BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles Vs Rovers Match Thread

Disappointing result but another very encouraging performance. Football wise I thought we were the better team but the final ball was lacking. I thought Graham was outstanding with his hold up play, Bennett was a constant threat to them and my man of the match. At the back Hanley and Duffy were excellent. This is a work in progress but we are definately going in the right direction. Hugely encouraged by what I saw today. In many ways Burnley showed the way forward for next season - being able to grind out results despite playing poorly. However, I thought there were far more positives than negatives today for the Rovers.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to take time folks..be patient.

We have had to swallow our pride this season but one day soon normality will be restored as we pass Burnley on our way up.

I'm (finally) liking what I see under Lambert and just pray to God Venkys back him with hard Cash come Summer.

• Backroom

Disappointing result but another very encouraging performance. Football wise I thought we were the better team but the final ball was lacking. I thought Graham was outstanding with his hold up play, Bennett was a constant threat to them and my man of the match. At the back Hanley and Duffy were excellent. This is a work in progress but we are definately going in the right direction. Hugely encouraged by what I saw today. In many ways Burnley showed the way forward for next season - being able to grind out results despite playing poorly. However, I thought there were far more positives than negatives today for the Rovers.

I'd give Bennett MOTM today as well. Worked tirelessly and won a number of free kicks which would have been dangerous if we had a player on the pitch able to deliver a ball properly. Graham was also very good, played the target man role perfectly. Gomez and Grimes in particular disappointed. Duffy and Steele had a couple of odd moments, but otherwise defensively we were pretty solid. I barely remember Burnley having a chance.

With backing in the summer, Lambert will get us pushing for the playoffs. Without it we're destined to be mid-table for the foreseeable future.

Gutted. Worked all day and sat through the whole recording when I got back. We will do a Burnley next season though!

I'm finally getting the Rhodes thing too...if we win by a couple it's 'But who's gonna score the goals' snigger snigger. Then when we don't score it's 'if only we had a goal scorer up front' grrrr. All I'll say is I think we've improved overall since we sold Rhodes and if we back PL in the summer then I think we'll do well next year.

Duffy's error was that he should have met the ball, though I've seen those not given. Wasn't a blatant foul, he was going to kick the goal and the man stepped in front of him.

I've seen the one with Akpan given more often than not, and that last penalty shout was an absolute joke of a decision by the referee. Last time I saw that many legs in the air I was watching Moulin Rouge.

Saw the game on TV today. No Arte only Labore. I am still trying to understand how hoofball can be considered a tactic and why we did not play 4-4-2 from the beginning. Also, we were setup not to loose playing the 4-5-1. Yes it was a moment of individual error from duffy but we still keep leaking goals lately. I still do not understand how pressing from the front has stopped us from leaking goals. At worst, we should have taken a point which would have been a fair result considering how bad Burnley played. At best we should have won the game. Still of the view that Lambert is only a slight improvement above Bowyer in terms of he has better in-game tactics. There is a difference in wanting to win all the games and actually winning them. We suffer from same issues as before wiz. lack of any sort of consistency in performances, individual errors costing us games, etc.

Exactly the same for me. I know we lost but the huge improvements in recent weeks, three wins on the bounce, drive, determination and today we grew and grew in the game dominating the last 35 minutes after a very scrappy start to the second half by both teams. We needed more imagination in the last third but it will come.

I don't agree with your view on Hanley today and thought by his standards he had a very average game.

Defeated today but looking to the longterm it's going the right way - up!

Burnley friends. oxymoron.

The Oxys are from Blackburn and the Morons are in Burnley.

However, though we lost, we are a million miles better than we were a few months ago. We matched Burnley toe to toe and should have got at least a point.

Stuff the result today. The future is bright.

Exactly the same for me. I know we lost but the huge improvements in recent weeks, three wins on the bounce, drive, determination and today we grew and grew in the game dominating the last 35 minutes after a very scrappy start to the second half by both teams. We needed more imagination in the last third but it will come.

I don't agree with your view on Hanley today and thought by his standards he had a very average game.

Defeated today but looking to the longterm it's going the right way - up!

Yeah I'm not quite sure what other people watched today as oddly enough today's performance made me believe that progress is possible and it's finally happening. I understand that disappointment might be clouding a few judgements due to it being a defeat at the hands of the enemy but we're a work in progress whereas Burnley are the finished article, and at the top of the table. Today we bettered them at their own ground with a cobbled together squad and with the referee on their side. I don't really know what people expected from this game.

Better team won, that's why we are 28 points ahead.

Debate small incidents all you wish but please, digest the facst presented. 28 points, doing the double, 6years plus isn't luck or referees guys.

@#/? off

Debate small incidents all you wish but please, digest the facst presented. 28 points, doing the double, 6years plus isn't luck or referees guys.

Oh it's the guy who "for one of them is a right good egg."

Funny how it's been removed.

When Burnley have a player on the bench who cost more than our entire first team, you know things have changed.

Still, if their "day" is being a top side in the second tier, I can take that no worries.

I thought we played well, lacked final quality - I think it's a bit harsh to single out Duffy, despite the mistake I thought he and the others played well.

It's a shame we couldn't keep Jordan to play with Graham- he showed again today some real intelligence in making the ball stick up top.

The Oxys are from Blackburn and the Morons are in Burnley.

However, though we lost, we are a million miles better than we were a few months ago. We matched Burnley toe to toe and should have got at least a point.

Stuff the result today. The future is bright.

What is oxymoronic is the fact that people are saying things like "stuff the result today" yet EVERY single song at Rovers sings about how much we HATE Burnley.

As it's clearly the case that nobody really cares about losing to the owd enemy down the road (including the players) we need to STOP singing about them.

Can someone delete this tosser? I welcome opposing fans but that offers nothing

No grace. Which is a surprise from you.

The better team lost on the day. Surely even you can admit that.

Note to mods ... you should have left the Dingle's comment on ... he well and truly embarrassed himself.

I agree seeing as some people insist he's such a good guy.

Longsiders has always been a troll and no one will tell me otherwise. He's very good at making his stock of goodwill rise in order to stick the boot in later. I've always maintained he knows exactly what he's doing.

He's mugged a few people off on here who gave him the time of day. Thankfully I wasn't one.

• Backroom

It only took the complete destruction of our club for Burnley to finally enjoy some fleeting superiority. Congratulations, but it would seem like a hollow victory to me.

Of course - truth is in both games this season it's been down simply to our exceptional defence. But all the rest, it isn't luck its for the first time in an long time we have a better infrastructure and better financing.

Blame me if you wish but better to blame those truly responsible if you ask me.

Please ban this cock for life mods. He can cry about being hard done by before, but this is inflammatory and he's outstay his welcome

Jesus talk about can't take it: I'm never rude, just stating a simple truth for you. Ban me if it helps, abuse me, threaten me, call me childish names if it helps but ...

You're the oddest most calculating poster on here.

"I'm never rude" - that's been your game for a while. You can be on the wind up without actually being outright rude and you know it will keep you out of jail and continue your thinly veiled trolling missions.

If you got banned what the hell would you do with your time?

Archived