BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Admittedly Bridcutt isn't a bad player but he will be on big wages and we have enough midfielders.Surely strikers and full backs should be the priority

Matty Derbs and Gally would come back in an instance its a pity they haven't been approached by Rovers.

Admittedly Bridcutt isn't a bad player but he will be on big wages and we have enough midfielders.Surely strikers and full backs should be the priority

But what we dont have is enough centre midfielders with quality... Bridcutt is a good player, tenacious and can play.

But what we dont have is enough centre midfielders with quality... Bridcutt is a good player, tenacious and can play.

We have Evans and Lenihan who are good enough..

Byrne is unknown at this level

Lowe ok but prefer him at right back

Akpan is decent but we could do better.

Hardcastle is good young player but can he step up?

O'Sullivan could do a job there

We could do with 1 more but I think we need a left back and 2 striker 1st

Now we are raising the bar rigger but don't tell me that Liamm @#/? Feeney is any better please.

No what I am saying is that we had both of them in their prime and got rid of them , why would we want them in their decline?

Now we are raising the bar rigger but don't tell me that Liamm @#/? Feeney is any better please.

Id say that derbyshire, Gallagher and feeney are actually all about the same level of quality(though obviously feeneys a winger and the other two are mainly centre forwards) they're all reasonable championship squad players, But Graham is thrice the player either of them are and stokes and byrne could easily be at least twice as good.

No what I am saying is that we had both of them in their prime and got rid of them , why would we want them in their decline?

Maybe something to do with the complete difference in the quality we have now. Both would be good additions to this squad now although Derbs has gone abroad so you can rest easy on that.

We have Evans and Lenihan who are good enough..

Byrne is unknown at this level

Lowe ok but prefer him at right back

Akpan is decent but we could do better.

Hardcastle is good young player but can he step up

O'Sullivan could do a job there

. Don't forget Guthrie,lol,he might surprise us keep fit and get a few games in....

Id say that derbyshire, Gallagher and feeney are actually all about the same level of quality(though obviously feeneys a winger and the other two are mainly centre forwards) they're all reasonable championship squad players, But Graham is thrice the player either of them are and stokes and byrne could easily be at least twice as good.

I don't think Byrne will be much different to Lawrence or the other lad we had after him at this moment ion time. Good in patches, way out his depth in others, he's a raw kid.

You would say that because your TJ Hooker !

Derbs is a goal poacher set him up and the probabilities are he'll put more than a few away. Gally will set them up also plus put a few away. From what I've seen of Liam @#/? Feeney is he does both on a far less frequency than Derbs or Gally with Derbs and Gally being are our own .......unlike Feeney.

Maybe something to do with the complete difference in the quality we have now. Both would be good additions to this squad now although Derbs has gone abroad so you can rest easy on that.

It's not a case of resting easy, Derbs has gone to Cyprus to play for a team on a par with Great Harwood, which is the level he came from. He is no where near the Rovers

It's not a case of resting easy, Derbs has gone to Cyprus to play for a team on a par with Great Harwood, which is the level he came from. He is no where near the Rovers

Obviously a different guy who played for Rotherham then....

Matty asked Bowyer last season away at Rotherham if he could sign him Bowyer replied that he couldn't afford him at the time.

I'm dammed if Matty couldn't be a very good third striker at Rovers in this current moment. Lads who want to play for the club ignored for another agency's bitch. They know Matty and Gally would play for the shirt and probably put their men out of place.

Derbs is a goal poacher set him up and the probabilities are he'll put more than a few away. Gally will set them up also plus put a few away. From what I've seen of Liam @#/? Feeney is he does both on a far less frequency than Derbs or Gally with Derbs and Gally being are our own .......unlike Feeney.

right, because they've both scored and created bundles at their numerous past clubs, your "goal poacher" rarely scores more than 8 a season.

although i do actually have a soft spot for Gally and wouldn't mind him in the squad, derbyshire on the other hand ive never really liked, he's seems like a total mercenary that just chucks a tantrum and pushes for a move every time he's left out of the team(and he's a little rat faced @#/?, i suppose that's irrelevant though)

maybe bowyer was just trying to let him down gently

Shouldn't say this but Matty asked Bowyer last season away at Rotherham if he could sign him Bowyer replied that he couldn't afford him at the time.

I'm dammed if Matty couldn't be a very good third striker at Rovers in this current moment. Lads who want to play for the club ignored for another agency's bitch. They know Matty and Gally would play for the shirt and probably put their men out of place.

We are obviously never going to agree on this, but in my opinion neither are good enough for the Rovers. If they were the standard of players we were aiming for, I think I would be getting tickets for Aberdeen, instead of getting back when I can.

But your opinion is your own.

We are obviously never going to agree on this, but in my opinion neither are good enough for the Rovers. If they where the standard of players we where aiming for, I think I would be getting tickets for Aberdeen, instead of getting back when I can.

But your opinion is your own.

No problem but how can you accept Liam Feeney who has been far worse than the two local lads ever where.

No problem but how can you accept Liam Feeney who has been far worse than the two local lads ever where.

Can you point out in any of my post's, where I have made any opinion on Liam Feeney. I think you will find that all I said was that I didn't think the two players mentioned where good enough for the Rovers

Can you point out in any of my post's, where I have made any opinion on Liam Feeney. I think you will find that all I said was that I didn't think the two players mentioned where good enough for the Rovers

Rigger my aplogies seems it was another poster.

The link below shows that Liam Feeney had one more assist than Gally last season, despite playing for the bottom of the league team for the majority of the season. Obviously I am aware he didn't show anywhere near enough in his limited time with us a couple of seasons ago.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/english-league-championship/24/statistics/assists

Edit - Feeney one more goal than Gally as well. Quite suprising.

He's a bell he couldn't make wigans play off with qpr due to a brush with the law the night before

As far as Gomez is Concerned heard Sunderland are willing to pay up his remaining 12 month contract.. He's Allright when the suns shining and your winning 2 nil not for a battle at barnsley on a cold Tues evening

Not sure I want Powell. In all honesty I'd prob take Gomez for the right money. He needs to be motivated but is better technically than everything else we have.

Love the Bridcutt one...

Archived