BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Phoenix From The Flames

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the greatest of respect, Hereford is Hereford and BRFC is BRFC. As bad as things are, and as worse as they could get, I just don't see a scenario where a club with our history and tradition would be liquidated. It simply wouldn't be allowed to happen.

Exhibit A. Glasgow Rangers.

With the greatest of respect, Hereford is Hereford and BRFC is BRFC. As bad as things are, and as worse as they could get, I just don't see a scenario where a club with our history and tradition would be liquidated. It simply wouldn't be allowed to happen.

If the owners were malicious, they could close the club and walk away couldn't they? Then a new one would have to be formed?

Not saying its likely but its legally possible. Usually the method is for administrators to be appointed and for them to seek new ownership and negotiate with creditors. But there is nothing usual about Venkys and this club is owned by them.

If I've got any of this wrong I would love to be wrong about it.

He isn't "starting" to become tiresome at all! He has been ever since he returned. Its all about him.

Ban him for a month and give us all a break.

He will probably report this post as well now. But I think you've got a point

I was going to comment that it's exactly what happened at Rangers. They didn't have to go right to the bottom though. They were allowed to start again at the bottom of their pro league structure.

Does anyone know why that was? Apart from being a farce, the rules are the rules. Or is the bottom of their pro league effectively the same level as our tier 9?

Vinjay, where did I compare Hereford to Rovers, all I'm trying to highlight is that there is life after administration. You're a bit of a clown really.

Meant to say that gates of over 4K have been a regular thing this season (capacity is about 4400). In league 1 Hereford were getting lower attendances.

It goes to show, if you engage fans, give them a stake in the Club and not just treat them like customers, they will invest their time, money and loyalty.

Its a heartening example.. However, as bad as it looks for Rovers just now, its my sincerest hope that we don't get wound up and have to start again.

In that case it Wont be Rovers, but a Rovers mkII. That should be our Red Line, Rovers doesn't cease to exist.

But your example shows what can be achieved when Supporters and Community unite.

Ricky didnt compare Tho did he?

He just told the story of Hereford Utd

Ignore Vinjay Ricky. He's a clown who should never have been allowed back on here.

But your example shows what can be achieved when Supporters and Community unite.

Spot on. It's a shame that it will probably take the near death of the club to do that. We certainly don't seem to be able to unite about the best way to avoid getting that close.

Does anyone know why that was? Apart from being a farce, the rules are the rules. Or is the bottom of their pro league effectively the same level as our tier 9?

Pragmatism Stuart. The junior league grounds (as they call them) in Scotland just wouldn't have been able to cope with the hordes of Rangers fans. It was bad enough in the lower professional leagues. Most Rangers fans I know actually enjoyed the experience of visiting new grounds etc.

I don't think any set of rules that was ever written could ever have envisaged what happened in this case, to be honest.

The club is the fans, past and present. It's our history, our memories.

Liquidation doesn't mean the end of Blackburn Rovers so long as the supporters stick with the new club. We take the 140 years with us.

Wimbledon is AFC Wimbledon, not MK Dons.

Clearly, according to Ricky's excellent and heart-warming tale, Hereford United are still exactly that whatever the new name.

If it comes down to liquidation, a phoenix club, 9th tier or whatever, I'll know it's still Blackburn Rovers because my dad, my kids and my friends will be sat next to me watching the football, supporting the team. Just like we've always done.

Not even Venky's can take that away.

Good to hear this story. AFC Wimbledon and, of course, Accrington Stanley are two clubs with similar tales and fingers crossed that Stanley get over the line in the final two games and win that much deserved promotion. My main memory of Hereford is that 6-3 defeat at Edgar Street during the Third Division Championship winning season under Gordon Lee. It was totally out of the blue and inexplicable at the time.

I was at Stanleys first game after they reformed, followed them home and away as a kid, until my parents deemed me a big enough boy to go all the way to Blackburn alone. I lived but 2 minutes walk from the Crown. Perhaps I need to re-aquaint myself amd follow Stanley.

As harsh as it is the only real way to get shut of Venkys is to take the club away from them but for it to be Blackburn Rovers the present one would have to go bust first. The fans can make that happen but it's a hell of a gamble, how many in Blackburn with their spoon fed, happy clappy, fickle nature would actually back this type of thing I wonder ?

The fans actually have the power to do this but knowing Venkys they'd let Rovers play in front of a completely empty stadium for years first just out of spite.

I don't want BRFC to go bust I want Venkys to go bust first.

The club is the fans, past and present. It's our history, our memories.

Liquidation doesn't mean the end of Blackburn Rovers so long as the supporters stick with the new club. We take the 140 years with us.

If it comes down to liquidation, a phoenix club, 9th tier or whatever, I'll know it's still Blackburn Rovers because my dad, my kids and my friends will be sat next to me watching the football, supporting the team. Just like we've always done.

This. Sums everything up in a few sentences. Let's all rally round this feeling and fook Venkys!!!

Excellent post, Ricky. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

If Hereford can do it with their fanbase, Rovers should be able to do it with our 4-5000 hardcore.

I wonder if Seneca would support a club in the 9th tier?

I can't imagine our fans being united over anything, sadly. Even things such as the iconic badge. I love the Rovers badge but would be prepared to go back to the pre-86 rose as the club badge. I'm sure others would not. We would have to keep our blue and white halves.

I doubt that we could lease Ewood Park though and at best it would be a ground share.

Why have we been reduced to this...ground share? Change the Badge?

We are a proud old club with a magnificent history...I'm fookin fuming at what is going on!!!!! :angry:

Season ticket for another club? I respect your view Ricky but sorry,It's Rovers or nothing for me.

We are in the championship, got the worse owners ever, losing money each year, awful squad and dwindling support.

However that being said we are a long way of having to form a new club.

Id rather fight for the one which has run through my blood from birth, the one which represents the town of my birth, the one which has been passed down through generation after generation.

This is one serious mess but not one that is inpossible , the possible is possible if enough believe and enough pro-actively express those beliefs.

There is still other clubs out there who would give their left arm to swap places with rovers

Yes we are hurting, yes apathy has set in, yes its slow but a painful decline, yes we have been wronged from every angle, however one thing we must never do is give up or been seen to be giving up.

Rovers Til I Die always

I don't think most of us are giving up, but how do we fight an invisible enemy? You tried and got very little for the effort you put in apart from a lot of agro from sections of our fan base and beyond. If we could see a way to fight that was legal and effective most of us would

Archived