BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles Vs Rovers Match Thread

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a proud moment at the final whistle. Despite losing again to Burnley and them doing the double over us for the first time in nearly 40 years, Rovers fans came together and rose above it. It would have been easy to behave like some of the Burnley savages and set about wrecking the stand, ripping seats out and hurling abuse at players, but the supporters by and large seemed to appreciate the effort the players and team put in and there was enormous mutual respect.

Its telling that the atmosphere among the supporters was far better having just lost to Burnley than it was a couple of weeks ago having won in the last minute against MK Dons.

There was no negativity. Only pride that the squad of free signings and loans fighting relegation had yet again outplayed one of the best and most expensive teams in the league on their own pitch. Burnley fans were quiet throughout and even started to turn on their own players in the last twenty minutes as the extent of sheer domination became clear. It was only after the final whistle that they made any noise and even then the vast majority had left the Longside and McIlroy stands and gone home straight after the final whistle, probably in realisation at just how fortunate they had been to win.

It goes to show that despite some of the rubbish I hear every week at Ewood Park (probably more to come on Tuesday from people who didn't even watch the game on Saturday) the supporters recognise and appreciate the players and managers efforts even in the face of painful defeat.

It's been a long time since I've seen such utter dejection on ALL the players' faces, they were genuinely gutted at the final whistle. Although it was painful at the time the main thing I'll take from it was the respect between the players and fans at the end of the game. You could tell that the players knew there wasn't much more they could've got by way of support and that it was fully appreciated, it felt like real bridges had been built.

I

It's been a long time since I've seen such utter dejection on ALL the players' faces, they were genuinely gutted at the final whistle. Although it was painful at the time the main thing I'll take from it was the respect between the players and fans at the end of the game. You could tell that the players knew there wasn't much more they could've got by way of support and that it was fully appreciated, it felt like real bridges had been built.

Browny there was he?

feom where I was sat I can safely say I didn't hear a single chant of it but then again all I could hear was us Rovers supporters so I may be mistake

"Ladies and Gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure to introduce : 'See no evil and Hear no evil' - Mike Jones and Lewis F"

It's results like this that can bond a squad.

As has been mentioned about we all saw the looks on the player's faces after the final whistle.

When was the last time we saw a team care so much about losing?

Probably not since Big Sam I'd say.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure to introduce : 'See no evil and Hear no evil' - Mike Jones and Lewis F"

Im not saying they weren't singing it, I was saying that I didn't HEAR them singing it from where I was - they may well have been doing, just not audible to me at the time. And not in any way am I defending the disgusting chant either

It was a proud moment at the final whistle. Despite losing again to Burnley and them doing the double over us for the first time in nearly 40 years, Rovers fans came together and rose above it. It would have been easy to behave like some of the Burnley savages and set about wrecking the stand, ripping seats out and hurling abuse at players, but the supporters by and large seemed to appreciate the effort the players and team put in and there was enormous mutual respect.

Its telling that the atmosphere among the supporters was far better having just lost to Burnley than it was a couple of weeks ago having won in the last minute against MK Dons.

There was no negativity. Only pride that the squad of free signings and loans fighting relegation had yet again outplayed one of the best and most expensive teams in the league on their own pitch. Burnley fans were quiet throughout and even started to turn on their own players in the last twenty minutes as the extent of sheer domination became clear. It was only after the final whistle that they made any noise and even then the vast majority had left the Longside and McIlroy stands and gone home straight after the final whistle, probably in realisation at just how fortunate they had been to win.

It goes to show that despite some of the rubbish I hear every week at Ewood Park (probably more to come on Tuesday from people who didn't even watch the game on Saturday) the supporters recognise and appreciate the players and managers efforts even in the face of painful defeat.

Well said. In the wider context of our recovery, this defeat is irrelevant. Getting our club back again is paramount and uniting the fans key to our hopes going forward.

Which was never going to happen under Bowyer. Lets just hope these chicken pluckers support Lambert fully in the summer.

'Eight arrested' boldly states the Telegraph.....in a crowd of over Twenty Thousand.

Let's hope Mike Jones was one of them - on charges of robbery, fraud and impersonating a referee.

We were on our coach on the way out of Dingleville, passed a cemetery, bloke is putting some flowers down on a grave... spots the Rovers coaches and proceeds to vigorously flick the vs and do the w*nker gestures.

It was both the funniest and most pathetic thing I've seen in a while ^_^

The confines of the buses and sheer amount of police and stewards give fans of both sides a rather safe environment to vent their spleens at each other. In some ways it encourages the level of abuse because they can't get at each other although if some really wanted to they still could quite easily. Take away the safety net and most wouldn't say boo to each other.

The cup game at Ewood in 2005 was a case in point with people shuffling quietly to the ground with no colours on suspiciously eyeing each other up. It was eerie walking to the ground and there was very little trouble reported even from that lot.

The confines of the buses and sheer amount of police and stewards give fans of both sides a rather safe environment to vent their spleens at each other. In some ways it encourages the level of abuse because they can't get at each other although if some really wanted to they still could quite easily. Take away the safety net and most wouldn't say boo to each other.

The cup game at Ewood in 2005 was a case in point with people shuffling quietly to the ground with no colours on suspiciously eyeing each other up. It was eerie walking to the ground and there was very little trouble reported even from that lot.

The problem is not from 'most' of the fans though, it's the idiotic minority on either side. Given the choice, Id probably still go via bus, or out of colours, but I think it should be open for people to make their own minds up. Set the coaches off at 11 for a 12:30 kick-off, rather than requiring you to be there at 9:30 too.

When we played them in the cup a few years back, i was on the second coach to arrive, we got there 2.5 hours before kickoff, which is ridiculous.

• Backroom

The best thing to do is be completely ruthless. Any fan directly involved with any sort of football disorder should be banned from attending games. Or at least banned from the database for games such as Burnley, Preston, or Bolton.

The problem is not from 'most' of the fans though, it's the idiotic minority on either side. Given the choice, Id probably still go via bus, or out of colours, but I think it should be open for people to make their own minds up. Set the coaches off at 11 for a 12:30 kick-off, rather than requiring you to be there at 9:30 too.

When we played them in the cup a few years back, i was on the second coach to arrive, we got there 2.5 hours before kickoff, which is ridiculous.

So go on the official travel then. Simple.

Just don't force everyone to do the same.

We were on our coach on the way out of Dingleville, passed a cemetery, bloke is putting some flowers down on a grave... spots the Rovers coaches and proceeds to vigorously flick the vs and do the w*nker gestures.

It was both the funniest and most pathetic thing I've seen in a while ^_^

Did you' see joey Barron's horse n trap ?

So go on the official travel then. Simple.

Just don't force everyone to do the same.

Exactly ... Two stops on the train for me

Archived