BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Suhail Pasha

How difficult would it be for him to have his photograph taken outside the Blackburn End and put it on the website along with him introducing himself or explaining what he does or why he's here? If he's so switched on surely the first thing you do is try and shed light on who you are and what you're doing to try and reassure angry, frustrated and disaffected supporters.

He's either not so bright and thinks that this sham can continue with him lurking in the shadows pulling the strings or he would like to come into the open but is being prevented from doing so by someone higher up the foodchain.

When he brought Lambert and Irvine in I thought we finally had a man in place making decisions who knew what he was doing and understood the game. Events since the end of last year suggest it was just the latest botch job in a long, long list.

All this talk about him being a very private individual who doesn't like the limelight is just nonsense. There are a lot of private people involved in running/ruining football clubs who aren't comfortable in the limelight. It doesn't mean you go to such ridiculous lengths to avoid any sort of communication, especially in a vacuum such as at Ewood Park. No, there are more sinister reasons for his silence, question is will we ever know the real reasons.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't say I remember too much about him but seems he's been around a good while.

Won't go down well here but I will say he seemed about the most switched on person we spoke to and did seem to understand the concerns raised. Hope he can now act on things

The switch I want to see is the venkys off one

Mike Cheston last Thursday, admitted during the meeting that the meeting was brought forward a week, to allow Pasha a better opportunity to attend.

When pushed by Paul Keogh, to commit to a meeting including Pasha, the next time he is in the country, Cheston agreed.

However, the truth is - Pasha was in the country whilst this meeting went on, he was here all week and probably still is, so why the hell couldn't he attend? he never will.

Mike Cheston last Thursday, admitted during the meeting that the meeting was brought forward a week, to allow Pasha a better opportunity to attend.

When pushed by Paul Keogh, to commit to a meeting including Pasha, the next time he is in the country, Cheston agreed.

However, the truth is - Pasha was in the country whilst this meeting went on, he was here all week and probably still is, so why the hell couldn't he attend? he never will.

Mark, are you already chasing Cheston for the additional meeting with Pasha, which he promised to request....within next few weeks?

Can't say I remember too much about him but seems he's been around a good while.

Won't go down well here but I will say he seemed about the most switched on person we spoke to and did seem to understand the concerns raised. Hope he can now act on things

He might be a very nice man and willing to listen to the concerns of the fans but If he chose Coyle over Warnock then he isn't 'switched on' as to what's best for the club. That's been the major problem with the owners and their 'advisors' from the very start.

They continue to try and pull the wool over supporters eyes. If Cheston really thinks people will just accept and believe all that stuff about him being unavailable for the meeting then he shouldn't be doing the job he is. He would have been better just admitting that Pasha decided not to attend the meeting.

After all, Cheston admitted that Pasha is now an employee of the club, so in theory Cheston, as the most senior employee of the club, could have ordered Pasha to attend and speak to supporters. Instead Cheston sends people like Silvester and Coar to sit on the top table and contribute nothing but a legal threat to the dialogue with supporters.

Its quite obvious that Pasha won't meet with the fans. That's either a decision he has made or his bosses have made, either way they are deliberately ensuring that he will not communicate in any shape or form, directly or indirectly, with the paying supporters. We can only speculate as to why. The innocent explanation is that they don't want him to commit to things, make promises they can't keep or humiliate them in public like the last 'advisor' did by going on BBC Radio 5. The more sinister explanation is that he's here for reasons as yet not fully clear, but I don't believe it is a coincidence that since he's arrived on the scene we've flogged £40 million worth of players and seen off 2 managers, 2 assistant managers, 2 first team coaches, and 3 directors.

I await the next meeting and the next excuse as to why he can't attend.

They continue to try and pull the wool over supporters eyes. If Cheston really thinks people will just accept and believe all that stuff about him being unavailable for the meeting then he shouldn't be doing the job he is. He would have been better just admitting that Pasha decided not to attend the meeting.

After all, Cheston admitted that Pasha is now an employee of the club, so in theory Cheston, as the most senior employee of the club, could have ordered Pasha to attend and speak to supporters. Instead Cheston sends people like Silvester and Coar to sit on the top table and contribute nothing but a legal threat to the dialogue with supporters.

Its quite obvious that Pasha won't meet with the fans. That's either a decision he has made or his bosses have made, either way they are deliberately ensuring that he will not communicate in any shape or form, directly or indirectly, with the paying supporters. We can only speculate as to why. The innocent explanation is that they don't want him to commit to things, make promises they can't keep or humiliate them in public like the last 'advisor' did by going on BBC Radio 5. The more sinister explanation is that he's here for reasons as yet not fully clear, but I don't believe it is a coincidence that since he's arrived on the scene we've flogged £40 million worth of players and seen off 2 managers, 2 assistant managers, 2 first team coaches, and 3 directors.

I await the next meeting and the next excuse as to why he can't attend.

I wonder if he is an employee or if it was a lie. No announcement had been made.

I wonder if it was a way to throw people off the idea of chucking a spanner in the works of getting him a work permit.

Either way...has he got a work permit now...or not?

Maybe Pasha is the senior man?

Cheston promised to ask Pasha to meet with fans in the next few weeks.

Hopefully BRFCAG are chasing him daily on the subject.

An answer must be given one way or the other because it stinks.

Also need an answer on the HMRC investigation.

I wonder if he is an employee or if it was a lie. No announcement had been made.

I wonder if it was a way to throw people off the idea of chucking a spanner in the works of getting him a work permit.

Either way...has he got a work permit now...or not?

Maybe Pasha is the senior man?

Cheston promised to ask Pasha to meet with fans in the next few weeks.

Hopefully BRFCAG are chasing him daily on the subject.

An answer must be given one way or the other because it stinks.

Also need an answer on the HMRC investigation.

I believe he is an employee. They need him to be to enable him to obtain a work permit. Just like they needed that ludicrous job advert on the website to convince the authorities that there was a genuine vacancy (involving him being the link man to improve communications between the club and owners) and a genuine search for a British candidate (because there's loads of people around who are fluent in English, Hindu and Marathi).

It was all a sham to get a work permit for Pasha so that he could continue to do whatever it is he's doing without worrying about how long he's been here for and without having to keep flying back to India all the time. There was never any intention of him coming along and suddenly communicating with the fans and getting the owners message across.

The reason they haven't announced his appointment via official club channels is the same as why he's been involved behind the scenes for more than a year and has never been spoken to or photographed. Its all a big secret.

Cheston promised to ask Pasha to meet with the fans. He didn't promise that Pasha would meet with the fans.

It stinks, its suspicious, and I expect this Pasha is here to oversee a non-footballing agenda. At best he's the man here to slash costs left, right and centre and ensure there's no fiddling or lapses along the way with contracts/spending. At worst he's up to something else.

He's been Balaji pal for years and allegedly a Kentaro/Cresendo man so why has it taken him until last summer to pitch up regularly ?

There's got to be a reason and it seems it's to oversee the downscale and that's the only conclusion people can draw looking at it from the outside over the last 12 months. This is why we are asking for some clarity and why rumours and conspiracies keep flowing, they are blatantly obviously up to something and it isn't in the best interests of the team that's for sure.

Cheston should sit there and say Mr Pasha felt it wasn't the right time to attend and also be honest and say they've had word from India that THEY want continuing large cuts made despite the millions in income over the past 12 months.

Just be honest for once it'll make their jobs easier even if they can't answer exactly why it's going on.

To be honest I'd be a lot happier if they were honest about what they were doing, then, we, as a fanbase can prepare for it. If they intend to sell all the assets they can to recoup whatever investment they believe they've made then at least front up about it. I'd rather we were told to our faces we are being had off, at least we then know there is an end in sight.

One scenario is that they don't have any plan for us, they've sold off any players of value - only Marshall remains (maybe go for <£1m in Jan?). Brockhall can't be sold for housing and is therefore not worth selling, Ewood is not worth very much at all.

So all they have left is a football club that's a drain on their finances with no prospect of a turnaround antyime soon - and they really don't know what to do next?

Maybe there is no end-game plan or exit strategy?

One scenario is that they don't have any plan for us, they've sold off any players of value - only Marshall remains (maybe go for <£1m in Jan?). Brockhall can't be sold for housing and is therefore not worth selling, Ewood is not worth very much at all.

So all they have left is a football club that's a drain on their finances with no prospect of a turnaround antyime soon - and they really don't know what to do next?

Maybe there is no end-game plan or exit strategy?

But it should be a very simple one way or the other decision.

You either continue to lose money, in which case anyone with any sense would put a structure in place to try and make the most of your 'investment' with a view to building towards promotion.

Or you decide you won't put any more money in, and therefore look to sell the club, even give it away if needed, as soon as possible, in order to stop losing millions on something you've no interest in.

This middle ground is nonsensical. All it will achieve is knocking further value off the club, continue to cost them money every year whilst the club continues to deteriorate. Yet their steadfast refusal to even entertain leaving the club in any shape or form is one of the few constants of the last 5 years.

But it should be a very simple one way or the other decision.

You either continue to lose money, in which case anyone with any sense would put a structure in place to try and make the most of your 'investment' with a view to building towards promotion.

Or you decide you won't put any more money in, and therefore look to sell the club, even give it away if needed, as soon as possible, in order to stop losing millions on something you've no interest in.

This middle ground is nonsensical. All it will achieve is knocking further value off the club, continue to cost them money every year whilst the club continues to deteriorate. Yet their steadfast refusal to even entertain leaving the club in any shape or form is one of the few constants of the last 5 years.

I'm no expert, but I would assume any potential buyer would want their own financial people to go over the accounts with a fine-tooth comb, there'd be nothing to see i'm sure. :rock:

I still don't think there will be anything in the accounts of Blackburn Rovers football club limited that are untoward, the transactions that are 'allegedly' open to scrutiny relate to Venkys London LTD and various other companies. I bet the accounts that potentials buyers see will be clean as a whistle.

I still don't think there will be anything in the accounts of Blackburn Rovers football club limited that are untoward, the transactions that are 'allegedly' open to scrutiny relate to Venkys London LTD and various other companies. I bet the accounts that potentials buyers see will be clean as a whistle.

The next set of accounts should be interesting to say the least: from memory, the last set showed intangible assets (player valuations) on the balance sheet totalling approx £8.5 million. Since then there has been approximately £40 million recouped in sales. The balance should be written back into the p&l after taking into account the revised figure for intangible assets and theoretically show a whopping profit.

Best of luck with that one Cheston!

There are no doubt others more qualified than I on here and I'd be interested to hear their views.

Yep they stitched it all up perfectly on the club accounts, ridiculous agents fees and pay offs left right an centre as well as overblown contracts handed out all come with suspicion to fans but legally they are above board probably. Once cash goes out who knows what it's for or where it goes but it goes out under what passes for normal club football expenses.

Another reason this industry attracts such as it does :blink:

The next set of accounts should be interesting to say the least: from memory, the last set showed intangible assets (player valuations) on the balance sheet totalling approx £8.5 million. Since then there has been approximately £40 million recouped in sales. The balance should be written back into the p&l after taking into account the revised figure for intangible assets and theoretically show a whopping profit.

Best of luck with that one Cheston!

There are no doubt others more qualified than I on here and I'd be interested to hear their views.

Except the £40 million has probably been trousered used to pay down debt

• Backroom

He might be a very nice man and willing to listen to the concerns of the fans but If he chose Coyle over Warnock then he isn't 'switched on' as to what's best for the club. That's been the major problem with the owners and their 'advisors' from the very start.

Very good point and one I had forgot all about

Archived