BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blame The Fans !

I was at a stag do in Chester over the weekend and a Rovers ST holder from Sabden was also present.

He was telling me it was the fans fault the Venkys are not much interested. The demonstrations and negative attitude of the fans have driven the V's away!!

Support the Venky's and they will support the Club again.

The conversation was was brief.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at a stag do in Chester over the weekend and a Rovers ST holder from Sabden was also present.

He was telling me it was the fans fault the Venkys are not much interested. The demonstrations and negative attitude of the fans have driven the V's away!!

I hope you counted his fingers

The guy was from Sabden, his thinking is polluted by dingles in his earhole every day obviously. I mean what a shame those matchday regulars the Vs had to stay away because of the sheer level of hostility at a sold out Ewood every other week !

What a pr!ck !

I think that the only reason for such view points is ignorance. Your conversation might have been better longer, including letting him know some of the obvious criminal negligence, the two fingers in the face of fans, Steve Kean scenario, 5 years of decline etc etc.

Maybe we should design a helpful fact sheet to hand out explaining what's gone on. The only problem is many of us see it in varying degrees, which is to be expected without concrete facts!

There's a lot of them sadly as I encountered at the hudds game. There's a few closet ones on here who stick up for them but then say they don't like em .

Rovers Fans are gonna happy clap.

Waz said fans should unite yesterday .. Included me .. But how can we when there are Venky lovers .

There's a lot of them sadly as I encountered at the hudds game. There's a few closet ones on here who stick up for them but then say they don't like em .

Waz said fans should unite yesterday .. Included me .. But how can we when there are Venky lovers .

Quite a few on here there's one in particular talking as if Joyce Is in Zidane or Enrique role FFS you just can't make it up

Few talking as if he's the next thing since sliced bread

FFS he hasn't managed in the football league since 2000

for lots of fans who don't live on here and social media (they do still exist) the view probably isn't as uncommon as you think. A lot of 'head in the sand' fans out there who just want to watch the football and concern themselves with nothing else.

The fans have a responsibility to fight for the club, not just meekly accept this is how it is and we can't do anything about it.

Rome should be burning, but its too much trouble for many and thats criminal in my book.

The thing is you will never get even 30% of the fan base to protest. That fan walk out at Anfield over ticket prices, less than 20% of the crowd took part, Newcastle its about 5% who are protesting, even Blackpool its less than 30%. Far more than those %'s are in agreement, they just don't want to take part.

The difference is that at Rovers, there is a lack of solidarity from other fans, and people are paying too much attention to what others may say (look how much sway people like Birdy have on lots of other fans).

No protest idea will be universally backed, agreed upon, or enacted - don't worry- just get on with it if you want to.

The thing is you will never get even 30% of the fan base to protest. That fan walk out at Anfield over ticket prices, less than 20% of the crowd took part, Newcastle its about 5% who are protesting, even Blackpool its less than 30%. Far more than those %'s are in agreement, they just don't want to take part.

The difference is that at Rovers, there is a lack of solidarity from other fans, and people are paying too much attention to what others may say (look how much sway people like Birdy have on lots of other fans).

No protest idea will be universally backed, agreed upon, or enacted - don't worry- just get on with it if you want to.

The other difference is the power and partisan nature of the media - especially in Liverpool. Their walkout was portrayed as a sizeable majority, and you know what, the other 80% who didn't protest benefitted as well.

With Rovers, the media was in the club's (and others') pockets, and we were laughed at and dismissed as "1%". Our "99%" (the hand sitters) then stuck the boot it.

But it was all down to who won control of the media. I blame Cryer as much as anyone for not getting his head around what was happening sooner. Still, it worked out well for his career though - so all is well.

Says the one who wants to happy clap outside the ground on your own dick in hand with a venkys out badge boycotting.... I hate them as much as you for what they have done but for the sake of Christ man you can't do anything on your own....you need the Rovers Fans to boycott as well...coordinated and organised through one of the trusts

Says the one who wants to happy clap outside the ground on your own dick in hand with a venkys out badge boycotting.... I hate them as much as you for what they have done but for the sake of Christ man you can't do anything on your own....you need the Rovers Fans to boycott as well...coordinated and organised through one of the trusts

What would it take for the hc to actually boycott, let alone protest?

They could melt down Jack's statue and there WOULD be some trying to excuse them - "well, it's their club" *shrug*

The series 100 is a bit like Rovers. Venkys are the A.I Allie whilst a large dollop of Rovers fans act like her chipped followers. Bigbeard seems to be Jaha lol. If only there was a kill switch[/quo

Jesus..ott wanting to kill your fellow fans...venkys have no followers

They could melt down Jack's statue and there WOULD be some trying to excuse them - "well, it's their club" *shrug*

You don't need them, and they wouldn't ever anyway.

When people on the fans forum are willing to publicly tear other fans like Savio apart for discussing the family stand info, in order to try and make themselves look good to the people running our club, you should know they are a lost cause.

I agree there does seem to be a lack of action in all the trusts....there should be a fans group for the fans with no twisted agenda and though that a voice could be heard...I agree at this moment it's too tame

The series 100 is a bit like Rovers. Venkys are the A.I Allie whilst a large dollop of Rovers fans act like her chipped followers. Bigbeard seems to be Jaha lol. If only there was a kill switch

Unbelievable. What a load of Tottenham. This attitude towards anyone who might not see the "big picture" as clearly needs to changed.

I see players or more famous people afforded the luxury of being "one of us" but the same can't be said about the average fan of a different disposition

A hell of a lot of season ticket holders would avoid this website like the plague if they are greeted by long term boycotteers slagging off those who make the effort.

Archived