BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

Yes denial is a funny thing.

Not doubt this relatively inofensive(compared to a lot of the vile crap on here that isnt removed) post will again be deleted.

Im Past caring, why should I and plenty others have to continually censor ourselves and bite our tongues on here when knobeds like princess abby and the like can say what they like, how they like, whoever's doing all this deleting(usual khod) is just being a jumped up power mad dick.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't honestly accuse supporters who are disaffected with the downgrading of the squad as "glory hunters". That's ridiculous, even by your standards.

• Moderation Lead

Not doubt this relatively inofensive(compared to a lot of the vile crap on here that isnt removed) post will again be deleted.

Im Past caring, why should I and plenty others have to continually censor ourselves and bite our tongues on here when knobeds like princess abby and the like can say what they like, how they like, whoever's doing all this deleting(usual khod) is just being a jumped up power mad dick.

Swing and a miss again TJ. Though continuing to remain classy with the personal insults I see!

Why not just ignore each other? Can it really be that difficult??

You can't honestly accuse supporters who are disaffected with the downgrading of the squad as "glory hunters". That's ridiculous, even by your standards.

Actually, that in itself is a denial mechanism. You could argue that labelling dissenters as glory hunters merely distorts the real concerns of those with a proper analysis...just saying LOL

Its only your opinion that the squad os intentionally being downgraded. When in fact i think the qiality of our squad is currently better than it was just before coyle took over(and yes thats just my opinion)

Wasn't the original premise that Marshall is sold and replaced by Feeney? That's a downgradin', albeit a decent Championship player for a mediocre one.

At any rate, people aren't boycotting because they miss the glory days. I don't think Rovers have ever been a "glory hunter" team since the mid-90s. They're doing it because they've grown disenchanted with the way the club's run on and off the pitch.

Transfers.... Zeki Fryars? Gomez? Any strikers named?

You're the ITK aren't you? I guess if you've heard nothing then perhaps there's chuff all to report and argue over.

Its only your opinion that the squad os intentionally being downgraded. When in fact i think the qiality of our squad is currently better than it was just before coyle took over(and yes thats just my opinion)

the squad couldn't get much worse could it? Ffs we just about have a squad now, that's an improvement of sorts, though it's hardly worth writing home about and isn't any reason for getting overly excited.

You keep smiling though TJ.

You're the ITK aren't you? I guess if you've heard nothing then perhaps there's chuff all to report and argue over.

the squad couldn't get much worse could it? Ffs we just about have a squad now, that's an improvement of sorts, though it's hardly worth writing home about and isn't any reason for getting overly excited.

I think it would be hard to argue that- season on season- the direction of travel has been anything other than downward.

The squad at the start of last season was unacceptable-plain and simple and it seemed like a deliberate gamble.

A small upgrade on that shambles of a squad shouldn't be enough to get you cracking open the champagne...

Not heard anything mate. Not since Coyle came in. Nixon, like him or loathe him is genuinely our best insider now....

We haven't got a squad at this point.

We've got 17 established outfield players. Even if we then throw in the likes of Mahoney, O'Sullivan, Nyambe - that takes us to 20 - however there are big question marks over those 3 and whether they are ready/capable to play every week in the Championship.

17 isn't enough. 20 isn't enough. If a miracle happens and everyone stays fit and free from suspension all season then we're still extremely limited in options. What can we do if players are out of form or we're 2-0 down and want to make game-changing substitutions? The players aren't there.

At the moment we've got a competitive team. Sign another 5-6 and I might accept we've got a decent squad.

Good points.

Those getting giddy with recent transfer activity fail to see this. The worrying thing is we look like we will be padding out the transfers by promoting the under 21's. Now I don't know enough about them to say if they are good, bad or exceptional, but in which previous seasons have we looked to promote so many to the first team?

Its got Venkys cost cutting policy written all over it and is a guaranteed recipe for relegation. We need another 4 or 5 (without selling) quality signings just to be competitive imo, and where's the finance for that coming from.

The writing's on the wall.

Good points.

Those getting giddy with recent transfer activity fail to see this. The worrying thing is we look like we will be padding out the transfers by promoting the under 21's. Now I don't know enough about them to say if they are good, bad or exceptional, but in which previous seasons have we looked to promote so many to the first team?

Its got Venkys cost cutting policy written all over it and is a guaranteed recipe for relegation. We need another 4 or 5 (without selling) quality signings just to be competitive imo, and where's the finance for that coming from.

Yep...that's what I meant by not cracking open the champagne.....

Yep...that's what I meant by not cracking open the champagne.....

Good points.

i dont think many people are failing to see things and you dont know what people are thinking, why don't you just concentrate on yourself and leave others to see things however they like instead of playing mystic meg.

so much of the negative, pessimistic discussions on here are just based on gossip and rumours, Like earlier today the talk of Marshall being sold was just pure guesswork(and from a purely pessimistic pov) and all it did was ignite further negative discussion, its as though some on here just get off on being cynical, adding misery to the fire and bringing others down with them.

Im no "venkylover" far from it, but I wont let them or any miserable bugger on here bring me down, there are still some things to be optimistic about whether you choose to see them or not is up to you.

i dont think many people are failing to see things and you dont know what people are thinking, why don't you just concentrate on yourself and leave others to see things however they like instead of playing mystic meg.

so much of the negative, pessimistic discussions on here are just based on gossip and rumours, Like earlier today the talk of Marshall being sold was just pure guesswork(and from a purely pessimistic pov)

I didn't name names TJ so wasn't directed at particular individuals. It was actually directed more at the Facebook Rovers Fans who are posting how delighted they are with OC's transfer business, so no interpretation needed.

But I stand by the view that the squad is in bad shape and with it looking like 5 or 6 U21's are going to make up the numbers, there's plenty to be pessimistic about.

I didn't name names TJ so wasn't directed at particular individuals. It was actually directed more at the Facebook Rovers Fans who are posting how delighted they are with OC's transfer business, so no interpretation needed.

But I stand by the view that the squad is in bad shape and with it looking like 5 or 6 U21's are going to make up the numbers, there's plenty to be pessimistic about.

yep nobody can deny that the senior squad is currently to small to last a season in this league, but on the other hand we do have some good quality players amongst that small squad and most of the signings so far do look promising,

Also one positive I personally like to see(even though you personally choose to see it as a negative) by having a small senior squad we are more likely to see our youths get a shot in the first team, which is always good even if they don't quite end up making the grade its still exciting to see how they do, theres always a slight chance of another duff, dunn, wilcox, p jones, etc. being unearthed and nothing is more satisfying than seeing one of your own do well.

Archived