BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In hindsight, not quite the turning point

Afraid it there were a few more turns, but the night that cretin was binned (and he was. He'd never leave of his own free will, and 1st hand account of him crying his eyes out in the team hotel),

remains a very happy memory.

The sheer joy still brings a smile to my face, whenever I think of it.

I know where you're coming from. Venkys related stress will have took years of my life.

The day they leave, the celebrations will be on a par with 'Kean gone night' (What a night that was!)

I think it might even be on a par with the Prem winning party. It should be declared as a bank holiday the day that they sell

Afraid it there were a few more turns, but the night that cretin was binned (and he was. He'd never leave of his own free will, and 1st hand account of him crying his eyes out in the team hotel),

remains a very happy memory.

The sheer joy still brings a smile to my face, whenever I think of it.

Agreed.

There ain't no party like a Kean Out party.

Well, we can close this thread now. No way are ST details released mid take over. Seneca have either been told no, or ignored. We all know its probably the latter.

Well, we can close this thread now. No way are ST details released mid take over. Seneca have either been told no, or ignored. We all know its probably the latter.

While I agree with you, you're using logic which is not a given with our owners so perhaps we're mistaken. It's the hope that kills you.

Deadline looming. Looks like we're going to be desperately disappointed. :(

Thought I read somewhere that there was no deadline from Seneca

Be that as it may; given the announcement on Rovers website that Manager interviews have started it must be dead

Can someone put it simply how we are 100m in debt?

Been trying to work it all out and struggling to see how the figure is that high.

Coco, He who cannot be named, Portugal villas and players, Punatics, Shebby

This extra 30 million could possibly be part of a deal: Venkys have to cover all outstanding losses and liabilities before Seneca take on responsibility for any incurred in the future.

Spent some time on the Seneca website and their proposed investment in Rovers is more off strategy for them than I imagined, they say they look for investments in the range of 1-20 million and their track record is mostly in US automotive component manufacturers. Hard-nosed businesses.

With or without the extra Venky cash, to not only get a return but to not lose the entire 60 million proposed funding, they would need promotion in three years. FFP prevents spending a lot more money so I would expect them to direct every pound of the existing money they can toward the goal of winning promotion. So anything that doesn't directly contribute to that goal in the three year timeframe is risking their investment and would be worthless anyway (apart from land) if we didn't go up.

Thats a good theory. It is out of character with how Venkys have behaved to date. They have tended to put money in, in dribs and drabs up to now.

Looking unlikely, but we will cling to the hope.

Have it,

When you have digested it,

have some more

The figure is bandied about and nobody really questions it.

I'm no Accountant, i'm too interesting for that. :P

Wondering if anyone can get near the figure.

Thats a good theory. It is out of character with how Venkys have behaved to date. They have tended to put money in, in dribs and drabs up to now.

Looking unlikely, but we will cling to the hope.

I'd cling to it more, now you've pointed out that it's not how they usually behave.

Wonder why 30M is being pumped in now (lump sum)

I'd cling to it more, now you've pointed out that it's not how they usually behave.

Don't know, but its a change of tac, which is hopefully a prelude to some operational re organisation.

Its the hope that kills...

:D I guess you know the accountants joke then ?

Archived