BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My question is this - Where were Seneca / the Ians five years ago when this sorry mess kicked off?

I mean, it is all well and good coming to the table now the damage has been well and truly done, with talk of £60 Million and a plan to stabilise the club. But five years ago or so, Venkys only had to find £43 million to buy the entire club AND its debt (see http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/9210221.stm)and this when the club was very much a going concern in the Premier League.

I'm not being funny, but even with the benefit of hindsight, the opportunity back then seems to have been the bargain of the century, compared to the real cost of clearng up the mess now after the clowns of Pune have bumbled their way through £200 million in ensuring our relative oblivion.

Perhaps one of the Ians would like to comment?

Well five years ago there wasn't a guaranteed £100m+ for participating in the PL. It no coincidence that kenwright couldn't flog Everton before the new TV deal was announced.

This is the whole madness of the situation; had the trust held on they'd have made far more money from the club than any of their other failures they chose to follow. If Venky's had given Sam a few quid they'd literally be hundreds of millions better off. Sold by owners who didn't want us to owners who are bent nieve.

My question is this - Where were Seneca / the Ians five years ago when this sorry mess kicked off?

I mean, it is all well and good coming to the table now the damage has been well and truly done, with talk of £60 Million and a plan to stabilise the club. But five years ago or so, Venkys only had to find £43 million to buy the entire club AND its debt (see http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/9210221.stm)and this when the club was very much a going concern in the Premier League.

I'm not being funny, but even with the benefit of hindsight, the opportunity back then seems to have been the bargain of the century, compared to the real cost of clearng up the mess now after the clowns of Pune have bumbled their way through £200 million in ensuring our relative oblivion.

We are not going to slag THEM off now are we? I have no idea why they didn't bid then but wasn't it Anderson making the recommendation to the so-called Trust! Didn't he recommend Venkys and not the other two bids?

Just be mighty glad the two Ians are still committed. We will need them soon enough.

The Seneca proposal appears to have been ignored as no formal response from Venky's. I believe that Seneca will be talking publically about it for the first time next week.

I am not surprised that the clueless ones have passed up the perfect opportunity to exit the club in an controlled manner.

Can't agree with that at all.

Where was Rovers Trust back then? Where was BRAG?

It was an entirely dIfferent set of circumstances for the club and possibly the individuals you've mentioned.

People didn't feel the need to get involved, faith was placed in the Jack Walker Trust who up until that point had done a great job (imo) of safeguarding the club and the assumption was made that they'd find a good buyer who would look after Blackburn Rovers moving forward.

Well we all know how that turned out. That's probably why the likes of The Ian's* Rovers Trust and BRAG tried to do something.

(* sounds like a crap early 80s indie band)

• Backroom

It was an entirely dIfferent set of circumstances for the club and possibly the individuals you've mentioned.

People didn't feel the need to get involved, faith was placed in the Jack Walker Trust who up until that point had done a great job (imo) of safeguarding the club and the assumption was made that they'd find a good buyer who would look after Blackburn Rovers moving forward.

Well we all know how that turned out. That's probably why the likes of The Ian's* Rovers Trust and BRAG tried to do something.

Indeed. The only conclusion that can really be drawn from Seneca's lack of interest in the initial takeover is that the Ian's aren't looking for a good deal - they're trying to save the club as fans who don't want to see it go under. That's why they weren't bidding in 2010, at the time there was no need to salvage Rovers as we were chugging along quite nicely and just needed a little extra investment from the right owners. Had they known the Trust were going to sell us down the river then I imagine they would have put a bid in, but unless they possess psychic abilities they can't be blamed for assuming the Trust would sell us to a decent owner, as opposed to the first party who could stump up the necessary cash and lie about carrying on Jack's legacy.

100%. Not only the Walker Trust but faith was placed in the fact that John Williams was still responsibly for running the club.

We were a proper, fit-for-purpose football club back then. We are now a dysfunctional one that is in need of rescue.

Makes you weep.

I just think there'd have been some acknowledgement by now if it was going to progress anywhere; I accept I could be wrong but the fact that season ticket sales are underway and the Management interviews have been undertaken would suggest that its business as usual for the Venkys

Its too much to hope that we'll get an announcement that a deal is going to happen and we are appointing a top drawer Manager

I just think there'd have been some acknowledgement by now if it was going to progress anywhere; I accept I could be wrong but the fact that season ticket sales are underway and the Management interviews have been undertaken would suggest that its business as usual for the Venkys

Its too much to hope that we'll get an announcement that a deal is going to happen and we are appointing a top drawer Manager

Silence is not necessarily bad LOL.

I do expect the bid to be ignored, but for now no news is good news...

The Seneca proposal appears to have been ignored as no formal response from Venky's. I believe that Seneca will be talking publically about it for the first time next week.

I am not surprised that the clueless ones have passed up the perfect opportunity to exit the club in an controlled manner.

It simply beggars belief but it's what we should have all expected...they seem to think we are all something on the bottom of their shoes.

It simply beggars belief but it's what we should have all expected...they seem to think we are all something on the bottom of their shoes.

And that is, when the end finally comes for them, their single biggest error ever. Dismissing the supporters and good name of the club is unforgiveable.

Kamy did say that Seneca would be issuing a statement this week. Well if they do I hope they pillory the arrogant, ignorant cretins not only for their refusal to listen but for the way they have run this club into the ground. But still the main questions should be why did they buy us and what are they still trying to achieve.

We're just a plaything, Tony, nothing more nothing less. Had they done things correctly from the outset and we had remained in the Premier League, they would have milked the attention and used us to further their brand and image. As it is now, we are like an old toy that your child gets out the toy box now and then, sometimes plays with but mainly goes back in the box, under the stairs and out of sight.

We're just a plaything, Tony, nothing more nothing less. Had they done things correctly from the outset and we had remained in the Premier League, they would have milked the attention and used us to further their brand and image. As it is now, we are like an old toy that your child gets out the toy box now and then, sometimes plays with but mainly goes back in the box, under the stairs and out of sight.

Yes, the lack of care is shocking.

One might almost be tempted to suggest that we are being mismanaged out of pure spite.

Archived