BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

Yes, the lack of care is shocking.

One might almost be tempted to suggest that we are being mismanaged out of pure spite.

My feelings exactly.

Neglect-the persistent failure to meet the club's needs in most departments, since they took over.

I can't help thinking of the football authorities, as a group of very poor social /health/education services, who wilfully ignore such visible-obvious- signs of abuse.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It simply beggars belief but it's what we should have all expected...they seem to think we are all something on the bottom of their shoes.

a few of us said at the time (and before) the take over that there would be problems if they did not adapt to a different culture. Got shot down by many I recall.

Correct Yoda,many of us expressed our concerns,even Dave Whealan...'it doesn't feel right'.

I believe it's now a them and us mentality in their eyes and that simply cannot be to the long term benefit of the club.

But never fear,opening day season ticket sales are up,the camera's are being moved to show the modern side of Ewood and folk are being moved to fill it up.

Pink Elephants and Lemonade,Smoke and Mirrors...

Let the good times roll!

Yes, the lack of care is shocking.

One might almost be tempted to suggest that we are being mismanaged out of pure spite.

If someone told me that Venkys was just a front for a consortium of Burnley supporters, I would believe them. Can't think of any other rational explanation.

We're just a plaything, Tony, nothing more nothing less. Had they done things correctly from the outset and we had remained in the Premier League, they would have milked the attention and used us to further their brand and image. As it is now, we are like an old toy that your child gets out the toy box now and then, sometimes plays with but mainly goes back in the box, under the stairs and out of sight.

We're a talking action man. His speech cord has been ripped out. He's voiceless.

He's been stripped of everything, even his clothes.

He's kept out of sight-out of mind (probably with the chickens).

The only thing that makes him worthwhile is, Mrs Desai still visits him occasionally, only for a cheap laugh.

Read the post above your post

S L O W L Y

Funny, makes one wonder.

They are throwing good money after bad.

Remind me again, how are these fools millionaires?

Daddy was clever and they ain't. Must have people in their core business scrambling constantly to undo their screw ups.

So, they are at the very least keeping us afloat?

Why the hell won't they just make sensible decisions that might ultimately give them a nice return on their investment?

Such a weird bunch and odd situation.

I know, really really does my.head in why they seem to have no qualms throwing money away but can't see that with a relatively small increase in funding all their troubles could be over. They could at least start to break even, the Venky name would be back in the spotlight, perhaps even an a more positive one at that, not from us fans but joe public and the media.

As it is now they are just pathetic. Not sure if anyone else senses this but it feels to me like the more we berate.them the worse they get, almost like they are.ramming it dowm our throats. Maybe pull some reverse physcology and just start crooning over how great they are, do it.for.a.month.and.see what happens.

Shoot I've gone mad.

Funny, makes one wonder.

Daddy was clever and they ain't. Must have people in their core business scrambling constantly to undo their screw ups.

Desai seems pretty well clued up in the core business although a bit like politics anybody else's good idea in the company will be attributed to the leader.

Trouble with that is it encourages the god complex we see where she thinks she's knows everything better than anyone else when infact all she knows at all is chickens.

I dread to think how many failed or dodgy ventures this lot have been involved in outside their main thing. Half the companies that come under their umbrella aren't even trading anymore but I suppose the more your involved in the more you can keep your money moving around !

Hmmm....

We're just a plaything, Tony, nothing more nothing less. Had they done things correctly from the outset and we had remained in the Premier League, they would have milked the attention and used us to further their brand and image. As it is now, we are like an old toy that your child gets out the toy box now and then, sometimes plays with but mainly goes back in the box, under the stairs and out of sight.

Certainly looks that way, especially as I've yet to see a shred of evidence their accumulated losses have hurt them in the slightest. I would imagine eveything is a plaything to billionaires

Kamy did say that Seneca would be issuing a statement this week. Well if they do I hope they pillory the arrogant, ignorant cretins not only for their refusal to listen but for the way they have run this club into the ground. But still the main questions should be why did they buy us and what are they still trying to achieve.

I very much doubt Seneca will do that. Golden rule of business - don't slam the door on the way out.

The fact they have ignored all advances suggest they will continue to believe a minority have zero faith in them.

Someone is doing a right good job of convincing them that "its rosie in the garden".

The manager search just about sums things up, the blind leading the blind, whilst Pascha by all accounts is the agents best friend as they could sell him Denis Law at his age today and he would sign him.

What a sorry mess we are in

They are deliberately driving the Club into the ground. We are witnessing the greatest revenge mission in British Football.

And no one gives a sh!t.

I'm actually at the point where Im finished with football. Its a joyless corporate circus.

• Backroom

I am honestly coming to the conclusion that they will never relinquish control of Rovers.

Also, what has happened to the Indian media expose? Have they been out under an injunction or what? Why is it suddenly all quiet?

Same as always, a load of hype with no substance behind it.

Thanks Kamy. Didn't they try very similar in 2013? What makes them think they have a chance this time round?

Led to believe the price they offered then was around a third of what Venkys wanted at the time.

Rarely have I agreed with Eric Cantona...but, in his latest Guardian interview, he condemns:

"Today you have almost all overseas owners, coming from all around the world. It depends how you direct the club. If you dont have an American businessman, you will have an English businessman, he says.

If you dont have an English businessman, you will have a Chinese businessman or a Malaysian businessman. They are all the same. Its a business. The difference is that maybe an English businessman knows more about the soul of the club and the community."

Venky's statement: http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/a-message-from-the-owners-3124381.aspx

"We have come across certain media reports that we have received a proposal for joint ownership of the club.
We wish to clarify that there is no truth in these reports. We, the owners of the club, have no intention of selling or diluting our stake in any manner.
We are totally and absolutely committed to supporting the club and endeavor for its advancement in all aspects"

Evil scumbags. Get out of our club.

Archived