BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles Vs Rovers Match Thread

But PL should be blaming our inability on 10 or more occasions to put simple balls into the box rather than blaming the ref. Always hate it when losing teams just blame the ref for everything and no exception when it's us. No excuses to create so little from all that possession.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They all sing that song mate. If he doesn't sing it he's in a minority, sadly.

Only the ones in kiddy corner sing it, I'm in the grown up stand, very much doubt anybody in there has anything to do with it, certainly not in hearing distance of me.

Link to a thread about it on a Burnley forum, at least 90% hate it too.

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1656&sid=2fbc724fb5da298953c06714990b1fa3

This game was absolutely not decided by a poor referee. It was decided years ago when the Venkys came in and a gradual slide down the football pyramid began. There is very limited quality in our side. Graham and Gomez (and possibly Marshall) are the only promotion challenging players - two of them are loans. Bennett has some ability but I can't see it being a season long shift. The rest have no ability and during the course of a season, no desire, they have already been pied off by teams in our league! It is not the formula to get promotion. We need some quality youth players and a longer term promotion goal - to chase it in a year with a load of bit-job players and loanees is narrow minded. The whole situation gets me incredibly down. I cannot understand how a family can invest money in purchasing a community based club and just lead it to ruin whilst distancing themselves from any type of media scrutiny. Shambles.

I just badly needed to vent... I was giddy with excitement this morning and sat in front of the TV with my scarf on! That's what a club can do to a grown adult! Half way throw that second half I just threw my scarf on the ground... I was so angry thinking about the predicament of our club.

Tough to take any positives from today, regardless of how much more superior we were.

The referees in this league are abysmal, but the Premier ref today plunged new depths.

The penalty in the last seconds defies logic and language.

A certain cretin ref from 1989 would be revered and sainted if he Reffed nowadays.

Final word on our fans today. Never stopped encouraging. Brown got a real ovation. Made up for the cringeworthy ridicule from last week.

I was struck by Several huge roars of support, at different stages of the play. Unlike anything I've heard for years and years.

I just badly needed to vent... I was giddy with excitement this morning and sat in front of the TV with my scarf on! That's what a club can do to a grown adult! Half way throw that second half I just threw my scarf on the ground... I was so angry thinking about the predicament of our club.

Got to say I've no idea why you feel like that. Unless you're a subscriber to the perpetual delusion of Rovers fans ever since Jack Walker that we're entitled to something.

We're a small Championship club with amongst the worst attendances in the league. We're not entitled to get in the play-offs, we're not entitled to finish mid-table, we're barely entitled to stay up. We're certainly not entitled to go away to one of the best teams in the division and in form terms by an absolute mile the best, and get anything other than convincingly beaten.

Some may accuse me of being negative with this mindset. Far from it. By putting things in realistic terms I'm able to appreciate the achievement of us going to Burnley today and being the better team. We were excellent, it bodes well for this season and bodes extremely well for next season.

Your throwing your scarf on the ground reaction is utterly bizarre to me and very much points to a fantasy world of 1992-2010. In 2016 today's performance represents another step forward. Well done to Lambert and the lads. The fans that we're there sang them off the field.

Bristling truths there. Some post, that.

I just wish you'd change your username. :)

So he should. Mind blowing mistake. He makes me anxiously angry week in and week out.

Not good enough.

Got to say I've no idea why you feel like that. Unless you're a subscriber to the perpetual delusion of Rovers fans ever since Jack Walker that we're entitled to something.

We're a small Championship club with amongst the worst attendances in the league. We're not entitled to get in the play-offs, we're not entitled to finish mid-table, we're barely entitled to stay up. We're certainly not entitled to go away to one of the best teams in the division and in form terms by an absolute mile the best, and get anything other than convincingly beaten.

Some may accuse me of being negative with this mindset. Far from it. By putting things in realistic terms I'm able to appreciate the achievement of us going to Burnley today and being the better team. We were excellent, it bodes well for this season and bodes extremely well for next season.

Your throwing your scarf on the ground reaction is utterly bizarre to me and very much points to a fantasy world of 1992-2010. In 2016 today's performance represents another step forward. Well done to Lambert and the lads. The fans that we're there sang them off the field.

That's a good post if a little harsh on grumpyman. I think that there are genuine reasons to believe that we have hit the bottom and are rebounding back. Sense and sanity from the owners, an impressive football man in the dugout and the promise of freshening up the squad in the summer. If the owners are as good as their word (surely Paul Lambert wouldn't have took the gig unless he had assurances) then we can look forward to taking steps back on the road to recovery.

I know it's tough to lose to those ****s Grumpyman but get your chin up, the future may be a little brighter.

Wouldnt accuse you of being of negative mindset, more suffering from amnesia or something similar.

Going anywhere in this league is a reminder of what a complete cock up our delightful owners made. It's quite easy for me to understand why any rovers fan of any age could feel pretty broken by it all. Reminded of how we've fallen, more so when playing those lot than anyone else.

A small town club... None of that matters, as Sean Douche and his expensively built average team shows.

It took criminal mismanagement to put us anywhere near them and give them some solace after nearly 3 and half decades. Whilst I pity the dingles, it's still extremely heart breaking being reminded that our decline is manufactured.

Big picture is, we are a season and half (at least) away from being where we want to be regardless of where our 6 fingered friends are going. That alone is a perfectly normal reason for supporters to temporarily lose faith! It will be back in time for brum.

I know we are a Championship side and have no divine right to be seeing the best football there is but i can't believe how disappointed I was with our crossing and final ball today

Its understandable to see a guy burst down the wing and not great a ball into the box due to his body weight carrying him the wrong way but the amount of times yesterday a player received the ball, took a touch out of his feet and proceeded to hit the first defender with his cross was criminal.

Exceptional defence? You mean the referee in your pocket.

I'll admit that when it was Bowyer v Douche, you had the better deal but the idea that you have a better infrastructure is just @#/?. Sorry there's no other word for it.

You got lucky today and you know it. And I'm one of those who actually has some respect for your opinion...

Let's have.a.little.understanding for.Longsiders, he's been waiting almost 4 decades to be able to write that.

Hypnotead - I understand your comments but Jbizzle expands on my thoughts. It's not yesterday's game that has annoyed me. It's the mismanagement of our club that has annoyed me... to be in the positive where our team is made up of a collection of random cast off players.

I thought we were good value for at least a point yesterday. That's the most positive I could probably ever feel about getting beat off that lot. They're a horrible team that play 18th century football. You can see why, when things started going slightly wrong for them earlier in the season, that some were calling for his head. Ugly football is OK as long as you win. It's working for them... For the time being, but that bubble will burst.

Just a couple of points this morning after I have calmed down but not got over the disappointment realizing that Burnley have now overtaken us both on and off the pitch.

I thought Tommy Spurr had a great game yesterday and he has fully deserved selection as left back since Olsson's departure. He has really stepped up to the plate.

The key to Burnley's success is mainly built on the solidity of defence. We need to do the same. The key battle after the penalty was if Gomez could influence the midfield v Barton. After his booking he faded away. Hats off to Dyche for building such a solid unit.

There was some bridge building between players fans and managers yesterday that can really help going forward but we have several years of work to do as a club to get where Burnley are now.

For the first half of your post, you have to ask the question why though.

Jack didn't just 'buy the league' as jealous Rovers haters suggested. He put Rovers back in the map. He bought us an infrastructure and left us with a legacy. That legacy was the ability to compete in the top flight, and that brought with it the crowds. His disinterested children didn't share his passion or belief that they owed this town anything and, from a fan perspective, they put a choke hold on Rovers and in my opinion looked to get out at the earliest opportunity. The reason we are where we are is not because it's where we belong, it's because somebody walked into "our" house and charmed their way to the family silver and sold it, whilst smiling at the landlady and convincing her it was all for their own good.

While Kean was backed AGAINST the fans, irreparable damage was done, ripping the heart out of this club. Although the infrastructure still exists, Lambert has a major task to get the wider fanbase back on side. I worry that he will soon wonder why he is bothering and as his personal stock rises, which it will, that he will be off at the first opportunity.

As fans we need to rally and get back to Ewood in numbers. We got a lifeline when somebody approved the appointment of Lambert, Irvine and Kelly (although with the Rhodes money it could be argued that they have paid for themselves), it could be our last.

This is a big club by whatever measure. Certainly bigger than Bumley who look like they are going to win this league. The only difference is that they had a manager building for three years and we had a coach emptying buckets from a sinking ship for a year, followed by two years where the same deck hand was rewarded with the chance to rebuild the ship without the tools or skills or ideas.

Back on topic, Barton is a #### of the highest order and needs someone to take him down a peg or two.

Just a couple of points this morning after I have calmed down but not got over the disappointment realizing that Burnley have now overtaken us both on and off the pitch.

I thought Tommy Spurr had a great game yesterday and he has fully deserved selection as left back since Olsson's departure. He has really stepped up to the plate.

The key to Burnley's success is mainly built on the solidity of defence. We need to do the same. The key battle after the penalty was if Gomez could influence the midfield v Barton. After his booking he faded away. Hats off to Dyche for building such a solid unit.

There was some bridge building between players fans and managers yesterday that can really help going forward but we have several years of work to do as a club to get where Burnley are now.

Hats off, again, to the referee who handed the midfield battle to Bumley. He booked Gomez for next to nothing and also booked Lenihan. If he were being consistent he'd have booked Barton for persistent fouling - but he didn't he just counted on his hand and let him off. In doing so he handed the initiative to them.

It was an awful, homer, display by a referee who should never be allowed to manage derby games in future. Barton will have been laughing his socks off at him.

Barton used his premier experience all game. He was bending the refs ear all game. Counting the number of fouls that Barton had commiitted showed the ref had the sixth finger of a Dingle.

The refs performance was poor but he seemed to see fouls where there weren't any for both sides. How he missed the last minute ones was unbelievable.

For those who say the first half one wasn't a penalty, the ref admitted there was contact but Akpan went down too easily. So 90% of penalties in the premiership shouldn't be given. Also surely Boyd went down easily too for the amount of contact so by the ref's theory that shouldn't be a penalty. I actually think both were penalties.

I've not seen Gomez ever get into a midfield "battle" so I think we are clutching at straws to suggest the yellow spun that element of the game on its head. The ref had a stinker and we should have defo had a pen, but for me we lost due to two major elements

- Duffy switching off and scything down Boyd, which allowed them to sit back and play the boring soaking up (very effective) Burnley way.

- Our inability to get any quality into the box whatsoever.

I think they will go up but if they play next season anything like they have against us this season they well get absolutely murdered.

Are you joking Lewis...it was very audible on the box!

feom where I was sat I can safely say I didn't hear a single chant of it but then again all I could hear was us Rovers supporters so I may be mistake

Archived