BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys, Stay Or Go?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vs know they done terrible decisions and the fans hate then... Its easy to run like chickens and put the club in administration.... The club is loosing millions every season so why Continue to bother??? Surely they want to put things right and be succesful... If It was Purely business the club should had been in administration now...

Nice sentiments but you clearly don't know how it affects people locally, the venkys are poisonous and dont want to put things right, they're just ignorant barstewards who want to milk the club dry without putting anything in, they will never be a success here because rovers has no meaning to them

Vs know they done terrible decisions and the fans hate then... Its easy to run like chickens and put the club in administration.... The club is loosing millions every season so why Continue to bother??? Surely they want to put things right and be succesful... If It was Purely business the club should had been in administration now...

Another oxymoron.

1) They are incapable of running a football club and need help.

2) They "really care" about the club but won't listen to help offered or cancel the debt and hand the club over.

3) Ergo they care more about their own pride than the club.

4) If they really cared, they would acknowledge their shortcomings and address them.

5) They don't.

6) They won't.

Another oxymoron.

1) They are incapable of running a football club and need help.

2) They "really care" about the club but won't listen to help offered or cancel the debt and hand the club over.

3) Ergo they care more about their own pride than the club.

4) If they really cared, they would acknowledge their shortcomings and address them.

5) They don't.

6) They won't.

Agreed. I don't think them hanging around is anything to do with righting their wrongs. I think it's more to do with this much ballyhooed Indian high caste pride and stubbornness in accepting they keep making horrendous decisions.

The only constant is terrible Venky decisions and a total unwillingness to listen to the fans.

Thing is, on lots of things I don't expect owners to listen to fans. But on the basic one of put a proper board structure in place, communicate a budget even if it is a tight one to that board and then let them get on with running the club and making all decisions that are within the budget sensibly and largely off their own bat, only referring to the owners major decisions, where the owners will then act on the suggestions of the board, I do wish they would. I don't really want fans influencing all kinds of stuff. Just appoint a proper structure and allow them to run it. It might be you want reps from fans organisations on the board, or holding regular meetings with the board or whatever. But that's a different matter

No it's all about pride and saving face. Selling is/getting rid of us would show they have failed and their honour won't allow that.

Meaning we're stuck with their appalling mismanagement which keeps this mess a low enough profile for their honour not to be lost where it matters to them.

As for the thread title - 100% out.

WHO Would take over? Time for us to support Rovers..,, IT does not help the whole club boycotting the team. Vs tried... They appointed an experienced manager who wanted a clause in contract...an experienced backroom team, some good players on loan... Lambert blew his chance with some poor results and now wants off when realizing hes not good enough bringing in youth and wants to sign alot of players just as he did at Villa and why bother so wants out... And starts mouthing around and so on.... Ok Vs has Done alot off terrible decisions costing is relegation etc...but they have bred badly advised loosing alot of money so why bother?? Because they feel guilty and wants to succed and were starting to see alot of changes but as soon as Lambert wants to leave everyone shouts... The clearout has been massive and doubters said were getting relegated. But were still in championship. You all know it, we were going that direction one way as soon as Walkers decided to Sell!! I will Continue support Rovers with or without Venkys as owners.

I shall and will continue to boycott . It's no longer Blackburn Rovers its Venky FC and I won't give them any more money . Tossers

Can't you see they dare not risk investigation.

I will never apology Vs for what they done but I have a feeling they want to put it right long term.

My hangover has taken a turn for the worse after reading that Venky arse licking brown nosing post

Thing is, on lots of things I don't expect owners to listen to fans. But on the basic one of put a proper board structure in place, communicate a budget even if it is a tight one to that board and then let them get on with running the club and making all decisions that are within the budget sensibly and largely off their own bat, only referring to the owners major decisions, where the owners will then act on the suggestions of the board, I do wish they would. I don't really want fans influencing all kinds of stuff. Just appoint a proper structure and allow them to run it. It might be you want reps from fans organisations on the board, or holding regular meetings with the board or whatever. But that's a different matter

This is Football Club Ownership 101.

A progressive, forward-think owner would be involving the fans but we have the opposite. Fine, that would be a nice to have and is not to be expected. However, our owners want to make all decisions at their own pace from half the world away.

Micro-management combined with a hands-off approach is a double-whammy.

We can't proceed on the basis that someone has a 'feeling' that the Vs are good guys and want to fix things. Each year since they have been here they have made things worse to the point now where it is unfixable. There is no way forward under the Vs.

Didn't know where to put this, from Mark Fish on BRAGs Facebook.

Right. Time to lay the cards out as chairman of the BRFC Action Group.

We have spoken to many people in recent years. Former and current employees of Blackburn Rovers. People involved who overheard conversations relating to the takeover and contracts regarding managers and directors. A lot of the information is word of mouth..hear say.

Those very people have signed an NDA (Non disclosure agreements) preventing them from talking.

Three years ago last month the then chairman of the group, Glen, decided to issue a threat on the front page of the local newspaper threatening to bring the house down and release everything. This was done during a conversation with Chris Flanagan (then reporter of rovers for the telegraph), it was done without knowledge of the committee and cause issues.

The group unforunately has no smoking gun. Has never promised to have it and cannot release the information gathered until those willing to talk in private speak in public.

Anyone who wants to know the story can speak to the committee and we shall discuss it with anyone In an open and transparent manner, in private.

Those who have the smoking gun, should release it and will receive the full support of the group.

However I will categorically state that the group does not have the smoking gun and any revelations that contradict this have been made by former committee members only.

Followed by this from GM:

As my name is mentioned, all state ments in my time in the action group were issued by mark fish who was press officer , my name was often quoted and indeed an article appeared in the telegraph to put pressure on FA and parties involved in our club to come clean or our own findings would be made public. No reference was ever made regarding a smoking gun, in fact i dont think.that reference has ever been made???? This statement from the group is quite contradictory , it states there is no evidence to tell, then says it will tell people in private. As this statement correctly points out, many have spoken and until they speak on record which many choose not to then a documented kiss and tell may never be told. Any information or contacts the group gathered during my time, remained with the group and Mark Fish. I can confirm the rest of the committee had zero access, if that remains the case I do not know. Since I left the group i have got on with my life , until recently when some new information which the action group also recieved came into my possession. This was handed to me by someone who wanted it to.see light of day and could not get it out himself due to legal impications. I passed this to the press who wish to run a story on it after running it by a few people to ask their advice of the best way to get this out. Since the press have had it, they have spent days gathering background information ,talking to there legal team and contacting everyone it involves. This "smoking gun" which everyone keeps referring to comes from where? I have said from day 1 and will say it again, the only story people want is the truth , however good or bad that is, they want closure. I'm more than happy to email copies of what i have given to the press to anyone who wants them and you can decide for yourselves was it right to bury it? Or was it right to put it out there?

Followed by this from Mark Fish:

All statements was written together. However the front page article below was not a statement it was a conversation u had on the phone with Chris Flanagan...not an approved statement...Let's be honest ffs.

You threatened if the fa didn't investigate you would release everything....the committee was horrified because we knew it was impossible for you to carry out this threat....which we knew we/you never had enuf to do.

There is a story to tell...however knowing it and proving it was one thing. I haven't promised it'd be in the press this week like you have....

The group got information had it looked at and it wasn't enuf...you got the info and told the whole world it'd be in the papers this week....false promises.

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10337924.Investigate_or_we_ll_publish_Blackburn_Rovers_findings__warns_Mullan/?ref=rss

In short, it's going off.

Archived