BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys, Stay Or Go?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always knew the action group were bloody amateurs.

They also seem to really enjoy using the phrase 'smoking gun'. And after reading that I'm none the wiser if there is a 'smoking gun' or if there isn't a 'smoking gun'. And if there is a 'smoking gun' who's got it?

As its made it on here,

To cut a long story short,

As a few will verify the press in India are running an article RE rovers based on information which was given to the Action Group last year. They chose to ignore it, bury it or decide it was irrelevant.

I offered to help them with it but after months of waiting to see it , I was given the information by the same party who was very disappointed it had not been used.

Upon recieving it , I spoke to a few people i knew would have an impartial view on it.Each person who saw it agreed it needed to be made public due to the detailed content it had.

It was at that point the indian press decided they wanted to run a story with it. However not just any story, they wanted to search for more and put together a big piece. Due to them talking to a number of people who have added content , whilst them also having to contact all parties mentioned in the said information this has delayed this going to print.

Knowing this information was in supporter hands, a bit like the Steve Kean video, it very much frustrated me that it was deemed un-important as per Mark's statement tonight, which although not factually correct, its certainly a good way to pass the book and deny all knowledge of any information which was deemed at the time relevant to get an audience with the FA , Premier League and Parliament.

It was leaked out that this article was being done and stupidly i tried to answer questions regarding it before it snow-balled into another conspiracy.

Since then , The action group have been playing the whiter than white card with the people who travel with them and on their facebook page, calling me out at every opportunity to ask when this information is coming out, despite them not only having it themselves , but having had so since at least before Bristol City away last year. Placing a divide and generally not helping the situation.

As per above , I'm as eager as the next person to see the story, but i'm not writing it and if its taking longer , at least it will be better than a 50 word snippet.

Regarding Telegraph story, at no point is a smoking gun suggested, it merely states if the FA dont investigate then our own findings will be put out in the public domain, which over the last few years via social media many things have and continue to do so. Sadly word of mouth cannot be printed, or supported. . However anything of any substance has always been given to the press as per this latest development.

When this article finally comes out, you like other supporters will be the judge, jury and executioner of, if it is important ? But more so if it was right to make public. Given the Action Groups official stance , they think no.

As its made it on here,

To cut a long story short,

As a few will verify the press in India are running an article RE rovers based on information which was given to the Action Group last year. They chose to ignore it, bury it or decide it was irrelevant.

I offered to help them with it but after months of waiting to see it , I was given the information by the same party who was very disappointed it had not been used.

Upon recieving it , I spoke to a few people i knew would have an impartial view on it.Each person who saw it agreed it needed to be made public due to the detailed content it had.

It was at that point the indian press decided they wanted to run a story with it. However not just any story, they wanted to search for more and put together a big piece. Due to them talking to a number of people who have added content , whilst them also having to contact all parties mentioned in the said information this has delayed this going to print.

Knowing this information was in supporter hands, a bit like the Steve Kean video, it very much frustrated me that it was deemed un-important as per Mark's statement tonight, which although not factually correct, its certainly a good way to pass the book and deny all knowledge of any information which was deemed at the time relevant to get an audience with the FA , Premier League and Parliament.

It was leaked out that this article was being done and stupidly i tried to answer questions regarding it before it snow-balled into another conspiracy.

Since then , The action group have been playing the whiter than white card with the people who travel with them and on their facebook page, calling me out at every opportunity to ask when this information is coming out, despite them not only having it themselves , but having had so since at least before Bristol City away last year. Placing a divide and generally not helping the situation.

As per above , I'm as eager as the next person to see the story, but i'm not writing it and if its taking longer , at least it will be better than a 50 word snippet.

Regarding Telegraph story, at no point is a smoking gun suggested, it merely states if the FA dont investigate then our own findings will be put out in the public domain, which over the last few years via social media many things have and continue to do so. Sadly word of mouth cannot be printed, or supported. . However anything of any substance has always been given to the press as per this latest development.

When this article finally comes out, you like other supporters will be the judge, jury and executioner of, if it is important ? But more so if it was right to make public. Given the Action Groups official stance , they think no.

Don't think anyone (apart from the parties concerned) is in the least bit bothered either way about an in house squabble between you and your former colleagues at the Action Group.

To summarise, is there actually a story appearing in the Indian Press about Venky's or not? It would tie in with a rumour I'd heard from a separate source but of course that doesn't mean to say it's any more likely to be true, it might be the same false rumour flying round.

Right, just to clear things up

Over the last few years the group has spoken to enough people to build a story of what has happened at this club since the takeover, a story which if i told you and Glen told you would be identical.

Can i prove it? no, because the story has been put together by people who refuse to talk or whom have signed agreements not to talk.

Glen promised a national story on the 27th April, 15 days later we are all still waiting, however its been revealed last night that the group has the same "evidence"

what is it, you all want to know? well, it has already been reported and it is a letter that is 4 years old.....

http://www.regoftherovers.co.uk/index.php/385-are-venky-s-preparing-to-sue-jerome-anderson

the letter is full of accusations, however it has been ran through solicitors, governing bodies and they all maintain it is not enough to prove any wrong doing.

this letter was passed by a well known journalist, whose paper paid £25,000 for the documents, however they could not get it to print for legal reasons.

the group was passed this in December, and rather than follow Glens tactic of promising to release it "within 48 hours", we took it to parliament and to the football authorities, the outcome of this is still to be seen, with correspondence as late as Monday being received by the Football Association.

I haven't promised to release this, unlike Glen.....who so far hasn't committed to this promise.

However, i am committed to the supporters of this club and i shall discuss this, openly and transparently with any supporter, without question.

People must understand why this cannot be done via the public domain, hence why it hasn't been done already.

Making promises to supporters that cannot or will not be followed up, or getting ourselves on the front page of the paper like the article below, is not the way the BRFC Action Group works since i became chairman, despite what happened before..... if we have something to release, then we will release it. If people wish to discuss anything with the group, then we will not hide it away.

However as to date, the documentation discussed by Glen, is what has been put in the public domain already, in the article above.....its not a secret, and we will not get supporters hopes up, with false promises like others have chosen to do.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10337924.Investigate_or_we_ll_publish_Blackburn_Rovers_findings__warns_Mullan/?ref=rss

Is the big point in this document not being missed?

Venky's have publicly stated and also via the club to the FA that there was no contract between themselves and Kentaro regarding the management of the club and they were just one of a number of advisor's .

Can not really see Solicitors squabbling over payments and terms of a contract when it does not exist, can you?

• Backroom

Mark, if Glen made his promise to release the dossier while in position with the Action Group, then the responsibility for its release lies with the Group, not the individual, imo. Especially if he remained with the group for several months after making the statement.

Is the big point in this document not being missed?

Venky's have publicly stated and also via the club to the FA that there was no contract between themselves and Kentaro regarding the management of the club and they were just one of a number of advisor's .

Can not really see Solicitors squabbling over payments and terms of a contract when it does not exist, can you?

I think the big point is that Venkys now that they realise they were duped, what are they going to do about it to redeem themselves?

Suing Anderson, if they do and win, might help them in some way but will have no effect on the fortunes of Rovers, for whom they, and they alone are responsible, either directly or by neglect or both.

• Backroom

So is there likely to be a story appearing soon in both the Indian and British press or not?

Considering all the hype being built up around it.... probably not.

Reg of the Rovers is right about the Lancs Telegraph, apart from the actual match reports it's a completely pointless rag in regards to Rovers. Not blaming Wheelock, far from it he's just a modern day reporter following his remit. Reporting what's already known and been said or happened.

At least Cryer was prepared to upset a few though.

Didn't know where to put this, from Mark Fish on BRAGs Facebook.

Right. Time to lay the cards out as chairman of the BRFC Action Group.

We have spoken to many people in recent years. Former and current employees of Blackburn Rovers. People involved who overheard conversations relating to the takeover and contracts regarding managers and directors. A lot of the information is word of mouth..hear say.

Those very people have signed an NDA (Non disclosure agreements) preventing them from talking.

Three years ago last month the then chairman of the group, Glen, decided to issue a threat on the front page of the local newspaper threatening to bring the house down and release everything. This was done during a conversation with Chris Flanagan (then reporter of rovers for the telegraph), it was done without knowledge of the committee and cause issues.

The group unforunately has no smoking gun. Has never promised to have it and cannot release the information gathered until those willing to talk in private speak in public.

Anyone who wants to know the story can speak to the committee and we shall discuss it with anyone In an open and transparent manner, in private.

Those who have the smoking gun, should release it and will receive the full support of the group.

However I will categorically state that the group does not have the smoking gun and any revelations that contradict this have been made by former committee members only.

Followed by this from GM:

As my name is mentioned, all state ments in my time in the action group were issued by mark fish who was press officer , my name was often quoted and indeed an article appeared in the telegraph to put pressure on FA and parties involved in our club to come clean or our own findings would be made public. No reference was ever made regarding a smoking gun, in fact i dont think.that reference has ever been made???? This statement from the group is quite contradictory , it states there is no evidence to tell, then says it will tell people in private. As this statement correctly points out, many have spoken and until they speak on record which many choose not to then a documented kiss and tell may never be told. Any information or contacts the group gathered during my time, remained with the group and Mark Fish. I can confirm the rest of the committee had zero access, if that remains the case I do not know. Since I left the group i have got on with my life , until recently when some new information which the action group also recieved came into my possession. This was handed to me by someone who wanted it to.see light of day and could not get it out himself due to legal impications. I passed this to the press who wish to run a story on it after running it by a few people to ask their advice of the best way to get this out. Since the press have had it, they have spent days gathering background information ,talking to there legal team and contacting everyone it involves. This "smoking gun" which everyone keeps referring to comes from where? I have said from day 1 and will say it again, the only story people want is the truth , however good or bad that is, they want closure. I'm more than happy to email copies of what i have given to the press to anyone who wants them and you can decide for yourselves was it right to bury it? Or was it right to put it out there?

Followed by this from Mark Fish:

All statements was written together. However the front page article below was not a statement it was a conversation u had on the phone with Chris Flanagan...not an approved statement...Let's be honest ffs.

You threatened if the fa didn't investigate you would release everything....the committee was horrified because we knew it was impossible for you to carry out this threat....which we knew we/you never had enuf to do.

There is a story to tell...however knowing it and proving it was one thing. I haven't promised it'd be in the press this week like you have....

The group got information had it looked at and it wasn't enuf...you got the info and told the whole world it'd be in the papers this week....false promises.

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10337924.Investigate_or_we_ll_publish_Blackburn_Rovers_findings__warns_Mullan/?ref=rss

In short, it's going off.

If the Rao's are reading this (one of their agents will most definately be) they will be pissing themselves.

They will think they are untouchable and the fan base is divided.

This squabble should have been sorted in private.

I keep saying it, it's about time the fans came together to face up to the Rao's and help persuade them to leave.

Some action group ! nearly six years and the Punatics still own us and we are still on the downward spiral.

You need your heads bangng together squabbling in public while the club is sinking.

Archived