BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Phoenix From The Flames

I don't think most of us are giving up, but how do we fight an invisible enemy? You tried and got very little for the effort you put in apart from a lot of agro from sections of our fan base and beyond. If we could see a way to fight that was legal and effective most of us would

Stopping the in-fighting would be the 1st action. If we had a common goal we could get a result

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not going to happen until it's too late and venkys do something so monumentally bad that nobody can ignore it. I signed an online petition the other day and commented that I'd done it even though it was probably pointlessas what we really needed was to get rid of venkys. I got abuse because we need them and their money.

Not going to happen until it's too late and venkys do something so monumentally bad that nobody can ignore it. I signed an online petition the other day and commented that I'd done it even though it was probably pointlessas what we really needed was to get rid of venkys. I got abuse because we need them and their money.

To many people with Stockholm Syndrome gumboots

Yes well we know the club could be reformed if put out of business. Hardly highlighting anything we don't know already.

You remind me of my ex wife. Great post Ricky. a happy story much needed. There's always hope and that's all most are clinging to. We all hope it never comes to this but it does highlight how the heart and soul has been ripped out the club. The fact Herefords Phoenix club had more supporters in the ninth tier shows how fans from all clubs in all leagues are getting fed up with modern football being turned into a business first and a football club second. I will support rovers til the for I die and I would support a Phoenix rovers should the worst happen. I do worry however after the novelty and excitement of reforming rovers had worn off and rovers were getting beat at daisy hill whilst getting drowned at a ground without stands would the fans still turn out in the thousands. Let's hope this scenario never happens and we can get rid of the scum without liquidation and we can move forward with some renewed optimism

On a similar note to what Ricky has made, I speak regularly to a guy at work who is a supporter of Darlington 1883 (a phoenix club formed after Darlington F.C went bust a few years back). I've been following the results of them for a few months since first speaking to him and they are celebrating their 3rd promotion in 4 years and will be in the Conference North next year.

He raised a few interesting points with me this week. He's said that the feeling he has supporting this "phoenix club" is the same feeling he had when he was a kid and supporting the original Darlington F.C. He thinks that this is because the fans feel that this is their club. He said that he never thought he would enjoy it as much as he has but going to small grounds and meeting fans of similar sized clubs has been brilliant

He knows our situation as he has family around Chorley and said that he's always had a soft spot for us. I was telling him how disillisioned I was and he said that he hopes it doesn't come down to it but he's never enjoyed football more.

Obviously, I hope it doesn't come down to that either but another feel-good story about a club rising from the ashes.

Does anyone know why that was? Apart from being a farce, the rules are the rules. Or is the bottom of their pro league effectively the same level as our tier 9?

Why that was is because the SFA have always bent over backwards to allow them to break the rules off the field and cheat their way to trophies on it. They're corrupt from top to bottom.

They even allow them to peddle the myth that they're actually the same club post liquidation. At least Hereford have some dignity and recognise that they're a phoenix club.

I hope Rovers never have to do the same.

Anyone seen the trailer for the new TVcomedy series about a struggling,dysfunctional non league football club?

It's called 'ROVERS' .... I kid you not.Could not have been worse timed for fans of this club.

Uhmm on sky,

wonder in one episode if there will a be knight in shinning armour from Barnet coming along with a Brunei prince and friends and a Swiss accountant promising European football and riches galore to a bunch of idiots who are looking to buy a football club

Blackburn Rovers would cease to be and a NewCo (e.g. Blackburn Rovers 2016 FC or AFC Blackburn Rovers) would start. New strip, new badge, likely new ground (or ground share). I wonder if this would be supported by them?

We'd also start on the same number of Premier League title wins as Liverpool.

I know some aren't interested at all but here's some interesting stats. The attendance one is interesting as its higher than quite a few league clubs have managed over the season.

http://m.herefordtimes.com/sport/14464689.STATS__Hereford_FC_s_title_triumph_in_numbers/

Apologies if I've upset anyone with the thread, I know Vinjay really didn't like it and it wasn't written to cause offence. It was more of a positive look st the absolute worse case scenario.

I know some aren't interested at all but here's some interesting stats. The attendance one is interesting as its higher than quite a few league clubs have managed over the season.

http://m.herefordtimes.com/sport/14464689.STATS__Hereford_FC_s_title_triumph_in_numbers/

Apologies if I've upset anyone with the thread, I know Vinjay really didn't like it and it wasn't written to cause offence. It was more of a positive look st the absolute worse case scenario.

Thanks for posting Ricky. Nice to hear Hereford are on the up. 1000 away fans at a ground with 37 on the week before. Brilliant.

I also miss that feeling. The one were you belong. The one were you become so attached you stop thinking rationally absorbed with emotion. Like a fan all over again.

Nothing lasts forever.

No need to apologise. I think the vast majority of posters/readers have found it interesting.

I have a soft spot for Hereford as I made my Football League refereeing debut there and subsequently refereed several more matches. Graham Turner was the manager and was a gentleman who knew the game. The people behind the scenes were all friendly and the club was one of the more hospitable ones.

I wish the club well.

No need to apologise. I think the vast majority of posters/readers have found it interesting.

I have a soft spot for Hereford as I made my Football League refereeing debut there and subsequently refereed several more matches. Graham Turner was the manager and was a gentleman who knew the game. The people behind the scenes were all friendly and the club was one of the more hospitable ones.

I wish the club well.

Morning arbitro. I've seen you mention refereeing before. Did you ever take charge of the Rovers or was that not allowed? How many pro-games have you been in charge of? I think you could start an interesting thread from the refs viewpoint.

Morning arbitro. I've seen you mention refereeing before. Did you ever take charge of the Rovers or was that not allowed? How many pro-games have you been in charge of? I think you could start an interesting thread from the refs viewpoint.

I was involved in around 500 games at Football and Premier League level and UEFA as either referee, linesman or fourth official. Geography and allegiance meant I couldn't officiate at Ewood in proper games although I did pre season and testimonial games.

I was involved in around 500 games at Football and Premier League level and UEFA as either referee, linesman or fourth official. Geography and allegiance meant I couldn't officiate at Ewood in proper games although I did pre season and testimonial games.

BOOOOOOOOO.

Sorry, it's second nature.

Brilliant. Bet you've a few stories to tell. Biggest moaner on the field? Hardest manager to deal with? Most exciting game? Controversial incidents or awards? No problem if it's not for public domain.

I've been trying to convince my lad to become a referee.

We have a couple of you young local lads doing well at the minute in the refereeing world. One lives in Leyland and the other in Blackburn. The one who lives in Blackburn was fourth official at Turf Moor not that long ago and got soundly booed when his name and town were read out. He shared the story with me and was quite proud about it. He is a big Rovers fan too.

Archived