BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles Vs Rovers Match Thread

Jesus talk about can't take it: I'm never rude, just stating a simple truth for you. Ban me if it helps, abuse me, threaten me, call me childish names if it helps but ...

It sounded rude to me. I used to value your posts but why come on here giving it the wind up? You made no mention of the game, instead just trying to brag and lord it over us

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course - truth is in both games this season it's been down simply to our exceptional defence. But all the rest, it isn't luck its for the first time in an long time we have a better infrastructure and better financing.

Blame me if you wish but better to blame those truly responsible if you ask me.

Exceptional defence? You mean the referee in your pocket.

I'll admit that when it was Bowyer v Douche, you had the better deal but the idea that you have a better infrastructure is just @#/?. Sorry there's no other word for it.

You got lucky today and you know it. And I'm one of those who actually has some respect for your opinion...

Better team won, that's why we are 28 points ahead.

Debate small incidents all you wish but please, digest the facst presented. 28 points, doing the double, 6years plus isn't luck or referees guys.

We are debating today's game and the better team didn't win. Your references to 28 points, double and 6 years are irrefutable but the better team lost today.

That's the third season in a row that our season, and all interest in it, has categorically been ended by this lot in March.

Any enjoyment I can take from this season now rests with Jordan Rhodes and pig-faced Brucie.

Yes, the better team lost, but stats don't win games, goals do. Fair play to burnley, they certainly know how to grind out results and defend their leads, but I'm surprised and upset that we didn't get at least one penalty. Graham's hold up play was fantastic, stopping 60 yard kick from Steele dead at his feet.

What should have been a great occasion ruined by a disgraceful ref, no doubt wearing claret and blue underneath his black refs uniform. Played against 12.

Nevertheless, onwards and upwards

Of course - truth is in both games this season it's been down simply to our exceptional defence referee.

I'm sure the ref will be sleeping well tonight with his framed and signed photo of the Scotch egg on his bedside table.

we have a better infrastructure and better financing.

So you finally got rid of those wooden seats, well done.

• Backroom

I can say for certain that if we were to ban longsiders for his 'crimes', half the board would be banned too. Try responding reasonably like arbitro or if you're that incapable of talking to a respectable rival fan just ignore him.

Calm down dears, he's offered an opinion, certainly isn't gloating. If you think he's winding up then hit report, rather than swearing at him and possibly going against the guidelines.

• Backroom

Don't give him the joy of rising to him - every dog has his day.

Things are looking better for us, hopefully we are on the rise again, it will take time, we'll pass them on our way up soon enough.

• Backroom

Yes, the better team lost, but stats don't win games, goals do. Fair play to burnley, they certainly know how to grind out results and defend their leads,

And most of our fans have conceded as much, and given burnley credit for being a very hard to team to break down.

But it seems the dingle hasn't read any of that, or has, and just decided to come on being a gobby troll anyway.

Anyway, he's shown his true colours and I'm glad. He's been on here for years slurping johnson and pretending to be bessy mates with anyone and everyone. It's vomit inducing at times.

Seem to remember him stating he wouldn't come on this messageboard after a derby out of respect, but surprise surprise, Burnley have their best set of results against us in 4 decades or so, and he just can't help himself and comes flying on here to shoot his bolt.

Clown of the highest order.

Calm down dears, he's offered an opinion, certainly isn't gloating. If you think he's winding up then hit report, rather than swearing at him and possibly going against the guidelines.

Haha, you've been had. He must be p*****g himself.

We'll not see him tomorrow at least. It's his Valentines Day.

:D

We'll not see him tomorrow at least. It's his Valentines Day.

His fathers day.

Jesus talk about can't take it: I'm never rude, just stating a simple truth for you. Ban me if it helps, abuse me, threaten me, call me childish names if it helps but ...

Simple truth or a subjective biased opinion? Burnley were poor, they barely created anything and won the game off a pen. Granted a win is a win, the only thing your side deserve credit for is that they can hold a lead when they are playing poorly.

Face it fella - you are just as biased as the next fan and had the score line been vice versa you would be saying the exact same stuff that you are reading on this thread. Now that's the simple truth.

There's generally only one reason that a rival fan appears on a forum after their team has won, and it's to gloat so don't be surprised or offended if it doesn't go down well eh.

it isn't luck its for the first time in an long time we have a better infrastructure and better financing.

This is something that can be attributed down to luck, more or less completely. Bad luck for us Venky's rolled into town and subsequently Anderson pulling the strings of our downfall with his clients at the club. You should be thanking your lucky stars because if this didn't happen to our club then chances are we wouldn't even be playing you today.

I doubt the double over us this season will remove the massive chips off your fan's shoulders - that's just the mentality of Burnley as a town/hamlet really - but maybe promotion will help, for a while at least. You are more or less certs for it now.

Lucky you.

Of course - truth is in both games this season it's been down simply to our exceptional defence. But all the rest, it isn't luck its for the first time in an long time we have a better infrastructure and better financing.

You bought those results, nothing to do with football.

Oh, the irony....

• Backroom

- but maybe promotion will help, for a while at least. You are more or less certs for it now.

Lucky you.

Don't be waving the white flag just yet.

Four teams within 4 points at the top and 10/11 games to go.

Lot of twists and turns yet, think the auto race is going to be a pretty interesting battle. Here's hoping for Boro + Hull.

It only took the complete destruction of our club for Burnley to finally enjoy some fleeting superiority. Congratulations, but it would seem like a hollow victory to me.

Certainly true. Like I said, if their time "on top" is being a good second tier team or yoyo club- they are welcome to it.

Out time included trophies, world class players, established top flight football, multiple European adventures.

I can take losing at Turf Moor just to remind the dingles how insignificant it is in the long term scale of the rivalry. They are only a Newcastle, villa etc away from losing the man holding everything together.

Then they'll likely be back below us, and that's without the sheer negligence we experienced.

Bragging rights went to the six fingered when they beat us for the first time in 34 years. It would take double that to erase the gulf in achievements.

Pity the dingles, don't let today or the last few games get you mad. Leave that to them when we pass them on the way up on 15 months.

Up the ROVERS!!

Still finding it hard to come to terms with that result. There's no way we deserved to lose that and the last minute penalty? Well words fail me.

I can't console myself with the best team losing, it means sod all to me.

However, one thing I will say is that our fans were first class in their support before, during and especially after the game.

We did well to a point but our final ball was terrible and we created next to nothing as a result. Very disappointing and frustrating. They were there for the besting and we just didn't have the quality to beat them. No complaints really.

Responding to Burnley fans looking to tease a response out of us to finish their day off in style, is more naive than either Duffy's challenge or our play in the final 3rd.

You have encouraged more from him, leaving the rest of us even more frustrated and angry.

Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.

Archived