BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Royals At Ewood This Saturday 7Th May 12.30 Ko

From the outside looking in VLL owns and presumably funds BRFC then VLL is owned by VH according to companies house. All seems linked to the main business hence people think of accounting benefits of it all.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't shout or swear or call venkys or anyone else names either but nobody accuses me of being a Venky's lover or of being in any way their apologist. They know I'm very definitely concerned because I don't go looking for the positive side of their actions all the time. I realise that there really is no positive to their ownership and I want them gone, whatever the cost.

I don't actually look for the positive side of their actions all the time - and as I said my mails are actually more on the fence than anything.

Though I think Punerover has pointed out a limited positive - that the debt is mainly against their assets rather than Rovers.

The whatever the cost aspect is probably where you and I differ at this moment in time.

Funny you say I should be a politician - as you have a style that for some reason reminds me of Jeremy Hunt. :tu:

Funny you say that because you have a style that rhymes with hunt.

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/shareholders-message-to-supporters-end-of-2015-16-season-3104392.aspx

The foreign owners of our opponents appear to have the hang of it. Why Venkys are incapable of doing the same is anyone's guess. I'd certainly feel a lot better about things if the above appeared on Rovers website later today.

A few interesting points:

• After 2 years of ownership 'we are still learning. Our ambitions remain the same but we are still trying to understand how best to achieve those ambitions' - fair enough.
  • 'We have watched and paid close attention to each and every match this season and, although we cannot be at Madejski Stadium every week or travelling up and down the country to see every single game in person'
  • 'We have to build from within now and this summer will be an important one' - e.g. don't expect fortunes to be spent and we'll look at developing our own players - surely similar to our situation
Foreign owners who accept they have made mistakes and are still learning but have re-affirmed their commitment whilst not promising the earth. Watch and learn Venkys.

After 5 and a half years our club still doesn't have an infrastructure and it never will have. They just want to play with it from India if and when they can be bothered.

I wish everyone would just unite and help squeeze them out for good. Yes it would be tough and there'd be rough consequences but so what, once it's done it's done. The clubs in a complete vacuum and unless it gets sucked out one way or another it'll stay there maybe for next ten years.

Enough is enough.

I don't actually look for the positive side of their actions all the time - and as I said my mails are actually more on the fence than anything.

Exactly-----on the fence!The damage done by Venkys seems pretty clear to me. Same goes for the future so long as they remain.

Get off the fence! Stop finding excuses for them. Stop trying to find positives when there aren't any.

Technically BOI is funding the club against mortgage of Venky's personal assets. So even if the Venky's default on the loan, the bank will simply recover the money by selling those assets. Personal being the keyword and that is why Venky's shareholders are not too concerned yet in my opinion. BRFC is nothing more than the RAO's pet project unfortunately. What would be interesting to know is what exactly are the "Personal assets" or security that is being provided for the bank loan and the valuation of the same. If we come to know that the value of those assets is nowhere close to the amount of the bank pouring in, now that would be some interesting news for the Shareholders. :)

Do the shareholders know the extent of the damage to the Venkys brand name?

Stop finding excuses for them. Stop trying to find positives when there aren't any.

Pointing out to Athlete that it is their own wealth, whether it's cash or money borrowed against assets is not finding positives or excuses for them.

It's just being a little bit more mature in thought process - as opposed to the simple "eff off Venkys". I think should be encouraged here, whilst it's understandable that people will vent at current affairs.

The scenario is not, and has never been as simple as in or out. As Punerover points out, it would be interesting to know what assets are secured against us - I believe phillipl or someone pointed out how the BOI doesn't lend money on foreign assets.

I'm mightily skeptikal of a future with the Raos but we've still got to consider outcomes beyond just getting rid of them. I know many would give their right arm to see the back of them but what if we end up with another dodgy owner?

It's got to be considered. If that's making excuses for the Raos, I'd look up the definition of the word!

I think that's the point of Kamys letter.

I don't think you can get any dodgier than what we've got.

I dunno, whilst ours are absolutely appalling I'm pretty sure there are around 10 other clubs with just as appalling owners. We don't know or care about the minutae about the ills at their clubs as they do not at ours and this is why the problem with poor ownership continues to exist. There is no joined up approach in lobbying MP's, the FA etc to tackle the problem.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1367286/Racing-Santander-owner-Ahsan-Ali-Syed-spotlight--Pete-Jenson.html

I know it seems ridiculous but the Fit and proper owners test stopped this guy from buying us.

Did it? I don't think it got that far. Somebody tipped radio 5 off ( bet there was a sweaty brow in North London that thought somebody was going to spoil the money making scam and get in before him and his buddies) and they ran a story on Syed when he was supposedly in the early stages of potentially buying us, then he seemed to disappear for a while then resurfaced at Racing Santander.

Do find it quite interesting that radio 5 did not seem interested in doing the same kind of research/digging on our eventual owners and their project partners.

As it turned out it would probably have been a quicker turnover to his ownership and more chance of somebody salvaging the situation rather than the slow lingering death that we are undergoing thanks to the V's and just like family members and friends in Brunei and Zurich.

The FA's fit and proper test is only there to ensure they don't allow fraudsters, paedophiles and war criminals own clubs. Its actually very hard for them to turn someone down on the basis that they may turn out to be completely inept. Providing they show they have access to financial resource then that's good enough. I think the FA would be on a very sticky wicket with international business law if they started to objectively decide who they thought was fit or not.

It's the selling clubs duty to carry out due diligence not the FA or PL/FL. I'm not willing to state on an open forum whether I believe our trustees to have carried out due diligence effectively but I think we're all of the same opinion.

Did it? I don't think it got that far. Somebody tipped radio 5 off ( bet there was a sweaty brow in North London that thought somebody was going to spoil the money making scam and get in before him and his buddies) and they ran a story on Syed when he was supposedly in the early stages of potentially buying us, then he seemed to disappear for a while then resurfaced at Racing Santander.

Do find it quite interesting that radio 5 did not seem interested in doing the same kind of research/digging on our eventual owners and their project partners.

As it turned out it would probably have been a quicker turnover to his ownership and more chance of somebody salvaging the situation rather than the slow lingering death that we are undergoing thanks to the V's and just like family members and friends in Brunei and Zurich.

I suppose that's one way of looking at it but there's nothing stopping the next set of charlatans getting hold of the club!

I suppose that's one way of looking at it but there's nothing stopping the next set of charlatans getting hold of the club!

That's true, Just got to cling on to the hope that with very little left in the club to asset strip and any new owner will no doubt have to drop 30 to 50 Million to pry the club from the loons hands once they eventually got inside Pune Towers, they might just be interested in making the club successful and getting back on the PL gravy train and getting their money back that way.

Maybe just maybe there's somebody sat amongst the camels and sand dunes watching Leicester's success and thinking I want some of that. Not much needs to be spent on facilities at Rovers, so anybody with cash to burn might see the potential over two to three years.

I dunno, whilst ours are absolutely appalling I'm pretty sure there are around 10 other clubs with just as appalling owners. We don't know or care about the minutae about the ills at their clubs as they do not at ours and this is why the problem with poor ownership continues to exist. There is no joined up approach in lobbying MP's, the FA etc to tackle the problem.

I wouldn't say any of those are dodgier, maybe just as dodgy or a different kind of dodgy.

So that damaged brand almost doubled their revenue from 8607 million Rupees in 2011 to 17642 million Rupees in 2015. If thats called a damaged brand, I fear to know what a good brand is called. Unless ofcourse you are saying they could have tripled / quadrupled that money :)

So that damaged brand almost doubled their revenue from 8607 million Rupees in 2011 to 17642 million Rupees in 2015. If thats called a damaged brand, I fear to know what a good brand is called. Unless ofcourse you are saying they could have tripled / quadrupled that money :)

Damaged from a UK perspective anyway.

Damaged from a UK perspective anyway.

Relegation probably ruined their plans of expanding over here so I doubt they give it a second thought about brand damage in England as they've no noticeable brand over here now.

Over in India it won't matter either because hardly anyone will be interested in BRFC nor know their involvement. Maybe just maybe that's another reason why they never speak over here, not wanting to draw attention to themselves in case it gets picked up on back home. Could explain the constant wall of silence.

Relegation probably ruined their plans of expanding over here so I doubt they give it a second thought about brand damage in England as they've no noticeable brand over here now.

Over in India it won't matter either because hardly anyone will be interested in BRFC nor know their involvement. Maybe just maybe that's another reason why they never speak over here, not wanting to draw attention to themselves in case it gets picked up on back home. Could explain the constant wall of silence.

It would be interesting to know how many VenkyXpress restaurants they have opened in the last few years.

Anyone have any idea ?

It would be interesting to know how many VenkyXpress restaurants they have opened in the last few years.

Anyone have any idea ?

They were supposed to be opening quite a few in various places I seem to remember also the new vaccination plant. That got shelved, funnily enough not long after we went down lol don't know if they ended up doing it though.

They were supposed to be opening quite a few in various places I seem to remember also the new vaccination plant. That got shelved, funnily enough not long after we went down lol don't know if they ended up doing it though.

When I looked a few years ago, they appeared to have a handful of outlets in India, about 12 months later nothing seemed to have changed.

Archived