BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

Graham has already said why he join us. He said he loved his time here and the fans were amazing to him.

Werent Preston and Birmingham after him but choose here. Not sure about the Celtic story. Maybe Rodgers wanted him but Celtic didnt want to pay his wages given there is no resell value.

Well if you buy that line as to the reason he signed Chaddy my mates got a bridge for sale over the Thames.

He probably signed for the money, took the best offer, most players wouldn't have been seen for dust in race between us and Celtic, so i don't think he had that option.

But anyway he's here, we're all happy about that.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No bid has been made yet. Let's not declare the end of the world until we have official confirmation of a bid at least. For all we know Blackburn could tell em where to go - if they don't I suspect the bid will be too much to refuse and ultimately we'd have had the better part of the deal.

You might want to start referring to us as ROVERS if your beating the togetherness drum. Makes you sound like an outsider although I'm sure your here for the 'betterment' (interesting word, when did we last hear that ) B):lol:

No bid has been made yet. Let's not declare the end of the world until we have official confirmation of a bid at least. For all we know Blackburn could tell em where to go - if they don't I suspect the bid will be too much to refuse and ultimately we'd have had the better part of the deal.

THATS TWICE YOU HAVE CALLED US BLACKBURN ...ME SMELLS A TROLL

You might want to start referring to us as ROVERS if your beating the togetherness drum. Makes you sound like an outsider although I'm sure your here for the 'betterment' (interesting word, when did we last hear that ) B):lol:

HA great minds

The FACT of the matter is that the club is losing money hand over fist. It doesn't matter who is in charge, this fact would remain. I can't remember who but a decent itk on here said a few weeks ago that he didn't expect Hanley to be here next season....

If the club need to continue to sell to keep our heads above water then as much as I dislike it I'd say sell Grant. Especially for anything above £7m. Ward and Duffy are decent enough starters. Give Duffy captains armband and move on.

Best we can hope for is £2-3m to reinvest. I'd personally give a fit Broen his one year contract, have him and Duffy starting with Ward and Wharton backing him up. I'd then use the money to buy some quality further up the pitch...

• Moderation Lead

The FACT of the matter is that the club is losing money hand over fist. It doesn't matter who is in charge, this fact would remain. I can't remember who but a decent itk on here said a few weeks ago that he didn't expect Hanley to be here next season....

If the club need to continue to sell to keep our heads above water then as much as I dislike it I'd say sell Grant. Especially for anything above £7m. Ward and Duffy are decent enough starters. Give Duffy captains armband and move on.

Best we can hope for is £2-3m to reinvest. I'd personally give a fit Broen his one year contract, have him and Duffy starting with Ward and Wharton backing him up. I'd then use the money to buy some quality further up the pitch...

Problem is though mate, we won't get the money to invest, will we?

I don't like to be a doom and gloom merchant, but Venky's caused these financial issues and it should be them that sort it out!!

After 20 mill worth of sales already in the last 12 months plus a huge wage and many others cut adrift it shouldn't still be losing anything like it was.

The opportunity is now ripe to cash in on what they can and plug the gaps with whatever they can just foist wages on rather than re-investment in fees. Don't dress it up as anything else, if the situation was still so dire they wouldn't have sanctioned wages for Graham !!!

So why did they completely ignore the Seneca bid?

Ha, really? Grow up. Blackburn, Rovers, BRFC, the club - all means the same thing. Get over it.

Graham was told he wouldn't be first choice at Celtic and so came to Rovers where he would be. At this stage of his career it is the better option.

We would be foolish not to cash in on 6+mil for Hanley. However, as said I think he owes us at least another season, if he is good enough they will still come calling. Nixon has said he wouldn't be allowed to go unless it was a 'daft offer and a suitable replacement lined up'. Sounds good to me.

I am sure some will find fault with this line of thinking though, as always.

Hand the club back into Blackburn hands instead of selling our assets.

Ha, really? Grow up. Blackburn, Rovers, BRFC, the club - all means the same thing. Get over it.

Graham was told he wouldn't be first choice at Celtic and so came to Rovers where he would be. At this stage of his career it is the better option.

We would be foolish not to cash in on 6+mil for Hanley. However, as said I think he owes us at least another season, if he is good enough they will still come calling. Nixon has said he wouldn't be allowed to go unless it was a 'daft offer and a suitable replacement lined up'. Sounds good to me.

He calls himself 'dreams of 95' then tells me to grow up, ha, be surprised if you were born then. More like that's only thing you could think of in regards to 'Blackburn' before you decided to offer us your wisdom again.

How come you only turn up at transfer window time ? That's if you can answer without getting childish.

He calls himself 'dreams of 95' then tells me to grow up, ha, be surprised if you were born then. More like that's only thing you could think of in regards to 'Blackburn' before you decided to offer us your wisdom again.

How come you only turn up at transfer window time ? That's if you can answer without getting childish.

There's only really one person being childish around here. Straight away you've gone to calling me an outsider, for referring to us as Blackburn (slightly worried about your rationality for that one), now you're going at my choice of name and possible age. Stop speculating about how old I am and start thinking rationally - that way you'll stop looking like an idiot.

And I am a busy man. I am young, yes, and as such I spend a bit of time travelling, most of the time working several jobs and don't have the time to post on here consistently. I post when I want to to post, as hard as they may be for you to believe.

Now, as said, grow up please.

There's only really one person being childish around here. Straight away you've gone to calling me an outsider, for referring to us as Blackburn (slightly worried about your rationality for that one), now you're going at my choice of name and possible age. Stop speculating about how old I am and start thinking rationally - that way you'll stop looking like an idiot.

And I am a busy man. I am young, yes, and as such I spend a bit of time travelling, most of the time working several jobs and don't have the time to post on here consistently. I post when I want to to post, as hard as they may be for you to believe.

Now, as said, grow up please.

Sussed :lol:

Nixon hasn't a bloody clue. Coyle might not want to sell Hanley unless a daft offer is made and he has a suitable replacement lined up, but that isn't up to him, is it?

If Venky's receive a bid they're happy with, he'll be off. Simple really.

Nixon hasn't a bloody clue. Coyle might not want to sell Hanley unless a daft offer is made and he has a suitable replacement lined up, but that isn't up to him, is it?

If Venky's receive a bid they're happy with, he'll be off. Simple really.

He seems in the know lately. We all know he is friends with Coyle and I assume he has the inside line. I'm pretty sure Coyle's son has even said that Nixon is the first port of call for anything Rovers related atm.

Either way what he has said has been confirmed by the LT. No bid has been made.

He seems in the know lately. We all know he is friends with Coyle and I assume he has the inside line. I'm pretty sure Coyle's son has even said that Nixon is the first port of call for anything Rovers related atm.

exactly.

Nixon and Coyle are very good friends and he does have the inside line on everything Rovers wise

He might know about Coyle's targets, but he doesn't know what the Venky's are thinking. Look what happened with Cairney; if the money is there Venky's will sell.

Well if you buy that line as to the reason he signed Chaddy my mates got a bridge for sale over the Thames.

He probably signed for the money, took the best offer, most players wouldn't have been seen for dust in race between us and Celtic, so i don't think he had that option.

But anyway he's here, we're all happy about that.

From what I'm told he could be on almost as much as what what Rhodes was earning.

exactly.

Nixon and Coyle are very good friends and he does have the inside line on everything Rovers wise

Read my above reply, chadster. Everything? I wouldn't be so sure. Does Nixon have an inside line to the Venky's? IF a bid comes in, it won't be up to Coyle whether it's accepted or not.

He might know about Coyle's targets, but he doesn't know what the Venky's are thinking. Look what happened with Cairney; if the money is there Venky's will sell.

True. They do have a reputation of selling to cover the costs of bringing some in. As said by another poster, it's a shame that the Venky's faults and financial mismanagement is being fixed by the sale of our assets as opposed to by themselves.

Hopefully Hanley is another player that gets wooed by Coyle's talk. It would be a nice mix to have Coyle's attacking play and the defenders that have had Lamberts/Irvines defensive coaching too. Duffy and Hanley were excellent together last year, can't help but feel if one goes the other will too.

Wheelcock's "source" is probably Nicko too to be honest.

You mustn't have witnessed the last 6 years if you think any money from a Hanley sale is going to be reinvested. Why do you think Wes Brown is here? Another step on the road to league 1 if it happens. Watch for news of bids for Marshal once ST deadline has passed too.

Problem is though mate, we won't get the money to invest, will we?

I don't like to be a doom and gloom merchant, but Venky's caused these financial issues and it should be them that sort it out!!

I can't disagree with the sentiment, but out of curiosity, what do you have in mind when you say they should "sort it out"?

Archived