BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What he really means is that they're cheap.

The fact a lot of players from Scotland go to League 1 teams and vice versa shows the standard of Scottish football. Still give it a year or so and that'll be our level.

Jason Cummings of Hibs would be a decent prospect I reckon. He's young and did well in big games against Rangers. I think he's been linked with Rotherham and Sheff Utd but as he wont be on a free he most probably won't be on our radar.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/219579/dundees-greg-stewart-caught-eye-blackburn-rovers-boss-owen-coyle/

Coyle waxing lyrical about Scottish players. Not sure 'they punch above their weight' anymore, they stopped producing great players about 30 years ago. Hendry's generation were perhaps the last and even they were a downgrade on the times when the likes of Souness and Dalglish's were developed.

I don't know much about Greg Stewart but he's the right age at 26. However Dundee want £1.5mill for him. He has only 1 year left on his contract though and could come a lot cheaper than that, especially if he tells them that he will sign a pre contract in January.

#nufc have made an approach for Blackburn and Scotland defender Grant Hanley. More to follow.

Lee Ryder is The Chronicle's Chief Sports Writer and Newcastle United FC multimedia journo

They will pay over the odds. If our board can get 6-7 mil for Hanley I'd reluctantly let him go. However that has to be on the promise we can replace him with someone of better quality. With centre backs being few and far between at the moment I'd hope Coyle will try to keep hold of him, at least for another season. I think Hanley owes us that.

They will pay over the odds. If our board can get 6-7 mil for Hanley I'd reluctantly let him go. However that has to be on the promise we can replace him with someone of better quality. With centre backs being few and far between at the moment I'd hope Coyle will try to keep hold of him, at least for another season. I think Hanley owes us that.

Don't count your chickens.

You're kidding yourself if you think the money would be reinvested.

#nufc have made an approach for Blackburn and Scotland defender Grant Hanley. More to follow.

Lee Ryder is The Chronicle's Chief Sports Writer and Newcastle United FC multimedia journo

Edit: Link to story

been waiting for Newcastle to bid for Hanley. been rumours for weeks.

if you want him then pay the asking price? I would ask for 8 mil plus. if they don't want to price it then do one

but if sold then the money must be reinvested in the summer transfer/wages pot

Edit: Link to story

Can't see him wanting to hang around and play under FKW when he can walk the league with near laughable ease with Newcastle and work for a proper manager for a change.

Easiest route to the premier league he will ever get if he has to get promoted with a team to do it.

As for replacements, we are kidding ourselves if we think the money would get reinvested. Free transfer or even cheaper, promote Scott Wharton in hope we flog him for a reasonable fee in a couple of seasons.

• Moderation Lead

Any money from the Hanley sale won't go back into the team, I'm confident of that. It happened with Rhodes and it will happen again. The downgrade continues. If Hanley DOES go, don't think that other players that are saleable won't be looking to do the same. The club will be more than happy to facilitate this, the low crowds and the need for cost-cutting will give them the justification they need. (Not that I'm criticising those not attending for a moment by the way, they're more than justified). Venky's makes me sick.

Loans and freebies and Owen Coyle as manager. What could possibly go wrong? :blink:

If they want him badly enough maybe we can get a player exchange. Don't know who though.

Can't see him wanting to hang around and play under FKW when he can walk the league with near laughable ease with Newcastle and work for a proper manager for a change.

Easiest route to the premier league he will ever get if he has to get promoted with a team to do it.

I would normally agree with you 100% if I hadn't heard from the lad's own mouth that he was very happy at Ewood and wasn't looking to leave.

Now, where did the last bloke end up who said that............almost 20 years to the day as well!!

No bid has been made yet. Let's not declare the end of the world until we have official confirmation of a bid at least. For all we know Blackburn could tell em where to go - if they don't I suspect the bid will be too much to refuse and ultimately we'd have had the better part of the deal.

Lets be honest here, with no affiliation to the club if you got any sort of offer from the likes of Newcastle you'd be out of the door like a shot.

Contracts running down, depleted squad, you'd be off.

Players also talk, sales have been on the cards, I'm still absolutely baffled why Danny Graham sighed for us when people keep saying he turned down better offers? Makes me wonder if he actually had any firm offers at all.

Nobody has gone yet, but we all called it months back that one of either Duffy, Hanley or Marshall would be sold before the start of the season, but it may well be more than 1.

Hanley out, Wes Brown in. Written all over it.

Just double checking, has everyone claimed their seats for next season?

That would be another massive backward step for Blackburn Rovers football club under the Indians and their advisors.

Cheston out !

Hanley out, Wes Brown in. Written all over it.

Just double checking, has everyone claimed their seats for next season?

That would be a crafty move for some, Hanley out and give 36 year old injury prone Brown a one year million pound contract. A nice big name stop gap to gloss it over. There would be a pattern developing again here like we've seen before, I wonder who would benefit.

If Hanley was sold and 2 million or so wasn't spent on a player or two then I don't know what more proof people would want about the agenda Venkys & Co have at Ewood.

Always going to be difficult to deflect big interest for people like Hanley who's probably had enough himself now but it's what comes next that tells the true story. Not that we haven't seen it before.

Lets be honest here, with no affiliation to the club if you got any sort of offer from the likes of Newcastle you'd be out of the door like a shot.

Contracts running down, depleted squad, you'd be off.

Players also talk, sales have been on the cards, I'm still absolutely baffled why Danny Graham sighed for us when people keep saying he turned down better offers? Makes me wonder if he actually had any firm offers at all.

Nobody has gone yet, but we all called it months back that one of either Duffy, Hanley or Marshall would be sold before the start of the season, but it may well be more than 1.

According to Alan Nixon They has no bid for Hanley so far.

Graham has already said why he join us. He said he loved his time here and the fans were amazing to him.

Werent Preston and Birmingham after him but choose here. Not sure about the Celtic story. Maybe Rodgers wanted him but Celtic didnt want to pay his wages given there is no resell value.

We'll have to see but this could be the first of the 2 to leave (might even be 3) as I posted this morning. Can't see him staying if there is a bid and as for the money being re-invested in the team??? Not a bloody chance and I can't believe anyone thinks otherwise.

Archived