BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

Good post - just to add in - think the Irvine issue has been picked up on so much because it is a key piece of evidence that Chesterton was either talking out of his behind or the goal posts moved when Coyle appointed.

Regardless, the big issue is, who is running our club.

Whoever it is they are running the club into the ground.

We will never prosper under Venkys. All aspects of the club are dumbed down year by year.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newcastle Chronicle report says they believe Hanley would be open to a move to St James Park.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-hoping-sign-blackburn-11582266

And who could blame him really. A big club, a top, top manager, and actually not that far from his home town of Dumfries either (if that is a factor for him). Almost the perfect club for the lad.

I don't want to see him go really, but he would certainly leave with my best wishes.

There is a far bigger picture here Andy and this latest information from Mani adds to the suspicions that there are still dark forces working at Rovers albeit in the guise of our 'manager' rather than agents. Quite simply Cheston has been made to look a fool of by Coyle given his LT interview before Coyle was even mentioned. The criteria he laid down just isn't being met. This is becoming like the Chinese water torture and the constant drips of water are now causing a lot of headaches.

I have it on good authority that Coyle isn't all he paints himself to be as this honest, church going individual.

I'm not sure it's dark forces..it's pretty normal in football for people to plot and scheme.

Haha Coyle is rum as fook mate. Most of the things I have heard from people who witnessed this stuff I genuinely can't post. As I don't want to be sued!!

Well Benitez or Coyle? 50k fans as opposed to 10k? Probable promotion or likely relegation? I wonder which most of us would choose. A nice house in Darras Hall or whichever new suburb/town footballers chose in the north east nowadays. Newcastle City centre on your doorstep. Not difficult I'd say. Oh and they probably pay more too.

I'm not sure it's dark forces..it's pretty normal in football for people to plot and scheme.

Haha Coyle is rum as fook mate. Most of the things I have heard from people who witnessed this stuff I genuinely can't post. As I don't want to be sued!!

you da man

Well Benitez or Coyle? 50k fans as opposed to 10k? Probable promotion or likely relegation? I wonder which most of us would choose. A nice house in Darras Hall or whichever new suburb/town footballers chose in the north east nowadays. Newcastle City centre on your doorstep. Not difficult I'd say. Oh and they probably pay more too.

That's it in a nutshell, zero ambition, why would anyone stay. I was surprised at the Graham signing to be fair. But roll up and get your seaons tickets.

Am I alone in thinking that Coyle could be Kean Mk II. I get the feeling that he's going to be very influential around the place, won't have a problem cosying up to Madam, has a thick skin with a fair bit of delusion thrown in and will happily do all the TV and publicity needed as he knows he's lucky to have the job.

Hope I'm wrong but I think this could run and run.

Am I alone in thinking that Coyle could be Kean Mk II. I get the feeling that he's going to be very influential around the place, won't have a problem cosying up to Madam, has a thick skin with a fair bit of delusion thrown in and will happily do all the TV and publicity needed as he knows he's lucky to have the job.

No absolutely not, with each passing day you read Coyles comments about players, Stewart and Irvine, its straight out of king rats play book, they obviously went to the same PR school.

But all that matters for us is results on the pitch, so I'm trying very hard to ignore his bullsh1t, and most of it is bullsh1t by the way, but he'll live and die by results.

I can hear him now blaming player sales for the poor start to the season, hope I'm wrong.

You are not alone. It's getting to me everytime I hear how wonderful us 'fans' are.

No doubt Hanley will be off. Can't blame him. It's gutting though because he gives100% every game. He never shirks even when he isn't playing well. He reminds me of Faz in some ways, scared of nobody and always there to stick up for his team mates if they are copping abuse from an oppo player.

I hope the club accept nothing less than £10m., and then reinvest at least half on two or three quality youngsters from the lower leagues in their early twenties.

Hanley will be off, just a matter of when not if. However as they have done previously I doubt that Venky's will let him leave below their valuation which I guess is the £5.5-£6 million mark. I do not blame him for wanting to move, it is a positive move from him in every sense.

As for Coyle I agree with Gav it is all about sound bites just like Keanochio. However like every manager he should be judged on results so let's see what happens when the season starts.

Hanley will be off, just a matter of when not if. However as they have done previously I doubt that Venky's will let him leave below their valuation which I guess is the £5.5-£6 million mark. I do not blame him for wanting to move, it is a positive move from him in every sense.

As for Coyle I agree with Gav it is all about sound bites just like Keanochio. However like every manager he should be judged on results so let's see what happens when the season starts.

Thanks for the info Kamy. To be honest does it really make any difference what they pay for him as we won't see a penny of it.

You sir are not alone

Hanley was in Austria yesterday with the team. http://mobile.rovers.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/blackburn-rovers-pre-season-austria-3174259.aspx

Will Newcastle bid 6 mil plus for him?

Clubs would have to agree a fee first so no surprise he's still in Austria chaddy.

As for £6m, can't see anyone paying that, more like £4m with add ons.

• Moderation Lead

Clubs would have to agree a fee first so no surprise he's still in Austria chaddy.

Newcastle will be awash with parachute cash, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did tbh. Transfer fees have gone wild again, Bournemouth have had a £15m bid for Jordon Ibe accepted in the last few days.... :huh:

Hanley was in Austria yesterday with the team. http://mobile.rovers.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/blackburn-rovers-pre-season-austria-3174259.aspx

Will Newcastle bid 6 mil plus for him?

He'll go Chaddy, no doubt about it. If he's any ambition he will want to leave and regardless of that the owners will want the money trousered.

Heard there's tentative interest in Duffy from our friends down the road. We'll have to see how that pans out along with the probable sale of Marshall.

J-Lo to take the armband next season? Probably, and that in itself is a measure of how far we've sunk.

Hanley will be off, just a matter of when not if.

As I've said all summer.

Some continue to evaluate the new season's squad on the signings and will be bitterly disappointed when players they included in their analysis are no longer at Ewood.

There is never any net improvement under Venkys, it's all downhill.

Part of the reason he's here is because he's a spinaholic and he'll tell everyone what they want to hear, the Indians will love that it's how they were taken in by the fat controller & his gang in the first place.

He'll also turn on the fans if they turn on him make no mistake. Maybe his hyper will rub off on the players and we'll do ok but for me he's just here to oversee the next stage of the conjob whilst hopefully being good enough to steer the team to a safe finish under another huge minus budget.

VENKYS COULD EAT THE Rovers Fans KIDS AND THEY WOULD STILL SAY ITS FOR THE GOOD OF THE CLUB.

'Betterment' is the watchword :rover:

Whoever it is they are running the club into the ground.

We will never prosper under Venkys. All aspects of the club are dumbed down year by year.

Family stand closed !

Darwen end upper stand closed !

Is it the Legends suite closed or one of them closed !

The Town centre store closed !

The Bash Tards it would suggest are well on the way to closing Blackburn Rovers down !

When he was announced my die hard wigan mate messaged me... "Steve Kean all over again".

Cant see Rovers selling Hanley for 4 mil plus add ons.

I want 7 or 8 mil for him at least. Newcastle have money so either pay up or shut up.

Cant see Rovers selling Hanley for 4 mil plus add ons.

I want 7 or 8 mil for him at least. Newcastle have money so either pay up or shut up.

Anyone discussing selling Grant Hanley should shut up and clear off to another clubs website for me chaddy.

Archived