BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

They've been shelling out on contracts for signings so he'll have to go to pay for it plus wherever else the money squirrels to. It'll be a dressed up figure ala Scott Dann to Rovers or an undisclosed fee 'in the region of' ala Dann from Rovers.

No decent offers will be refused these days.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I alone in thinking that Coyle could be Kean Mk II. I get the feeling that he's going to be very influential around the place, won't have a problem cosying up to Madam, has a thick skin with a fair bit of delusion thrown in and will happily do all the TV and publicity needed as he knows he's lucky to have the job.

Hope I'm wrong but I think this could run and run.

Keans fundamental flaw was that he was and is always likely to be a god awful manager in every department of football management, if he had shown in his first 6months that he had something about him then a lot of the other stuff would have been brushed aside, where as coyle has on occasions proven to be pretty good,although admittedly he's slipped a fair bit in recent years but i think theres still a chance his career will get a second wind.

There's too many on here that sound like they are as good as wishing him to fail, which will not help anybody.

Cant see Rovers selling Hanley for 4 mil plus add ons.

I want 7 or 8 mil for him at least. Newcastle have money so either pay up or shut up.

You have no say in it though. I want all sorts of things but I know I won't get them. We won't get 7 million for Hanley.

I want 7 or 8 mil for him at least. Newcastle have money so either pay up or shut up.

Well we can argue over the price, but will any of these funds be put back into the squad?

Rhodes was sold, posters thought the funds would be reinvested, hasn't happened, manager walks and we're worse off for it.

We just keep going round and round on the same roundabout becoming weaker as a club with each passing season.

I fear this ride leads to league 1

Since when did they care what the fans want? It's all about the loons from Pune.

Why does it matter if it's 4 mil 8 mil or 100 mil?? I can't see Venkys reinvesting any of it. The gradual or not so gradual dumbing down of our squad continues.

Newcastle may want Hanley, but does Hanley want Newcastle. Quote from the Lad at the end of last season:

“Since we came down into the Championship that’s always been the aim and the dream (to get back to the Premier League).

“We’ll regroup again this summer, have some time off, then come back and work hard to prepare for next year.

“I love this club and that’s not going to change. I’ve been here since I was a young boy and every day I come in and work as hard as I possibly can, and every time I go on that pitch I fight for this club and give everything I’ve got.

“That’ll never change. Unless I’m told otherwise I’ll continue to give 110 per cent for this club.”

Well we can argue over the price, but will any of these funds be put back into the squad?

Rhodes was sold, posters thought the funds would be reinvested, hasn't happened, manager walks and we're worse off for it.

We just keep going round and round on the same roundabout becoming weaker as a club with each passing season.

I fear this ride leads to league 1

Hanley still got 3 years left on his Rovers contract.

Rhodes money? Didnt we bring in Graham, Gomez, Grimes, Ward, Bennett, Watt in January Gav? Is this where the Rhodes went?

Theres something deep inside me that wants to see what Newcastle City Centre would do to Hanley. He's a decent enough defender and that, but just imagine what a city full of cheap beer, @#/? food and loose women would do to him. He's got a bad enough rep around the Ribble Valley and you struggle to get a drink past 1AM - just imagine what would happen in Newcastle where taxi's dont even start work til 4AM.

Newcastle may want Hanley, but does Hanley want Newcastle. Quote from the Lad at the end of last season:

Since we came down into the Championship thats always been the aim and the dream (to get back to the Premier League).

Well regroup again this summer, have some time off, then come back and work hard to prepare for next year.

I love this club and thats not going to change. Ive been here since I was a young boy and every day I come in and work as hard as I possibly can, and every time I go on that pitch I fight for this club and give everything Ive got.

Thatll never change. Unless Im told otherwise Ill continue to give 110 per cent for this club.

Operative words, until I'm told otherwise. They'll tell him they want him to go if the money's right. He won't be the first to be eased out

Since we came down into the Championship thats always been the aim and the dream (to get back to the Premier League).

Well regroup again this summer, have some time off, then come back and work hard to prepare for next year.

I love this club and thats not going to change. Ive been here since I was a young boy and every day I come in and work as hard as I possibly can, and every time I go on that pitch I fight for this club and give everything Ive got.

Thatll never change. Unless Im told otherwise Ill continue to give 110 per cent for this club.

and what did shearer say

We won't get 7 million for Hanley.

Funnily enough gumboots I would say that holding out for a fair price is one of the few areas that the club has actually done okay in over the past few years. If Hanley still has a couple of years left on his contract I think we actually could get somewhere near £7 million for him.

I don't dispute that it is an academic argument in respect of whether we would reinvest that into the playing squad, don't get me wrong, but we've got a decent price (in my opinion) with a few outgoing transfers. Samba, Dann, Jones, Rhodes, Cairney etc

Everything else is still sheeyyiiitteee though.

Rhodes money? Didnt we bring in Graham, Gomez, Grimes, Ward, Bennett, Watt in January Gav? Is this where the Rhodes money went?

No

VENKYS COULD EAT THE Rovers Fans KIDS AND THEY WOULD STILL SAY ITS FOR THE GOOD OF THE CLUB.

It's going to save us money on season tickets if they eat our children, not to mention all the messing about with uniforms etc

They've eaten our son, they've eaten our son..

Long live the Venkys, they've eaten our son.

Rhodes money? Didnt we bring in Graham, Gomez, Grimes, Ward, Bennett, Watt in January Gav? Is this where the Rhodes went?

I think when people talk about reinvesting the Rhodes money they mean on transfer fees. Aside from small fees for Bennett and Ward the others will have been wages only and I would be surprised if we were paying the full wages of Graham and Gomez. I don't think what we were paying in wages for that group would have been that more that what Rhodes was earning.

I think when people talk about reinvesting the Rhodes money they mean on transfer fees. Aside from small fees for Bennett and Ward the others will have been wages only and I would be surprised if we were paying the full wages of Graham and Gomez. I don't think what we were paying in wages for that group would have been that more that what Rhodes was earning.

Wouldnt we paid loan fees for Watt, Graham and Gomez?

Wasnt Gomez and Graham wages 35k a week at Sunderland? so very unsure how much we was paying.

Seriously Chaddy? I'm not a doom merchant but even if you look at the squad from 2 years ago it is a massive come down on wages. Lots of fees gained none splashed out. Cairney, Rhodes, Gestede plus others all out, freebies in.

Even if you believe Venkys have the best interests of the club at heart then their plan appears to be stumble across a winning formula and gain promotion a la Dingles.

Please don't tell me they are investing all monies taken back into the squad because they aren't.

Wasnt Gomez and Graham wages 35k a week at Sunderland? so very unsure how much we was paying.

I would be really surprised if we were paying loan fees for any of them. None were anywhere near their respective first teams so pretty much surplus to requirements. I would imagine that their clubs were pleased to save part of their wages.

Don't forget we sold Ollsson for a tidy 1 million, that alone would take care of Ward and Bennett. The Rhodes money was trousered, simple as that - hence the departure of Myers and Lambert.

• Backroom

I have no comments to make as I get banned for the slightest remark by our message board Gestapo

You get banned because you constantly comment on posters instead of content, let's have it right.

Newcastle will be awash with parachute cash, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did tbh. Transfer fees have gone wild again, Bournemouth have had a £15m bid for Jordon Ibe accepted in the last few days.... :huh:

...and a £9 million bid for Leeds's Cook, apparently. Still, any officially disclosed transfer sums these days is likely to drastically doctored to fit the agenda of the clubs involved, so grain of salt and all that.

Why do you defend/accept everything Venkyscum have done/do ?

No absolutely not, with each passing day you read Coyles comments about players, Stewart and Irvine, its straight out of king rats play book, they obviously went to the same PR school.

But all that matters for us is results on the pitch, so I'm trying very hard to ignore his bullsh1t, and most of it is bullsh1t by the way, but he'll live and die by results.

I can hear him now blaming player sales for the poor start to the season, hope I'm wrong.

This is spot on. Most managers come out with drivel, but you accept/ignore it if you are winning. If Kean had come out with Jose's comments on him bringing through 48 youngsters we would have laughed him out of town, Jose claimed one lad who booted the ball back after it went over the wall.

On Hanley, we seem to take pride now in saying "He won't be going for cheap", it's similar to people congratulating our owners for getting £16 million for Jones. I remember the days when we used to pinch other teams players.

Not quite as simple as that. Hanley can force through a move and lower the price.

Hope not, three of them don't play for us anymore.

Archived