SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles Vs Rovers Match Thread

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You started it pal.

Nuh uh, Stu. You started it.

We had the benefit of a 'goalscorer' in the home game and still lost.

Would we have dominated today if Rhodes had started ahead of Graham?

Would Rhodes have made any difference with the lack of service on offer?

Gomez and Grimes made little impression and looked weak, lacking in application, particularly Gomez.. For players who are both supposed to have a "sweet left foot", their crosses and free kicks were consistently abysmal, failing to clear the first man. On this showing I doubt there will be much competition for Gomez's signature in the summer and it certainly was not a performance that would persuade Allardyce to retain him even in the Championship.

I think people are being harsh, we outplayed them today and they did little to deserve their goal lead. Their keeper pulled off two fantastic saves. If there was any of our players you could say was the villain it was Duffy, he knew it too. The real villain was the referee though. We deserved at least one of those penalties and on another day could have had two.

I'm so glad we no longer have a goalscorer up front. :angry:

You just can't stop bringing Rhodes up,It wasn't the lack of a goalscorer that lost us the game today it was the lack of quality crossing being put into the box.

I'm a Rhodes fan although in my opinion it was best for both parties that he moved on,he didn't contribute enough to justify being on such a high wage and he clearly didn't fit in with the style Lambert wants to play,good goalscorer and excellent movement around the box but if he had been up front today the ball would have just kept coming back at us.

No doubt we need to sign a goalscorer in the summer but hopefully someone with pace that Rhodes lacked.Another good performance from Graham he really does make the ball stick and bring others in to play,out of all the loan signings he is the one I hope we sign permanently most

Lightweight where it matters, not a poor performance, but where is the beating heart, where is the player in there Pullling up trees saying 'F**king C'Mon, this is ours, we are NOT loosing today!'

I guess I want too much.

Very scrappy game with poor performances all around, which suited Burnley just fine after their penalty. Thought Gomez was desperately poor (if his crossing is so bad, why not move him into the middle?), and Watt is not just unfit; for a professional footballer, the man's overweight. Marshall, Lenihan, Graham, Bennet and the centre backs weren't catastrophic, but none of them could pull their team mates out of the quagmire they found themselves in with slow play, long balls and 4 or 5 touches before looking for a pass. July can't come soon enough.

Didn't realize that Burnley are 12 games unbeaten now.

I know it's difficult to really say how far we are off a promotion push but I think it's fair to suggest we have played some of these promotion contending teams a lot harder under Lambert than under our previous manager. If we can sort the keeper situation out, maybe add a bit more depth defensively and add more of a goal threat we could challenge next season.

As Judy says to Punch, "That's the way to do it" - played them off the park second half, played best over the two games, nil point, 28 points behind. The pantomime between Hanley & Graham at the end when they couldn't decide who to shoot summed it up.

Very disappointing, Loons should leave 50 mill in the club office and feck off.

Oh and if he's a PL ref, I'm the president of America - awful "homer".

Yes, I'm bitter.

Gomez and Grimes made little impression and looked weak, lacking in application, particularly Gomez.. For players who are both supposed to have a "sweet left foot", their crosses and free kicks were consistently abysmal, failing to clear the first man. On this showing I doubt there will be much competition for Gomez's signature in the summer and it certainly was not a performance that would persuade Allardyce to retain him even in the Championship.

I haven't been over impressed by Gomez - and it could be argued that his goals have glossed over some otherwise average displays.

My only hope - is that the Venky's will have watched this match - seen how close PL now has us - and give him the necessary funds in the summer.

IMO we need to keep Graham (strongly disagree with the poster who said he had a poor match), we need a new left back, a goal scoring forward with pace and a little more pace and imagination in midfield. Personally I don't think we are a million miles away from a top 6 side - just need to add some genuine quality in key positions.

As Judy says to Punch, "That's the way to do it" - played them off the park second half, played best over the two games, nil point, 28 points behind. The pantomime between Hanley & Graham at the end when they couldn't decide who to shoot summed it up.

Very disappointing, Loons should leave 50 mill in the club office and feck off.

Oh and if he's a PL ref, I'm the president of America - awful "homer".

Yes, I'm bitter.

Referee was truly awful - most Championship referees seem to equally poor without too much bias - this referee was seemingly influenced by the home crowd.

I'm upset but really happy with the performance. We battled hard and played well, especially with a totally inept ref. Great support too. Lambert will have us going next year, I have no doubt.

I had to read this twice to make sure I had read it correctly. I thought Graham was excellent again and everyone on my coach who I've spoken to agrees. Virtually every single ball that was played up to him (whatever the height, whoever was marking him) stuck to him. In fact, I'm struggling to think of an occasion when he lost the ball. Also worked tirelessly once again.

I really hope we still have him next season.

Held the ball up well enough, but his movement in and around the box was nonexistent. He never tried to get across his man from the crosses coming in (not that it really mattered as they were generally poor) and although he does keep possession of the ball, too often I felt he chose the safe option of just laying it off to a deep lying midfielder rather than be progressive and try to hurt the defence.

As another poster has said, we need to get someone alongside him to knock them in. But as our lone striker today I don't feel he offered enough threat and I think Jackson may have caused them a few more problems in the last 20.

The one at the end where he and Hanley left it for each other summed it up for me - he's just not ruthless enough. Sorry for bringing him up, but there's no way Rhodes (or Gestede/Shearer/Garner etc) leaves that ball for anyone and that's probably the difference between a guy who scores 20 a season and one who'll just chip in with a few along the way.

As another poster has said, we need to get someone alongside him to knock them in. But as our lone striker today I don't feel he offered enough threat and I think Jackson may have caused them a few more problems in the last 20.

The one at the end where he and Hanley left it for each other summed it up for me - he's just not ruthless enough. Sorry for bringing him up, but there's no way Rhodes (or Gestede/Shearer/Garner etc) leaves that ball for anyone and that's probably the difference between a guy who scores 20 a season and one who'll just chip in with a few along the way.

That was me, and I agree with the second line I've highlighted. That for me was the worst thing Graham did today, he should have just cracked it. I thought overall though he's an improvement on what we had before in terms of keeping the ball in their half. We just don't have a person with him to make the most of it, or a midfield that'll surge forward for him to give him an outlet. Shows promise though.

What's also annoying is that the camera angles on the tv don't show how blatant a penalty that is right at the end. It's very similar to their penalty. Guy goes to hoof it, Gomez nicks it first and the guy just boots his foot.

I had to read this twice to make sure I had read it correctly. I thought Graham was excellent again and everyone on my coach who I've spoken to agrees. Virtually every single ball that was played up to him (whatever the height, whoever was marking him) stuck to him. In fact, I'm struggling to think of an occasion when he lost the ball. Also worked tirelessly once again.

I really hope we still have him next season.

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking Graham played well. Some of his hold up play and lay-offs were class. Give me Danny Graham (or his type of footballing centre forward) any day.

One other point.

Over the last few weeks, I've personally gone from genuinely wondering if there was any team in this league that we could beat, to believing there isn't a team, on our day now, that we couldn't beat. Bet I'm not on my own either.

Some of the negativity on here is perplexing. This is still very much a work in progress and by no means anywhere where the manager wants us to be. We outplayed them today and if the final ball was better I believe we would have won comfortably. Blackburn Rovers are absolutely moving in the right direction and with some new players and a proper pre season I really think we will make a big push for promotion next season.

The referee had a Joe Cocker and when I saw who it was I predicted this. He has always been weak and inconsistent. I have been in touch with his boss to tell him so.

Aside from the final ball, I thought we looked a better team than Burnley today. We're going in the right direction. We're working harder than at any point in the last fourish years, defending well, the midfield dominated theirs and the link up play throughout the side was very good. Back Lambert in the summer and we can be fighting for promotion next season.

This is exactly the game I've just got home from.

In my opinion, and I'll get slaughtered for this, Duffy and Bennett were by far our best performers. Initially I thought the penalty was very soft but now I've seen the reply Duffy went to clear the ball, didn't see Boyd coming in and consequently fouled him.

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking Graham played well. Some of his hold up play and lay-offs were class. Give me Danny Graham (or his type of footballing centre forward) any day.

One other point.

Over the last few weeks, I've personally gone from genuinely wondering if there was any team in this league that we could beat, to believing there isn't a team, on our day now, that we couldn't beat. Bet I'm not on my own either.

No your not den. We got better and better through the match. We let ourselves down with the repetition of balls in to the box, few if any efforts to get round the back which is what was needed.

Disappointing result but we are improving and getting better.

Recently, we've outplayed M'boro twice and taken four points, been to Derby and Burnley and lost narrowly on each occasion by 1-0 when we should have come away from each match with at least a point. This is real progress from earlier season.

Fecking sick of all this Rhodes' shyte - he's expensive history and we are a better, stronger unit without him - results and performances show that. Anyhow, he's hardly setting Teeside alight is he ?

Lambert is turning us into a very difficult unit to beat, just like Burnley, and when he's had the summer window to bring in some more quality, I would be amazed if we are not at least top six next season.

In Lambert we trust.

With Burnley friends tonight and there will be some great craic - just as it should be. The wine will be claret, and post dinner drinks will be blue gin. Sore heads tomorrow!

Just got home ..dick turpinned . That ref should be sacked . Rovers tried and come up short . I read earlier no idea who said it but they called rovers fans scum for sure beginning one Jack walker .. Pathetic comment we were singing before the clapping . We had no idea what / who why there was a sudden clap . There was a picture on the screen and I still am non the wiser .

I'm bet the only ones on here only knew what was going on because of sky .

This is exactly the game I've just got home from.

In my opinion, and I'll get slaughtered for this, Duffy and Bennett were by far our best performers. Initially I thought the penalty was very soft but now I've seen the reply Duffy went to clear the ball, didn't see Boyd coming in and consequently fouled him.

No your not den. We got better and better through the match. We let ourselves down with the repetition of balls in to the box, few if any efforts to get round the back which is what was needed.

Exactly as described on the radio at the time.

The dingles have become experts at grinding out results, been saying it nearly all season and who listened ?

I'll tell you who

.....................................................................................

Just got home ..dick turpinned . That ref should be sacked . Rovers tried and come up short . I read earlier no idea who said it but they called rovers fans scum for sure beginning one Jack walker .. Pathetic comment we were singing before the clapping . We had no idea what / who why there was a sudden clap . There was a picture on the screen and I still am non the wiser .

I'm bet the only ones on here only knew what was going on because of sky .

Even Paul Weller admitted the ref was crap

Archived