful I'd keep hold of for next season if I'm honest. Not sure Gomez is the answer to our creativity problems as he's too lightweight. Graham is a good striker but is he going to fire us up the table? I don't think so. He needs a goalscorer next to him, something we are very much lacking at the moment.

Yesterday highlighted the need to spend big in summer. We need at least two quality strikers, two+ centre mids, left back, right back, back up full-back (or two), possibly a keeper. Had a real lack of quality on the pitch and even less on the bench. The reason we are remaining competitive at the moment is due to Lambert's tactical nous in squeezing a bit extra out of some of the poorer players we have and organising them well as a unit. The form of Hanley has most certainly contributed and he's truly been a rock this season. Is he captain material at the moment though? I am not sure. Personally, I'd prefer someone with experience leading the squad and rallying the troops on the field but we haven't had a true leader in years.

Overall good performance yesterday but a lack of quality in the final third ultimately cost us (not to mention a dodgy ref). The balls into the box were poor and our finishing left a lot to be desired.

In the case of Joey Barton a different set of rules apply. Referees are fully aware of his past behaviour and his ability to 'see red' and are therefore more lenient with him than with other players who don't have such reputations. The last thing a referee wants to do is 'provoke' Barton into collecting another sending off and suspension to add to his list.

The whole thing yesterday looked like an old pals act. Premier League referee drafted in to handle the big live on Sky derby as the usual Championship clowns wouldn't be able to cope with such a fixture, referee on first name terms with Joey who is such a character, encouraging Joey to keep calm and behave, having to explain countless decisions to him, Sean on the touchline moaning at the 4th official every time Burnley were on the back foot.

I wonder if Barton will face FA action for approaching the away end and making gestures with his fingers in a clear attempt to provoke the away fans? Theo Walcott was investigated by the FA for doing the same thing to Spurs fans a couple of years ago and Jack Wilshere was punished for gesturing to Man City supporters. Given Barton was being followed by a Sky TV camera at the time it can't have been missed by the authorities.

In a word, yes. One post (after nigh on 40 years) is nothing. Think of all the Rovers fans on here that are wind ups on a far more regular basis. I'd rather we don't be seen as hypocrites. We're adults on here and can cope with one post.

Nobber is a special case all of his own. Complete plank.

as is the new one

I wonder if Barton will face FA action for approaching the away end and making gestures with his fingers in a clear attempt to provoke the away fans? Theo Walcott was investigated by the FA for doing the same thing to Spurs fans a couple of years ago and Jack Wilshere was punished for gesturing to Man City supporters. Given Barton was being followed by a Sky TV camera at the time it can't have been missed by the authorities.

He should but don't hold your breath.

Everton fan Jamie Carragher making very strong representations as to why Benteke going down soft it was a definite penalty. "You could say he could have stayed on his feet but why should he?".

It amazes me that these people would be the same to say that yesterday's foul on Akpan 'definitely' wasn't a penalty. The inconsistency is infuriating.

• Backroom

Longsiders has been here for many years. And we're more civilised than that lot anyway.

Exactly, which means he should know better and makes it even worse.

If it had been a newbie hit and run then that would be a totally different situation and reaction IMO.

I dunno what's with you lot that are defending him, maybe it's all you that should "get a grip".

I wonder what some of you would do if you got home to find your missus cheating on you - offer to clean both of them up and stick the kettle on?!

The bloke made a prize nipple out of himself last night and deserves to be called out on it.

And all this just rise above it, turn the other cheek, jeremy corbyn type hippy crap is nauseating.

I have one main motto in life, act like a @#/? and expect to be treated like a @#/?. And this falls firmly in that category for me.

You feel free to stick to your tree hugging though.

Exactly, which means he should know better and makes it even worse.

If it had been a newbie hit and run then that would be a totally different situation and reaction IMO.

I dunno what's with you lot that are defending him, maybe it's all you that should "get a grip".

I wonder what some of you would do if you got home to find your missus cheating on you - offer to clean both of them up and stick the kettle on?!

The bloke made a prize nipple out of himself last night and deserves to be called out on it.

And all this just rise above it, turn the other cheek, jeremy corbyn type hippy crap is nauseating.

I have one main motto in life, act like a @#/? and expect to be treated like a @#/?. And this falls firmly in that category for me.

You feel free to stick to your tree hugging though.

Don't you ever talk that way to me. Never! Never!

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Some men, you just can't reach.

Everton fan Jamie Carragher making very strong representations as to why Benteke going down soft it was a definite penalty. "You could say he could have stayed on his feet but why should he?".

Football has reached the stage where 'who cheats best, wins'.

It's as fake as wrestling and as a sport at the top level is soulless and dead, IMO. Compounded by weak referees, managers and media.

He should but don't hold your breath.

I have a vague recollection of there having to be a complaint made by the public before the authorities can act in such instances where the referee won't be reporting anything

Now the dust has settled, I still look back and think extremely positively about the game. We played well and our players battled - they were crestfallen at the end and looked genuinely gutted.

My favourite moment was at the end - we'd lost to our biggest rivals, their fans finally piping up to try and give us some grief, probably expecting angry responses etc. However, instead the fans came together as one to give the players a rousing reception off the pitch, which was reciprocated by the players. It was a touching moment.

Another mention has to go to that roar when Brown came on the pitch. We know he's limited, but we really pulled together on Saturday, and would have probably won if the referee didn't officiate as if he had a Claret and Blue shirt on underneath. It sounds bitter (it isn't), but I didn't hear a peep barely from the home fans all game - our fans made all the noise. '1-0 and you still don't sing' summed it up the best for me, and it was only at full time I finally heard the odious 'Jack Walker is dead' song that they love so much.

Overall, I had a good day given the circumstances, and remain extremely positive Lambert will do the business for us next season.

Keep the faith.

Can't believe the dingles here reckon they out sung us .Crackpots.

Madness. I barely heard a peep out of them, even at 1-0 down it was all Rovers fans making the noise.

Now the dust has settled, I still look back and think extremely positively about the game. We played well and our players battled - they were crestfallen at the end and looked genuinely gutted.

My favourite moment was at the end - we'd lost to our biggest rivals, their fans finally piping up to try and give us some grief, probably expecting angry responses etc. However, instead the fans came together as one to give the players a rousing reception off the pitch, which was reciprocated by the players. It was a touching moment.

Another mention has to go to that roar when Brown came on the pitch. We know he's limited, but we really pulled together on Saturday, and would have probably won if the referee didn't officiate as if he had a Claret and Blue shirt on underneath. It sounds bitter (it isn't), but I didn't hear a peep barely from the home fans all game - our fans made all the noise. '1-0 and you still don't sing' summed it up the best for me, and it was only at full time I finally heard the odious 'Jack Walker is dead' song that they love so much.

Overall, I had a good day given the circumstances, and remain extremely positive Lambert will do the business for us next season.

Keep the faith.

It was a proud moment at the final whistle. Despite losing again to Burnley and them doing the double over us for the first time in nearly 40 years, Rovers fans came together and rose above it. It would have been easy to behave like some of the Burnley savages and set about wrecking the stand, ripping seats out and hurling abuse at players, but the supporters by and large seemed to appreciate the effort the players and team put in and there was enormous mutual respect.

Its telling that the atmosphere among the supporters was far better having just lost to Burnley than it was a couple of weeks ago having won in the last minute against MK Dons.

There was no negativity. Only pride that the squad of free signings and loans fighting relegation had yet again outplayed one of the best and most expensive teams in the league on their own pitch. Burnley fans were quiet throughout and even started to turn on their own players in the last twenty minutes as the extent of sheer domination became clear. It was only after the final whistle that they made any noise and even then the vast majority had left the Longside and McIlroy stands and gone home straight after the final whistle, probably in realisation at just how fortunate they had been to win.

It goes to show that despite some of the rubbish I hear every week at Ewood Park (probably more to come on Tuesday from people who didn't even watch the game on Saturday) the supporters recognise and appreciate the players and managers efforts even in the face of painful defeat.

Well Im the same.

Now the dust has settled and Ive had had time to chew over the game on Saturday, Ive come to the considered opinion...

I STILL HATE THE MONOBROWED CLAMPIT FERRET RUSTLING DINGLE FECKWITS...

Keep the faith.

If you look back at where we were pre Lambert, and compare it to where we are now, theres been a big leap forwards and there's much to be optimistic about.

• Backroom

If you look back at where we were pre Lambert, and compare it to where we are now, theres been a big leap forwards and there's much to be optimistic about.

January seemed to be the turning point. I'd love to see how much further we can leap with another window and a full 'Lambert-fit' pre-season.

Archived