BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard things regarding his attitude, don't want to make him out as a bad lad, just what I've heard.

I know Willem well enough to say hello if I see him, never had an attitude problem and he was very much a late bloomer in terms of his footballing ability. Think he does go out down Burnley now and then as I've seen him out a couple of times, don't think anyone who knows him would have a bad word too say about him attitude wise.

Heard things regarding his attitude, don't want to make him out as a bad lad, just what I've heard.

Tomlinson had a very indifferent season last year. Started well in pre-season, went off badly after that and only started to find his form late in the season. He looked a long way off the first team for much of last season. The same with Nyambe. Hopefully, both will be better this time out.

Tomlinson had a very indifferent season last year. Started well in pre-season, went off badly after that and only started to find his form late in the season. He looked a long way off the first team for much of last season. The same with Nyambe. Hopefully, both will be better this time out.

Thanks Parson.

• Backroom

Sums up a lot that's wrong with the modern game

Young lads make a breakthrough and think they have made it, contracts worth thousands a week and bentleys in their garages!

I know Willem well enough to say hello if I see him, never had an attitude problem and he was very much a late bloomer in terms of his footballing ability. Think he does go out down Burnley now and then as I've seen him out a couple of times, don't think anyone who knows him would have a bad word too say about him attitude wise.

Thats reassuring then, good to hear, hope he cracks om amd becomes a player for us, looked decent last pre season.

If thats the case then a loan out somewhere sounds the ideal solution... To many of these young players that show signs of promise seem to stagnate at youth team level... There's only so much they can learn in my view.

I was reading the wiki pages of the new signings. Anthony Stokes was born in Dublin, Ireland as Anthony Byrne until adopted by his aunt and uncle. Is he any relation to our loan signing, Jack Byrne also born in Dublin, Ireland?

You proud of it or got tourettes?

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14595590.-/

The fact that Coyle says he's in for a keeper and doesn't want just squaddies fills me with a bit of comfort... I'd feel a ton better about this season with a better keeper than Steele.

It read to me more like that he wanted a 3rd keeper as all teams need 3 keepers in case of injuries etc. Shame, as I totally agree with you that we need a better keeper than Steele.

Pleased to see that Coyle is looking to bring in 2 or 3 players from the under 21's this season.

I think Mahoney, Nyambe, Wharton and Hardcastle should be in and around the first team squad. we need to be bring through the youth now!

... or could be more likely he doesn't have anybody else at the moment

It read to me more like that he wanted a 3rd keeper as all teams need 3 keepers in case of injuries etc. Shame, as I totally agree with you that we need a better keeper than Steele.

Yeah me too, hopefully we'll end up with someone better than Steele... Not difficult.

Raya looks a big unit in that picture, id like to see him get another chance soon

Should have done a loan somewhere last season to get into the groove after his indifferent stint early on. I'm just not convinced with this guy his reputation was better than his ability at first team level. Should have been learning the ropes somewhere else ready to come back and stake a claim. Hope there isn't a touch of the Henley's about him.

Big season for Adam Henley I would have thought. Something not quite right with that lad.

A contract that outweighed his ability and experience awarded too soon by Kean and Co. No surprise there but it went to his head he was just another who thought he'd made it at a time he should still have been learning.

Sums up a lot that's wrong with the modern game

Young lads make a breakthrough and think they have made it, contracts worth thousands a week and bentleys in their garages!

Absolutely Tom. Wonder if this played a part in not having the likes of Lewis Mansel on the bench as opposed to the completely useless Christopher Brown.

Does anybody know if Wes brown has travelled to austria with the squad?

Can you imagine Wes and big Shane at the back sitting there waiting for one of them to cock up surrounded by empty seats out numbered by the away supporters who go delerious in their celebration which they will .

We'll need a good goalie then.

Coyle out before its too late!

Archived