BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Royals At Ewood This Saturday 7Th May 12.30 Ko

As they shuffled round I thought back to Tugay's final game, what a day of colour, fun, fancy dress, visiting Gala fans, what a club, what pride! Then I was back in the present and it just looked pitiful, I mostly felt sorry for the kids at the front, what will be left for them?

I thought of the Wigan game when we were relegated and how much vitriol was directed at the owners and manager. The pure passion and anger from the fans at what had happened to the club. A few years later and it's not even a whimper.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, disappointing to win isn't it Rev.

Enjoyed the game today. Strange feeling at the end of the game. Hard to describe it really. Part felt like we'd been relegated, part in appreciation of the players efforts, part felt as though the club was falling apart.

As for anger? Well not really. No one there to get angry at. More sadness, dismay and worry at what the squad will look like come the beginning of next season. Cheston needs to treat this situation with the greatest urgency - never mind there being no rush.

??? Not at all den.

As you rightly point out, the squad for next season must be the worst in living memory, A large part of the responsibility for that must lie with Lambert.

??? Not at all den.

As you rightly point out, the squad for next season must be the worst in living memory, A large part of the responsibility for that must lie with Lambert.

Lie with Lambert how exactly? He's only been here two minutes.

??? Not at all den.

What do you think Lambert could have done differently with no backing ?

Exactly that den, I've never known a 'lap of honour' quite like it.

The We are the Rovers Facebook page posted the final game of the 05/06 season this morning- Rovers 2 City 0, we were celebrating UEFA Cup qualification, John Williams was presenting Craig Bellamy with the player of the year trophy.

As they shuffled round I thought back to Tugay's final game, what a day of colour, fun, fancy dress, visiting Gala fans, what a club, what pride! Then I was back in the present and it just looked pitiful, I mostly felt sorry for the kids at the front, what will be left for them?

What a sobering post that is,the fall from grace is truly awful.

• Backroom

.......is that apart from the seven players he was allowed to sign?

For the most part he was only allowed to sign loans. I'd say it's a good thing he didn't lumber us with a load of utter tripe, as GB did last summer.

.......is that apart from the seven players he was allowed to sign?

You keep banging this drum.

How much was he allowed to spend in that January transfer window?

How much did Bowyer @#/? away in 4 transfer windows.

Really don't know why you were expecting him to change the entire mentality of the team in 5 months.

The fact that our two award winners this season were both central defenders - one of whom won because of the celebration - tells you everything about the team mentality.

Lambert needed the Summer. I presume you think Venkys were right not to back him and will bring in a better manager?

No win in six under Lambert, he announces he's leaving and we win 2 out of 2. Must tell you something.

Or - we were doing well and showing some promise (4 home wins in a row, decent away performances at Burnley, Boro etc) and then Lambert announces he's leaving (to his staff) and then results drop off?

Or - we were doing well and showing some promise (4 home wins in a row, decent away performances at Burnley, Boro etc) and then Lambert announces he's leaving (to his staff) and then results drop off?

Three red cards in three consecutive games followed by Watts season ending. Any manager would have struggled with that.

Agreed. If they weren't prepared to back him - which they didn't in January - then he should not have been signed. They've just wasted 6 months. They'll think nothing of wasting the next 3.

Exactly that den, I've never known a 'lap of honour' quite like it.

The We are the Rovers Facebook page posted the final game of the 05/06 season this morning- Rovers 2 City 0, we were celebrating UEFA Cup qualification, John Williams was presenting Craig Bellamy with the player of the year trophy.

This post made my eyes fill up.

Still got the Tugay mask, the mask that the Grandchildren always ask ' who is he?

Glad I went in the end. I enjoyed the game and the "Venky Out" chants but I had an empty feeling at the end that it might be my last match watching Rovers. I want to renew my season ticket but it has to depend upon what happens in the close season up to the deadline for reclaiming my seat.

Glad I went in the end. I enjoyed the game and the "Venky Out" chants but I had an empty feeling at the end that it might be my last match watching Rovers. I want to renew my season ticket but it has to depend upon what happens in the close season up to the deadline for reclaiming my seat.

For you Al, I hope it isn't the last match.

He's not a natural footballer. I was just thinking about Simon Barker the other day , now he was a natural footballer. He always knew how to turn away from trouble and into space.

Simon Barker had the turning circle of a big canal barge.................difference was he could play football

For you Al, I hope it isn't the last match.

So do I Den. It would leave a big empty hole in my life. It's been hard enough having to give up golf (due to illness). Giving up Rovers would cap it all even though I now have difficulty getting to my seat and depend on a good friend dropping me right at the ground and picking me up after the game. (we have a special permit.)

I wouldn't say half sat down shaking their heads at all from my position directly above although I wouldn't say everyone stood either

Majority joining in with Anti Venky chants

Where we you sat - from my perspective in the Riverside not many joined in with the chants - you could see pockets mainly DE - and top corner of BE lower tier - but other than that (from where I could see and hear) it didn't really get going and seemed pretty sporadic

On the whole the stadium was subdued - with many possibly wondered what comes next and which of the players on the pitch will be here next season. Unlike Blackpool where the fans have a focus for their anger - our absent and silent owners don't give a proper focal point for protests in the stadium.

I think for all those calling the "Rovers Fans" - you have to remember that not everyone trawls message boards like this, or is party to the rumour mill going around the club. If this dossier ever makes the light of day - it may change people's minds.

So do I Den. It would leave a big empty hole in my life. It's been hard enough having to give up golf (due to illness). Giving up Rovers would cap it all even though I now have difficulty getting to my seat and depend on a good friend dropping me right at the ground and picking me up after the game. (we have a special permit.)

For the number of years you've been going, I would say don't pack it in until you have to. You should be proud of your support.

I thought of the Wigan game when we were relegated and how much vitriol was directed at the owners and manager. The pure passion and anger from the fans at what had happened to the club. A few years later and it's not even a whimper.

Acute trauma caused by a common enemy in a public and peopled situation is a difficult condition for any individual to cope with. If there is not local support and I mean those closest to you in a crowed place it becomes impossible for a single individual to cope with.

The philosophy of divide of divide and conquer or some would say just wear down with attrition always wins.

That is why those @#/? from PUNE survive.

EDIT: I got closed again. The words were those ''C-UNTS from Pune''

Jason Lowe for me is the weakest of all our midfielders in the squad, just turned into danger and lost the ball.

Jason Lowe really is a marmite player - throughout the match Lowe's ball retention stats were very good - he made some extremely good interceptions and stopped at least one goal. He will never be maradona - but as some mention he is an athlete and continually passes and moves which makes room for other players. Anyone else notice how Lowe covered for Marshall when he made his surging runs from the back (thought Marshall was one of our best players prior to going off btw) - possibly not, but the one time he is caught in possession in it is mentioned - while other players similarly caught don't get a mention.

Why not mention Gomez - a player with more skill than Lowe - he strolled around the park like it was a training match and gave the ball to the opposition as much as he did his fellow players. Tracking back also seems an alien concept to him.

Unlike Blackpool where the fans have a focus for their anger - our absent and silent owners don't give a proper focal point for protests in the stadium.

Didn't stop thousands of Villa fans marching today, beach balls on the pitch disrupting proceedings

Didn't stop thousands of Charlton fans today protesting, stopping cars getting into exec car parks, they've also managed to persuade Energy drink brand Coco5 not to work with the club and their owners has been 4 times in 2yrs.

For the number of years you've been going, I would say don't pack it in until you have to. You should be proud of your support.

Thanks Den. I am. Do you remember me? I met you in Manchester during the rained off test match at Old Trafford years ago.

Didn't stop thousands of Villa fans marching today, beach balls on the pitch disrupting proceedings

Didn't stop thousands of Charlton fans today protesting, stopping cars getting into exec car parks, they've also managed to persuade Energy drink brand Coco5 not to work with the club and their owners has been 4 times in 2yrs.

GAV - where were you today?

Archived