BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles Vs Rovers Match Thread

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another stupid mistake by Duffy has cost us dearly here.

We were really not good enough in the final third - our delivery was absolutely awful and the players should be ashamed of that. Some really poor decisions and some really poor crossing.

That said, it was a decent all round performance and bodes well for us pushing for a respectable mid table finish.

• Backroom

That game needed more tackles. Never really came to life. We were the better team (only just, mind) but Burnley held out well.

Pity. We move on. Til next time Dingles!

Ok, it's official.

'Zero' quality in the box (or final third) in 96 minutes.

Really not good enough when we have dominated the game.

Heaton hardly touched the ball in the second half despite 85% possession.

Lambert really didn't want to lose 2 nil.

Surely when you are so dominant, you go for it.

We had to get sharpness, speed and quality in the box for the last 20 minutes, but PL happier to retain possession on the halfway line.

Good effort but mighty dissappointing.

Like we had at Ewood? :blink:

Who scored Rovers last goal at turf? Who looked likes scoring today?

Kudos to you though. I don't know how you cope with watching from your armchair every week. I couldn't stomach it.

Don't think we can blame Duffy for the result today but sure that some will hang the blame there...

For me, in the moment he is absolutely doing the right thing by going to kick the ball, Boyd is clever enough to be one step ahead and in front and the follow through of Duffy's attempted kick means he goes down...

Unfortunate for me but we had plenty of time and chances to draw/win today.

Bit of a poor game I thought, nothing spectacular from either side but they (as we would) will enjoy the bragging rights!

Hate losing to those lot but they are a couple of seasons ahead of us in terms of what Dyche has built and instilled there.

Summer is coming, hoping the sun comes out for us...

Every single ball hitting the first man, poor quality. Conway would have been perfect to bring on, as he can at least cross a ball, can't understand why he's not getting a look in.

Duffy - liability as always

The "play for a thrown-I " tactic is tiring, it never works and we lose the ball every time.

Tough one to take.

Better team; could have had two penalties but poor delivery ultimately cost us

We were by far the better side. Lunatic defending by Duffy and a dodgy referee were the difference. Only won by a pen, Heaton saved two certain goals. That first save was world class.

Personally gutted but objectively speaking you've got to find it encouraging that we've outplayed a team that's at the top of the league, top of the form charts and who are In good spirits. We are a rag tag cobbled together bunch in comparison and we outplayed them on their home ground.

Don't think we can blame Duffy for the result today but sure that some will hang the blame there...

For me, in the moment he is absolutely doing the right thing by going to kick the ball, Boyd is clever enough to be one step ahead and in front and the follow through of Duffy's attempted kick means he goes down...

Unfortunate for me but we had plenty of time and chances to draw/win today.

Bit of a poor game for me, nothing spectacular from either side but they (as we would) will enjoy the bragging rights!

Hate losing to those lot but the are a couple of seasons ahead of us in terms of what Dyche has built and instilled there.

Summer is coming, hoping the sun comes out for us...

He absolutely did the wrong thing by waiting for the ball to come to him. In his own box. We can't even complain of a dive or it being unfair. To call it a schoolboy error is an insult to schoolboys.

The best team lost today, and that moment was the difference. We could have won if the rest of the team had any bottle but after Dunn leaving there is none. Dunn should have been in that dressing room at half time not sat in a pundits chair playing nice with Dyche Vader and Hollowhead.

Thought we played pretty well overall, as usual just missed that final bit of quality in the final third. Should have had a couple of penalties but that's football, you have to focus on what is in your control instead of what isn't.

Can't blame Lambert for the result, thought we played some really good football and in the second half threw the kitchen sink at them but it just wasn't to be. Fair play to Burnley they know how to defend and soak up pressure.

With a few additions in the summer hopefully we can get revenge if Burnley don't go up of course.

The galling point for me is we didn't make them win. The stupid naive play for their penalty and the amount of times we played woeful balls into their box meant they didn't actually need to do too much to win. Plenty of effort and endeavour from us though which has to be acknowledged but I can never take too much from a defeat to those knuckle draggers!!!

Who scored Rovers last goal at turf? Who looked likes scoring today?

Kudos to you though. I don't know how you cope with watching from your armchair every week. I couldn't stomach it.

That's a low blow, Stu. I normally expect better from you.

Quite impressed by Lambert in his interview - looks like he was pretty much in tears and I saw more emotion there than I've seen from a manager in a long time.

He might have a point on the two potential penalties (you might hope we'd get at least one), though neither were as blatant as Burnley's. At the same time it frustrates me that our only hope of scoring in that game was from a penalty. We should have been more ruthless.

Graham was isolated and was feeding off scraps. Bennett looked promising - thought he was our best player today.

That's a low blow, Stu. I normally expect better from you.

Rise above it - I thought it was a fairly pathetic comment too.

Archived