BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Royals At Ewood This Saturday 7Th May 12.30 Ko

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also earns us some cash doesn't it. Well done Boro. He was on the bench though, behind Nugent in the pecking order.

Feeling it might quickly pass through our accounts like a bad curry from a dodgy shop in mumbai with an illegal bookies at the back

His one and only attribute is running around. The worst thing is he may be one of the better players at the club next season.

He's not a natural footballer. I was just thinking about Simon Barker the other day , now he was a natural footballer. He always knew how to turn away from trouble and into space.

Also earns us some cash doesn't it. Well done Boro. He was on the bench though, behind Nugent in the pecking order.

Only brought on at 80 mins, very strange to pay £9m plus for a player start him on the bench so often.

Maybe it was Gibson who wanted him so badly, not the manager, who knows if they'd have started him in every game

they might have been promoted before today ?

He's not a natural footballer. I was just thinking about Simon Barker the other day , now he was a natural footballer. He always knew how to turn away from trouble and into space.

Think he falls into athlete first footballer second category.

Feeling it might quickly pass through our accounts like a bad curry from a dodgy shop in mumbai with an illegal bookies at the back

It's probably structured anyway, a few quid for going up, a few quid first appearance, few more first goal then the balance after 30 apps or something. It'll disappear for sure.

To be fair abbey i stayed seated as i thoughf it was the usual burnley chant and i couldnt be bothered

I didn't even hear the chant. Didn't see any shaking of heads when Venkys out was chanted though.

Pink Elephants and Lemonade...hardly a protest in sight.

Did you not look towards the DE? It's about as close as we are going to get. Especially when you have other fans ready to shout them down. Some fans are enjoying the misery.

Not sure what you were expecting though. I've not seen a police presence like that since the height of the Kean-hate era. Quite pathetic really. Is there no proper crime going on today?

Did you not look towards the DE? It's about as close as we are going to get. Especially when you have other fans ready to shout them down. Some fans are enjoying the misery.

Not sure what you were expecting though. I've not seen a police presence like that since the height of the Kean-hate era. Quite pathetic really. Is there no proper crime going on today?

The police were a bit over the top considering how peaceful the game was.

I enjoyed the game and if they had waited until after today's game to announce goal of the season I think Bennett would have won it. Hanley outstanding again with Duffy and Graham not far behind him. A clean sheet would have been nice but winning is the name of the game.

This summer could be one of the most pivotal in our recent history.

• Backroom

No Lambert at the end. Expected him to at least give the fans a clap before getting on his bike to Glasgow.

He was stood on the touch line and did an interview with Yardley and thanked the fans

Missed it. Woke up with 20 mins of the match to go. Ho hum.

No win in six under Lambert, he announces he's leaving and we win 2 out of 2. Must tell you something.

I know, disappointing to win isn't it Rev.

Enjoyed the game today. Strange feeling at the end of the game. Hard to describe it really. Part felt like we'd been relegated, part in appreciation of the players efforts, part felt as though the club was falling apart.

As for anger? Well not really. No one there to get angry at. More sadness, dismay and worry at what the squad will look like come the beginning of next season. Cheston needs to treat this situation with the greatest urgency - never mind there being no rush.

Good to see a couple of thousand stay behind at the end - players looked very subdued, perhaps rightly so. Plenty of Venkys out chants, DE were superb throughout - I joined in when the BE started.

The rudderless ship now sails into the summer, probably only to be becalmed somewhere along the line.

If their rep was there, I hope he reports back the truth. Doubt it though.

Enjoyed what may well be my last game for some time😒

Enjoyed the game today. Strange feeling at the end of the game. Hard to describe it really. Part felt like we'd been relegated, part in appreciation of the players efforts, part felt as though the club was falling apart.

As for anger? Well not really. No one there to get angry at. More sadness, dismay and worry at what the squad will look like come the beginning of next season. Cheston needs to treat this situation with the greatest urgency - never mind there being no rush.

Without your barb at Rev, this is spot on.

Very surreal feeling at the end. I was left wondering - what will next season even look like? We need a manager immediately because we need some new players pronto.

There is a very good chance that we are going to see a repeat of the situation that Blackpool had. You have to wonder if Venkys actually want is to be relegated. Presumably players contracts have relegation clauses or they leave. It does make you wonder.

I know, disappointing to win isn't it Rev.

Exactly that den, I've never known a 'lap of honour' quite like it.

The We are the Rovers Facebook page posted the final game of the 05/06 season this morning- Rovers 2 City 0, we were celebrating UEFA Cup qualification, John Williams was presenting Craig Bellamy with the player of the year trophy.

As they shuffled round I thought back to Tugay's final game, what a day of colour, fun, fancy dress, visiting Gala fans, what a club, what pride! Then I was back in the present and it just looked pitiful, I mostly felt sorry for the kids at the front, what will be left for them?

Summed it up. No one to get angry at, any angry chants seemed like it was at a brick wall. Not enough fans there to really make an impact anyway.

A lot of kids were there who haven't a clue what's happened to the club, a lot of elderly folks who will never protest and won't be around forever to keep supporting the club and a lot of people who just went for the day out.

It's a very strange situation, the club dying and losing a stupid amount of money per month yet the owners don't care, they don't turn up. And a lot of people, staff, even fans just don't see a problem with it.

It seems to be being met with the same kind of attitude as a pub closing that was once popular in the 80's.

Craig Conway little 'un star at the end.

He was ace.

Without your barb at Rev, this is spot on.

:) revs a big lad.

I have a lot of good friends who I disagree strongly with on certain subjects, - doesn't mean that I dislike 'em personally.

Archived