BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Suhail Pasha

Still got to be accounted for.

Cash and bank are one thing, p&l and balance sheet another but all should realign.

It is the transfer of money from Blackburn Rovers to VLL that will be the interesting item to look at, maybe that is why it is rumoured that HMRC are looking at VLL.

Pretty sure there will be some hefty player depreciation going on as well to allow Directors loans to be repaid.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the Slasher might have to make a few more savings if Degsy wins his case

https://twitter.com/mrwawild/status/783747338363867136

12th Oct 10am Manchester - Claimant - Mr Derek Shaw Respondent - Blackburn Rovers - Jurisdiction(s) - UDL (unfair dismissal?)

http://www.employmentcasesupdate.co.uk/site.aspx?i=ed16253

Case closed m'lord..

After the gravy train ride he had here and the money he cost the club with the Berg thing it just shows what a hard faced toad he is as well. Always said it was rollox he'd just decided to step down after he'd finally got Rhodes out the club.

More farcical stuff which proves the circus is still in full swing behind the scenes. There were strong rumours a while ago that Bowyer was going down this route but then it went quiet, wonder if anything happened there ?

Interesting comment from the judge in there, he states that Kean's "employment had been terminated by Blackburn".

We were always told that Kean had resigned.

Kean wouldn't have got a pay-off if he'd resigned, and if anyone really believes he'd have walked away from here without a nice big cheque after everything that went on they need to get real.

It suited Kean to play the victim and say he resigned at the time, there's absolutely no chance he passed up the opportunity of a pay-off in doing so.

Question is who was he dealing with when agreeing the severance package, and how much did he actually get?

Considering he was on double wages and taking into account his overall contract worth, relegated again or not, I find it hard to believe he was severed for just 1.2 mill.

Would it surprise anyone if we were still paying him over the pat few years and that's why he's doin a part time gig in Brunei ?

• Moderation Lead

Looks like the Slasher might have to make a few more savings if Degsy wins his case

https://twitter.com/mrwawild/status/783747338363867136

12th Oct 10am Manchester - Claimant - Mr Derek Shaw Respondent - Blackburn Rovers - Jurisdiction(s) - UDL (unfair dismissal?)

Good to see that Mr Wild is still alive.

If Shaw is taking Rovers to a tribunal for unfair dismissal it might be safe to assume he didn't sign an NDA. Does anybody know him well enough to check this and if he didn't would he be willing to come forward with information after his case.

Considering he was on double wages and taking into account his overall contract worth, relegated again or not, I find it hard to believe he was severed for just 1.2 mill.

Would it surprise anyone if we were still paying him over the pat few years and that's why he's doin a part time gig in Brunei ?

It wouldn't surprise me at all. I strongly believe there's all sorts still going on in the background that isn't yet out in the open.

Rovers could still possibly be paying him off, and part of that arrangement is that he needs to lie low somewhere for a few years in order to qualify for the full pay-off. Perhaps if he shows his face in England before a set date then he isn't entitled to the full whack. If its true they are still coughing up for people like Givet, then I'd be very surprised if Kean hadn't ensured he was part of that process once he had left the club.

One theory of mine is that Kean continues to be paid on the same terms as he was on at Rovers, only the cash is now coming from his friends in Brunei rather than Rovers bank account. It wouldn't surprise me at all if throughout all this Kean has actually been an employee of the agency in Brunei rather than an employee of Rovers/Brunei DPMM, and they've merely reassigned him to a different club/project. The heat started to get a bit much at Rovers towards the end with Shebby Singh interfering in the scheme and his continuing presence around the club no doubt unsettled Kean and his cronies, to the point where he needed to get out, take the heat off and let the dust settle for a while. No doubt one or two of the Rao family were starting to ask awkward questions after relegation also.

Horror of horrors the partners could dump him back in here once the club has sunk low enough and there is no one left to give much of a toss !!!!

Hopefully that's just a nightmare I had last night but in the whacky world of Rovers anything is possible. I firmly believe Kean had an unofficial stake in the club himself and hiding out there but still receiving dividends or his stake money back plus profit isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

The contract they drew up themselves was worth probably 20 million so he just walked away from that for just over a million, less what he then had to pay Allardyce ??

Hmmmm...

Kean wouldn't have got a pay-off if he'd resigned, and if anyone really believes he'd have walked away from here without a nice big cheque after everything that went on they need to get real.

It suited Kean to play the victim and say he resigned at the time, there's absolutely no chance he passed up the opportunity of a pay-off in doing so.

Question is who was he dealing with when agreeing the severance package, and how much did he actually get?

No, he argued constructive dismissal as I recall it and therefore had no choice, in his view,but to resign! Never came before a tribunal though, he was paid off immediately. Wonder why?!

Everyone at Ewood is just waiting for their pay day and Shaw will get paid off just like everyone else.

Rovers were still paying Etuhu, Best and Orr until recently, might still be.

Presume Cheston wrote the lies on the club website:

“Due to ongoing other business interests Mr Shaw has found combining the two roles too time-consuming and difficult going forward."

Everyone at Ewood is just waiting for their pay day and Shaw will get paid off just like everyone else.

Rovers were still paying Etuhu, Best and Orr until recently, might still be.

Presume Cheston wrote the lies on the club website:

“Due to ongoing other business interests Mr Shaw has found combining the two roles too time-consuming and difficult going forward."

The timing of Shaw's departure concerned me and still does. If it was merely an amicable and thought out decision to step down due to his other interests then he could have done that in the summer and given the club time to hand over to someone else or show someone the ropes. For him to suddenly depart the day after the January transfer window closed and then cite business reasons was very odd. His business interests didn't prevent him getting the job and doing it for nearly 4 years.

If it was me, and I had made a decision to stand down because of other commitments, I would either have gone in Summer 2015 or Summer 2016, not the day after a transfer window had shut.

Archived