BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blame The Fans !

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says the one who wants to happy clap outside the ground on your own dick in hand with a venkys out badge boycotting.... I hate them as much as you for what they have done but for the sake of Christ man you can't do anything on your own....you need the Rovers Fans to boycott as well...coordinated and organised through one of the trusts

Are you a member of one of the Trusts?

Stop going, starve their charter of filling the JW stand silly project. Empty ground, no excuse, no other club has done it? We would get so much publicity, first game of the season, just away fans?

Just a thought.

Absolutely.

Sadly the match day fans are not up to the task, so this is the only way forward in my opinion.

Says the one who wants to happy clap outside the ground on your own dick in hand with a venkys out badge boycotting.... I hate them as much as you for what they have done but for the sake of Christ man you can't do anything on your own....you need the Rovers Fans to boycott as well...coordinated and organised through one of the trusts

Jog on ... Less than 50 posts and you insult ha .

Stop going, starve their charter of filling the JW stand silly project. Empty ground, no excuse, no other club has done it? We would get so much publicity, first game of the season, just away fans?

Just a thought.

It will never happen. See my post above.

Are you a member of one of the Trusts?

Absolutely.

Sadly the match day fans are not up to the task, so this is the only way forward in my opinion.

I was but no longer..i had membership to the Dan grabko rovers trust but decided not to renew as I didn't think it was worthwhile any longer

Sorry didn't think there was a competition.....however if I keep replying to you they will soon go up....

What's that PR mob the V's have hired called ? I thought they were just focused on the LT boards but maybe a few have strayed.

Just out of curiosity ..how many "regular" posters on here are actual "regular "attendees on match day?

Its ok saying well lets boycott but what percentage of Home fans who post on here actual go that may be swayed on here ??

This is after all a worldwide messageboard highlighted by posters who are flung worldwide ..not necessarily a true reflection on actual attendees

Just out of curiosity ..how many "regular" posters on here are actual "regular "attendees on match day?

Its ok saying well lets boycott but what percentage of Home fans who post on here actual go that may be swayed on here ??

This is after all a worldwide messageboard highlighted by posters who are flung worldwide ..not necessarily a true reflection on actual attendees

I think the bottom line is this site represents less than 1% of the fan base, regardless of who attends.

I think the bottom line is this site represents less than 1% of the fan base, regardless of who attends.

And that Gav is my point .

Take out the posters who are abroad,moved,cant afford..we really are a minority here on match day.

for lots of fans who don't live on here and social media (they do still exist) the view probably isn't as uncommon as you think. A lot of 'head in the sand' fans out there who just want to watch the football and concern themselves with nothing else.

They must be bored to death then!

It is of course the fans' fault. We brought in these tubes, promoted Coco, got in with Anderson, got confused, splurged all the clubs' money on useless players, sacked loads of managers, sold all the decent players and ended up with hardly any players and no manager. Of course it's our fault... We made those decisions. Let's hope the Vs can save us from ourselves before it's too late.

We have to do something different, not been done before, need momentum, I would happily turn up at our first home game of the season and not go in, as I'm not renewing!

Thats not what im saying, im saying do what you can, just don't expect more than, at the very best, 30% of fans to join you.

Stuarts point is valid - you need the media to A) report on what you are doing, and B. Be sympathetic to the cause.

I was at a stag do in Chester over the weekend and a Rovers ST holder from Sabden was also present.

He was telling me it was the fans fault the Venkys are not much interested. The demonstrations and negative attitude of the fans have driven the V's away!!

Support the Venky's and they will support the Club again.

The conversation was was brief.

I only wish the bit in bold was true.

The time to stand was a few seasons ago before the Arsenal fixture.

Venkys where here and had people on the ground monitoring the first protest and in particular the numbers.

When only a few hundred turned up, it gave those out to feather their own nest the rights to claim it was racially motivated, it was a minority and it would fizzle out.

Many showed their anger on social media, but refused to protest, whilst a large number of supporters took it upon themselves to lambast any supporter who dared to protest or speak out against the Venkys regime.

Its only the last few months that some of those have actually decided enough is enough, whilst strangely there is still those who believe Venkys are good for the club and will mend the damage they have caused.

There is also those who change like the weather especially on facebook.

They state Venkys need to go, then jump down peoples throats when they state they are not going until they do go, with that old slogan "support your club".

I have been asked many times, especially when the protest were occurring what my thoughts were regarding other clubs and how they would react given the same circumstances?

Many members of the press stated how surprised they were at the number of supporters within our supporter base who had nothing but nice things to say about the clubs situation and they blamed the protesting section on dwindling crowds stating supporters were now scared to attend games due to the aggressive nature that the protest have put in the stands.

The press also felt had this been our enemies down the road it would of been a full scale protest by the majority.

One question posed that did stick in my mind was do i think its due to the number of supporters we gained from other clubs during the Jack Walker era?

Looking back now , the number of supporters who were not alive when we won the league out numbered those who have seen the club before , during and since jack. If those supporters could not find the energy or enthusiasm to protest then it does not surprise me that they were pretty much ineffective in terms of putting pressure on the Raos thought process

Looking back now , the number of supporters who were not alive when we won the league out numbered those who have seen the club before , during and since jack. If those supporters could not find the energy or enthusiasm to protest then it does not surprise me that they were pretty much ineffective in terms of putting pressure on the Raos thought process

Glen am I misreading this? You seem to be saying the number of supporters born after 1995 - that makes them 21 years or less - outnumber those of us who have been around a bit longer! If I've understood you correctly any glance round the crowd on match day would make this statement questionable.

Anyone born post 95 would not be older than 16 when the Raos arrived.

I feel the lack of young fans is a real problem.

Glen am I misreading this? You seem to be saying the number of supporters born after 1995 - that makes them 21 years or less - outnumber those of us who have been around a bit longer! If I've understood you correctly any glance round the crowd on match day would make this statement questionable.

Anyone born post 95 would not be older than 16 when the Raos arrived.

I feel the lack of young fans is a real problem.

I thought he meant of those who protested.

I was but no longer..i had membership to the Dan grabko rovers trust but decided not to renew as I didn't think it was worthwhile any longer

Sorry didn't think there was a competition.....however if I keep replying to you they will soon go up....

Not even a witty newbie stalker

I thought he meant of those who protested.

Ah. Yes possibly. That's not good if it means the bulk of protesters were 16 years old. Can you clarify please Glen?

God the posts are going up abbey soon be at 50....:0)

Yawn

And that Gav is my point .

Take out the posters who are abroad,moved,cant afford..we really are a minority here on match day.

Stick your head under the seat there will be plenty of room this season

Ah. Yes possibly. That's not good if it means the bulk of protesters were 16 years old. Can you clarify please Glen?

Sorry I'm replying for Glen again but...

It was a protest before a game so many people took their kids with them. Then there are the 15 / 16yo individuals.

I'm not sure I'd have said it was a majority - I was there - but certainly a sizeable proportion.

It's all moot now though anyway. There should have been far more fans than there were. But when you exclude the hardcore and many of those who left after relegation - and let's face it, we had a lot of supporters who only came along to watch cheap Premier League football who didnt actually care about Rovers - then we were probably looking at about 5000 or so potential fans.

When we only got about 300 of those then you are down to about 7%. It's just not enough. 5000 Rovers fans all gathered at the town hall and marching to Ewood would have made for bigger headlines and might have put more pressure on Kean to go sooner whilst we were still in the top flight. This group of people couldn't be arsed and, given that the hardcore for all their faults, have steadfastly if frustratingly stuck to their so-called-superfan line, it is these people who are now whinging the most. Yet didn't act.

That said, it's not the hardcore that are the real superfans. That term should be reserved for the small group of people, like Glen, Mark, (the other) Paul, Savio, Phillip, Kamy, Glenn, Tom M, and others who stuck their necks out and took the flak as part of concerted efforts to rid the club of Kean et al and those in future who will eventually see off Venkys. They are the real super fans.

Archived