BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

I think you're over thinking it blueboy, we have no 'long game' how can we with no continuity, staff retention etc?

The squads been destroyed over recent years, lacking in numbers and quality, so getting anyone in is a bonus, we need to have a side to take the pitch come August.

Coyle may stay for a number of years. He may have a transfer policy that includes getting in young lads on loan that are entering the last year of their contracts and then putting in a low offer in Jan to get them on the cheap. It happens.

Everyone knows the squad has been destroyed. It isn't relevant to the point i was making. It's about what happens from now.

Getting the right players in is a bonus, NOT just getting anyone. I hope Coyle puts a lot more thought into it than that. His signings so far suggest he is.

There's already a side to take the pitch come August, and not a bad one as long as our Centre Halfs aren't sold.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coyle may stay for a number of years. He may have a transfer policy that includes getting in young lads on loan that are entering the last year of their contracts and then putting in a low offer in Jan to get them on the cheap. It happens.

Everyone knows the squad has been destroyed. It isn't relevant to the point i was making. It's about what happens from now.

Getting the right players in is a bonus, NOT just getting anyone. I hope Coyle puts a lot more thought into it than that. His signings so far suggest he is.

There's already a side to take the pitch come August, and not a bad one as long as our Centre Halfs aren't sold.

I quite simply cannot see any evidence to support the theory 3333.

But I tell you what, I hope you're right, I really do.

But like Abbey, I think he'll be gone sooner rather than later because his record suggests he's out of his depth.

I quite simply cannot see any evidence to support the theory 3333.

But I tell you what, I hope you're right, I really do.

But like Abbey, I think he'll be gone sooner rather than later because his record suggests he's out of his depth.

Well if we do get relegated, he'll have probably found his level...

I honestly think whether we sign a right-back will depend on whether Marshall leaves. Marshall, Lowe, Henley, Nyambe. Imagine it's not a priority (though it should be).

Northern Irish striker Magennis was a goalkeeper up until he was 18!

When Shearer went for a trial at Newcastle, they stuck him in goal!

Yes, you'd hope the club are playing the long game on these loan deals for the young lads from the Prem. Get em in and then hope they will sign permanently once their parent club no longer need them/contracts are up. Graham was obviously impressed enough with the set-up to want to come back, regardless of the manager.

I cannot see any evidence of a long game at Ewood(off the pitch anyway).

More like existing from week to week and winging it.

Coyle is praising Marshall on LET today. As he doesn't sign the extension this sounds like the sale talk. Marshall is hardly getting interest from PL but our rivals should be willing to pay seven figures. As he is on last 12 months is £2M best we can get.

Sell young proven Ben Marshall to be replaced by an ageing struggling Liam Feeney ...... who in their right minds would buy a season ticket right now with such uncertainty.

Sell young proven Ben Marshall to be replaced by an ageing struggling Liam Feeney ...... who in their right minds would buy a season ticket right now with such uncertainty.

Supporters?

Don't know about you Jal but I've never bought a season ticket based on signings...

Signings, or lack of them, has never really come into the decision to buy a season ticket. If it did I would have stopped buying them about 40 years ago!

N

never bothered me ,but what bothers me is condoning EVERYTHING the scum and scum partners have done to our club and I've seen the light. Even the appointment of chimp head is a two fingered salute from India.

Don't know about you Jal but I've never bought a season ticket based on signings...

Thousands have done in the past Jbizzle and definitely will do again.

I remember half season tickets going through the roof when we signed Steve Archibald from Barca and Ardiles.

N

never bothered me ,but what bothers me is condoning EVERYTHING the scum and scum partners have done to our club and I've seen the light. Even the appointment of chimp head is a two fingered salute from India.

Lambert and Coyle have both been promoted from this division on a shoestring. There is no logical reason why ether would do it again but Venky's seem to think it's possible. That's their manager recruitment policy. It hasn't changed from when you last had a season ticket.

No conspiracy, no ulterior motives, just an ex-dingle who is probably cheap to hire and who once got promoted about 6 years ago, the same as Lambert, and who once had connections to SEM but now apparently doesn't. Lambert praised the owners when he left, Coyle will undoubtedly praise them at some point also.

Not much has changed.

Signings, or lack of them, has never really come into the decision to buy a season ticket. If it did I would have stopped buying them about 40 years ago!

Parsons your the bedrock of all Blackburn Rovers supporters wouldn't expect you say anything different through your devotion but it shouldn't encourage the rest of the fan base to follow the deceit, mistrust and incompetents of today's Blackburn Rovers management team should it ?

Supporters?

Fair enough Jbizzle but the clubs trying to sell the signings with a let's succeed together slogan whilst the transfer to and from haven't been concluded for the season ahead.

Put this up against the current lies and deceit with a failed manager in charge.

We need supporters there has to be supporters of Rovers but we don't need to many at this moment in time.

Tell you what the sections of the crowds where you, abby and the like sit are going to be much more pleasant without you, you will not be missed at all.

You sound like Owen Coyle or an Indian 'G'!

So just ignore his last 3 failures ?

Once had SEM connections er he's never heard of them .

Well, if you put it like that!

I'm not sure how much of a failure his Bolton record was. Did he not have them finish 14th in his 1st season. They then went down on the last day the following season. How much money they had to spend i don't know.

Wigan and Houston were failures.

He might do well at Rovers.

Past records don't count for a lot. Few managers do well at every club. Most do well at only one and then do ok-ish elsewhere. They keep getting hired cos of their one succesful stint. Hence Lambert and Coyle keep getting jobs.

I loved Don Mackay, he never did much of anything elsewhere.

Coyle's lie about SEM was bizarre. Did he lie because he's still associated with them or because he didn't want his past dealings with them being brought up for fear of the inevitable grief and accusations? If it was the former i wouldn't have renewed, and if it transpires he's just the new puppet a la Kean then i'll personally ram my ST card down his cheating throat. If it's the latter and he isn't connected with them in any way then it's time to forgive and forget. He's never cheated Rovers, he just used to be represented by a company that very well may have done to the tune of tens of millions.

Like i say, not much has changed. We've just hired another manager with an average record, but with a bit more negative baggage than most as far as Rovers are concerned.

I don't think much of Coyle, never have, think he's a bit OTT with the positivity, and a touch disingenuos to say the least. But i stuck out last season and that was pitiful from start to finish with some of the worst football i've ever seen at Ewood, and with a relentless doom monger and peddler of BS in charge. Or two relentless doom mongers if some of Gaz's interviews are anything to go by.

I hope this season is a vast improvement.

Anyway, this is the transfer thread so apologies for banging on. The mods can move the relevant post to the 'renewal thread' if they want/can be arsed.

Supporters?

And nor should it and shows commitment without regard - however this is totally different to goings on of what is happening now

Tell you what the sections of the crowds where you, abby and the like sit are going to be much more pleasant without you, you will not be missed at all.

Stop making stuff up!

You have no idea about me , you have no idea where I sit and you most certainly have no idea if I will be missed or not.

I am trying hard to ignore you but when you post made up stuff about me then I will respond. Just like your made up outburst yesterday about me .

Put up FACTS you actually know or stop slandering .

oh and do tell me who "the like " are.

Archived