BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

Valuations this summer have just gone mental! do i think Hanley is a £6-8m player .. do i hell , but then If Michael Keane is valued at £15m + then yeh Hanley has got to be up there ... and its not just that ..Jordan Ibe ... £15m pfft Lewis Cook £10m ..pfft ... the worlds gone chuffin mad

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Valuations this summer have just gone mad ! do i think Hanley is a £6-8m player .. do i hell , but then If Michael Keane is valued at £15m + then yeh Hanley has got to be up there ... and its not just that ..Jordan Ibe ... £15m pfft Lewis Cook £10m ..pfft ... the worlds gone chuffin mad

Pogba at £100m!!! Is he over twice as good as Zidane? Better than Ronaldo? @#/? no!

You get banned because you constantly comment on posters instead of content, let's have it right.

He's not alone and by no means the worse.

Just sayin :tu:

Valuations this summer have just gone mental! do i think Hanley is a £6-8m player .. do i hell , but then If Michael Keane is valued at £15m + then yeh Hanley has got to be up there ... and its not just that ..Jordan Ibe ... £15m pfft Lewis Cook £10m ..pfft ... the worlds gone chuffin mad

Understand where you're coming from AJW but just on Keane, we have a big shortage of good English central defenders at the moment, so £15m for Keane and Scott Dann is probably the going rate I'd say.

I seem to remember United signing Ferdinand for £30m many moons ago.

It's the new tv deal starting. Does nothing else apart from push up transfer fees, agent fees and wages.

Pogba at £100m!!! Is he over twice as good as Zidane? Better than Ronaldo? @#/? no!

How much merchandise and marketing do you think will come from signing Pogba? At least 100m.

http://www.crewechronicle.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/crewe-alex-could-net-500000-11586337?

Crewe entitled to half a million if Hanley leaves.

Rovers linked to Greg Stuart... Whoever that is. Doubt it as there's talk of 1.5 million fee... No chance.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/blackburn-eye-move-dundees-greg-stewart/?

Plays for Dundee not bad player tbh quite creative

http://www.crewechronicle.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/crewe-alex-could-net-500000-11586337?

Crewe entitled to half a million if Hanley leaves.

Rovers linked to Greg Stuart... Whoever that is. Doubt it as there's talk of 1.5 million fee... No chance.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/blackburn-eye-move-dundees-greg-stewart/?

Greg Stewart plays for Dundee. He's actually decent in that league but as previously discussed, it is quite hard to gauge players from that league.

Seriously Chaddy? I'm not a doom merchant but even if you look at the squad from 2 years ago it is a massive come down on wages. Lots of fees gained none splashed out. Cairney, Rhodes, Gestede plus others all out, freebies in.

Even if you believe Venkys have the best interests of the club at heart then their plan appears to be stumble across a winning formula and gain promotion a la Dingles.

Please don't tell me they are investing all monies taken back into the squad because they aren't.

Does anyone believe Venkys are committed to getting us promoted? I doubt even Cheston does.

Rotten from top to bottom. Within a year or two we will have a squad of League 2 players and that's where we will be.

Wasn't Hanley at Rangers before Rovers?

His Wikipedia entry doesn't tally with what that article says about him. According to wiki he was at Rangers immediately prior to joining us, whereas the article says he was at Crewe??

Does anyone believe Venkys are committed to getting us promoted? I doubt even Cheston does.

Rotten from top to bottom. Within a year or two we will have a squad of League 2 players and that's where we will be.

I would like to believe but all the facts point to no. The progression graph is a big red line pointing down and nothing done recently will change that.

Hanley still got 3 years left on his Rovers contract.

Rhodes money? Didnt we bring in Graham, Gomez, Grimes, Ward, Bennett, Watt in January Gav? Is this where the Rhodes went?

I can take you defending Coyle, Chaddy, but your attempts to dress-up anything the Venky's do as a positive is getting a bit nauseating. It seems you're intent on going against the grain of the majority on here on each and every issue. Being positive is one thing, twisting things is another.

Cairney, Gestede, Olsson, Rhodes... £20mill in sales right there.... And there were plenty who went before them and there'll be plenty after. The money has not been reinvested and will not be reinvested.

The issue we will always face is any transfer fee brought in now will just disappear into the black hole that is our operating costs we aren't anywhere close to breaking even. So any sale will just go towards bridging that gap with probably only the wages being re made available.

No owner would invest the money back into there club when is post losses in the tens of millions.

The issue we will always face is any transfer fee brought in now will just disappear into the black hole that is our operating costs we aren't anywhere close to breaking even.

Weird how other clubs can spend money willy-nilly but we and we alone need to bring in £20mill a season in player sales just to 'cover the costs' ain't it?

The issue we will always face is any transfer fee brought in now will just disappear into the black hole that is our operating costs we aren't anywhere close to breaking even. So any sale will just go towards bridging that gap with probably only the wages being re made available.

No owner would invest the money back into there club when is post losses in the tens of millions.

Exactly we are where we are but people suggesting that the money will be reinvested just isn't true.

When city paid 50 million for sterling but Leicester go on to win the league with a team of seemingly mediocre players i think the whole transfer system has gone to pot and needs to be fundamentally changed. Personally id have a transfer cap at say 25 mill and a salary cap at say 75k, but something like that would only work if every league in the world signed up for it.

Why do you defend/accept everything Venkyscum have done/do ?

He believes it because he wants it to be true not because it is.

I would be really surprised if we were paying loan fees for any of them. None were anywhere near their respective first teams so pretty much surplus to requirements. I would imagine that their clubs were pleased to save part of their wages.

It was said at the time we were paying around a third, no way would it have been done anywhere near those figures. Not sure about loan fees but as you've said their club wanted them off so the deal swinger would be we offer to take them and put them in the shop window on a weekly basis.

No point trying to get it through to that chap though because he'll believe what he wants.

Why do you defend/accept everything Venkyscum have done/do ?

I havent.

I tried to suggest where the Rhodes money might have gone that is all.

Accept? I have told you before what I think of them. Im not going to keep going around in circles discussing the same topics all of the time.

This is the Transfer thread.

Weird how other clubs can spend money willy-nilly but we and we alone need to bring in £20mill a season in player sales just to 'cover the costs' ain't I

I don't think most clubs do spend willy nilly the ones that do are getting 20k plus through the gates , we don't we will be lucky to break 10k with home fans next season, if we were getting 18/19k the money argument would hold more water we don't. We have eye watering losses when the clubs this dumbed down throwing more money at it isn't going to solve the problem also most of these clubs haven't had the inept mismanagement we have had.

Archived