BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Royals At Ewood This Saturday 7Th May 12.30 Ko

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Den. I am. Do you remember me? I met you in Manchester during the rained off test match at Old Trafford years ago.

I remember saying hello Al. The Bishops Blaize (weather spoons) was it?

So do I Den. It would leave a big empty hole in my life. It's been hard enough having to give up golf (due to illness). Giving up Rovers would cap it all even though I now have difficulty getting to my seat and depend on a good friend dropping me right at the ground and picking me up after the game. (we have a special permit.)

Stick at it mate I found it torture not being there today even though it's torture when I am. Just trying to work out which will be the lesser of the two evils :lol:

??? Not at all den.

As you rightly point out, the squad for next season must be the worst in living memory, A large part of the responsibility for that must lie with Lambert.[/quote

How do you work that out

Good stuff from the de today. I was in the riverside and we joined in the venkys out. Did not hear the stand up you hate venkys.

my little lad tried to start we want venkys out to the amusement of all around. Good set of lungs on him.

considering the riverside is normally mute we did Ok.

Where we you sat - from my perspective in the Riverside not many joined in with the chants - you could see pockets mainly DE - and top corner of BE lower tier - but other than that (from where I could see and hear) it didn't really get going and seemed pretty sporadic

On the whole the stadium was subdued - with many possibly wondered what comes next and which of the players on the pitch will be here next season. Unlike Blackpool where the fans have a focus for their anger - our absent and silent owners don't give a proper focal point for protests in the stadium.

I think for all those calling the "Rovers Fans" - you have to remember that not everyone trawls message boards like this, or is party to the rumour mill going around the club. If this dossier ever makes the light of day - it may change people's minds.

For the first time I find myself agreeing with you there. In the second half there was a few moments of chanting that got loud though all around the ground. In the first it was sporadic and didn't really get going. After each goal there was a chant of Venky's out as well.

Good stuff from the de today. I was in the riverside and we joined in the venkys out. Did not hear the stand up you hate venkys.

I was in the Riverside and didn't hear it too which is why everyone will have stayed on their seats. Nothing to do with any disagreeing of any kind.

• Backroom

Felt a bit emotional at the end.

I had no desire to stay behind but I found myself stood there with Arlo not being able to bring myself to leave, felt very poignant and final.

There was a sense of togetherness I felt among the dread.

We too stayed. We meant to go but our feet didn't move. There is still so much that could be good and it's all being thrown away.

I was planning on leaving early but we ended up going down to the front. The lap of dishonour was pretty poor really. The only highlight being the very young children scoring in the BBE goal.

With all of the players leaving and the manager being 'presently absent' it felt like the end of an era.

I'm really not sure what to expect next season - assuming we renew - because there doesn't seem to be much of a club to be a part of.

Looking through the match program I'm struggling to find a message from the owners thanking the fans for their support this season and some reassurance for next season.

I knew there wouldn't be any but there should be. They just can't be ar$ed.

Felt a bit emotional at the end.

I had no desire to stay behind but I found myself stood there with Arlo not being able to bring myself to leave, felt very poignant and final.

There was a sense of togetherness I felt among the dread.

Exactly the same sentiments here Tom. I had no intention of staying but my lad insisted. I'm glad I did. Cause despite all the crap that surrounds our football club there is still a lot of love for it.

RTID.

Well, what a strange day it was at Ewood yesterday...

shutters down on the fanzone bar? nice start to the final day of the season...

all around the ground and inside as we entered I couldn't help but feel the fans really have had enough now, have heard the statement "its like going to the funeral of a friend" about our club and that was a pretty accurate account of yesterday...

I was expecting a lot more anger, vocal demonstration against the owners but it just didn't materialise.

I was in the BBE and moved from my usual seat to be with another mate and some other vocal fans and we were pretty much the only ones with plenty of "Venkys out" chants throughout the game, less than 20 of us perhaps?

Darwen end did a bit with their banners etc but again, small scale stuff.

Perhaps I was expecting too much? Just felt like we have definitely given up...

Good to get the win but wonder how many of the current squad will remain?

Stayed after full time more out of curiosity as to whether anything would develop from a "Venkys out" perspective but again, nothing much.

Couldn't hear anything Lambert said on the mic, not that I was arsed as its all departing comments anyway when we need to look to the future now.

Players strolled around the pitch more out of requirement rather than wanting to thank the fans, felt like they too have had enough.

Sad day at Ewood for me, possibly my last game in a while :(

Don't be so harsh on yourself - I am sure there have been other times you have been right as well - lol

You still haven't answered my question. How many times have you been right about Venkys?

Well, what a strange day it was at Ewood yesterday...

shutters down on the fanzone bar? nice start to the final day of the season...

all around the ground and inside as we entered I couldn't help but feel the fans really have had enough now, have heard the statement "its like going to the funeral of a friend" about our club and that was a pretty accurate account of yesterday...

I was expecting a lot more anger, vocal demonstration against the owners but it just didn't materialise.

I was in the BBE and moved from my usual seat to be with another mate and some other vocal fans and we were pretty much the only ones with plenty of "Venkys out" chants throughout the game, less than 20 of us perhaps?

Darwen end did a bit with their banners etc but again, small scale stuff.

Perhaps I was expecting too much? Just felt like we have definitely given up...

Good to get the win but wonder how many of the current squad will remain?

Stayed after full time more out of curiosity as to whether anything would develop from a "Venkys out" perspective but again, nothing much.

Couldn't hear anything Lambert said on the mic, not that I was arsed as its all departing comments anyway when we need to look to the future now.

Players strolled around the pitch more out of requirement rather than wanting to thank the fans, felt like they too have had enough.

Sad day at Ewood for me, possibly my last game in a while :(

The acoustics must be awful where you were sat. The Venkys Out chants - whilst hardly venomous - were regularly ringing out around the ground. Talk of 20 people is cobblers I'm afraid, and is akin to Kean saying it was only 1% of the fanbase who wanted him out.

Rest of your post talks a lot of sense.

The acoustics must be awful where you were sat. The Venkys Out chants - whilst hardly venomous - were regularly ringing out around the ground. Talk of 20 people is cobblers I'm afraid, and is akin to Kean saying it was only 1% of the fanbase who wanted him out.

venkys out was loud and clear to me. Remember a lot of people don't sing but they did clap along, the message was there sadly it will be ignored.

Yeah it got quite loud a couple of times in the second half but sadly short lived.

Regularly ringing out around the ground? and you say my comment is cobblers? :tu:

There were occasions where a few more people joined in (after each goal if I remember rightly) but Im sorry it was lame from the vast majority and just added to my thoughts about how people have given up...

Difference in opinion I guess, but thats what a message board is about.

Regularly ringing out around the ground? and you say my comment is cobblers? :tu:

There were occasions where a few more people joined in (after each goal if I remember rightly) but Im sorry it was lame from the vast majority and just added to my thoughts about how people have given up...

Difference in opinion I guess, but thats what a message board is about.

How is it a difference of opinion? It's a fact. I'm afraid you are mistaken on this one.

The chants "We Want Venkys Out" were from all around the ground on many occasions - certainly not limited to 20 blokes in the BBE. The DE was particularly loud in fact. If you couldn't hear it, it doesn't change the fact that it happened.

Out of interest, what were you expecting?

Archived