BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

From what I'm told he could be on almost as much as what what Rhodes was earning.

Rhodes was on around £40k a week, Graham was on £35k at Sunderland, I'd be astounded if he's earning anywhere near what he was on at Sunderland Neal.

But I did hear Stokes was earning £18k a week, which is madness for a very average striker, so who knows.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't disagree with the sentiment, but out of curiosity, what do you have in mind when you say they should "sort it out"?

Isn't FFP a loss of £39m over 3 years now? Splash some cash and get the squad up to scratch this Summer and it will only need minor tweaking the following years. As GBo once said, give it a right good go. It only needs a scabby promotion over the next 3 years and problem all but solved.

Wheelcock's "source" is probably Nicko too to be honest.

You mustn't have witnessed the last 6 years if you think any money from a Hanley sale is going to be reinvested. Why do you think Wes Brown is here? Another step on the road to league 1 if it happens. Watch for news of bids for Marshal once ST deadline has passed too.

He was laughable on twitter posting everything a good 5 mins after the official Rovers account, many other tweeters and of course on here.

Seems he's just there to pass on old news.

Rhodes was on around £40k a week, Graham was on £35k at Sunderland, I'd be astounded if he's earning anywhere near what he was on at Sunderland Neal.

But I did hear Stokes was earning £18k a week, which is madness for a very average striker, so who knows.

I was shocked when I was told, I stillfind it difficult to believehe could be being paid as much as that.

He seems in the know lately. We all know he is friends with Coyle and I assume he has the inside line. I'm pretty sure Coyle's son has even said that Nixon is the first port of call for anything Rovers related atm.

Either way what he has said has been confirmed by the LT. No bid has been made.

Chimp head's son is an arsehole

exactly.

Nixon and Coyle are very good friends and he does have the inside line on everything Rovers wise

Sir Alan of Chadwick

He seems in the know lately. We all know he is friends with Coyle and I assume he has the inside line. I'm pretty sure Coyle's son has even said that Nixon is the first port of call for anything Rovers related atm.

Either way what he has said has been confirmed by the LT. No bid has been made.

Foolish not to cash in on Grant ? What sort of fan are you ?

Selling the best players rather than building a successful team ...on your bike young fella along with rest of the shower that pollutes our club.

You might want to start referring to us as ROVERS if your beating the togetherness drum. Makes you sound like an outsider although I'm sure your here for the 'betterment' (interesting word, when did we last hear that ) B):lol:

Blackburn born and bred.First game when I was 8yrs old and 44 yrs later I still refer to us as Blackburn. Why anyone should have a problem with that is beyond me. Rovers? Doncaster? Bristol? Tranmere? Oh and "betterment" is a grown up word. Used in circles by people who have a broad vocabulary Give it a try or do you still say choo choo and baa lamb?

Selling the best players rather than building a successful team ...on your bike young fella along with rest of the shower that pollutes our club.

You can't really preach about a lack of ambition. You want us to sign two Rovers rejects in Derbs & Gallagher.

Believe me pal I would much rather him stay. However, football is a business nowadays and the days of players staying at a club through thick and thin are over. If the predictions of many doomsayers on here are correct and relegation is a possibility then if we don't cash in on a probable silly bid by Newcastle then we could end up regretting it next year. Or it could go another way and we could give him another year, he has a fantastic season and next summer we get an even higher bid. Football is unpredictable now which is why clubs in our position often choose to cash in on players when they can.

Thankyou Otto man. I suspect though his problem is not with what I call the club or my vocabulary but with my opinions. You can't argue with people like that.

Don't understand the constant aggression on here. It's all just opinion. If the money is right then every player has their price. What we do with the money is a seperate issue.

Don't accept the idea that Venkys can't do what they want though. It's their money and as far as any decisions their club. I know it hurts like hell but they don't need to do anything.

You can't really preach about a lack of ambition. You want us to sign two Rovers rejects in Derbs & Gallagher.

It's just they are more Rovers and as good as the ones we are signing, point taken just want more of a local feel about todays Rovers.

Problem is though mate, we won't get the money to invest, will we?

I don't like to be a doom and gloom merchant, but Venky's caused these financial issues and it should be them that sort it out!!

You're prob right about not getting the money mate.

Don't understand the constant aggression on here. It's all just opinion. If the money is right then every player has their price. What we do with the money is a seperate issue.

Don't accept the idea that Venkys can't do what they want though. It's their money and as far as any decisions their club. I know it hurts like hell but they don't need to do anything.

It's not a separate issue though. It's the main crux of the issue.

Every player has a price, sure. And if we were reinvesting the money then I could accept him leaving.

As we won't put a single penny back in, it just furthers the clubs demise.

It's just they are more Rovers and as good as the ones we are signing, point taken just want more of a local feel about todays Rovers.

Would take Gallagher in heart beat. He is better than anything we have in our midfield, unless Byrne turns into a worldie.

Blackburn born and bred.First game when I was 8yrs old and 44 yrs later I still refer to us as Blackburn. Why anyone should have a problem with that is beyond me. Rovers? Doncaster? Bristol? Tranmere? Oh and "betterment" is a grown up word. Used in circles by people who have a broad vocabulary Give it a try or do you still say choo choo and baa lamb?

At that age I'd be more worried about why your dummy falls out so easily if I were you.

One or two on here with broad knowledge would know why I had a dig at betterment. That's you ruled out at the first hurdle though !

Believe me pal I would much rather him stay. However, football is a business nowadays and the days of players staying at a club through thick and thin are over. If the predictions of many doomsayers on here are correct and relegation is a possibility then if we don't cash in on a probable silly bid by Newcastle then we could end up regretting it next year. Or it could go another way and we could give him another year, he has a fantastic season and next summer we get an even higher bid. Football is unpredictable now which is why clubs in our position often choose to cash in on players when they can.

Thankyou Otto man. I suspect though his problem is not with what I call the club or my vocabulary but with my opinions. You can't argue with people like that.

Mate wind your scrawny little neck in. I was just giving you a gentle nudge but I've obviously touched a nerve. Also quit using the 'we should cash in' line ffs. Just what do 'we' get for cashing in apart from a weaker team to watch.

You know damn well the cash isn't used for reinvestment but running costs or trouser pockets so the team benefits in no way from sales of better players but that wouldn't suit your agenda would it. Your on here trying to spin the sales impending nowt else imo.

I cringe when a Rovers fan calls us 'Blackburn'

You should understand peoples frustration and aggression by now Mani, its been 6yrs of rape and pillage of the club we all love.

As for Venkys doing what the hell they like, they've always done that, but it certainly doesn't stop people questioning the ludicrous decision making of our illustrious owners time and time again because they're a bunch of inept idiots that have absolutely no ideas how to run a football club.

The cash for Rhodes, Duffy, Hanley and Marshall is a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things, if they'd have backed Lambert and surrounded themselves with proven football people we'd be in the premiership pulling in millions in less than 3yrs in my opinion.

But no, they're looking to achieve some sort of progress on a shoe string budget, they're thick as 2 short planks.

6m and 30k a week wages gets you a better central defender than Grant Hanley. Unfortunately we won't get the 6m nor the 30k a week for a replacement, so it's irrelevant.

2 million and 15/20k would get us a decent one for this level who could provide a rock to build on for a few seasons if he's 27+ or with potential resale if he's younger. That's how teams are built, they are out there it just takes the right people to source them.

Neither will happen here.

• Moderation Lead

I can't disagree with the sentiment, but out of curiosity, what do you have in mind when you say they should "sort it out"?

Some accountability would be a start!

Appointing a board structure, appointing a real manager and not a failure, assembling a squad capable of promotion, showing some mettle/putting the pride back into the club/apologising and trying to get fans back on side etc.

Do I expect them to do ANY of those things? Course not, but that would be how they begin to go about repairing the damage they've done to this football club.

You should understand peoples frustration and aggression by now Mani, its been 6yrs of rape and pillage of the club we all love.

As for Venkys doing what the hell they like, they've always done that, but it certainly doesn't stop people questioning the ludicrous decision making of our illustrious owners time and time again because they're a bunch of inept idiots that have absolutely no ideas how to run a football club.

The cash for Rhodes, Duffy, Hanley and Marshall is a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things, if they'd have backed Lambert and surrounded themselves with proven football people we'd be in the premiership pulling in millions in less than 3yrs in my opinion.

But no, they're looking to achieve some sort of progress on a shoe string budget, they're thick as 2 short planks.

Can't say I would disagree with any of that mate. Frustration is one thing. I just don't agree with the constant aggression shown to fellow Rovers supporters every time opinions differ. We've all endured the same crap but we just deal with things differently.

From a purely business point of view I also disagree with those demanding Venkys run the club this way, or that way. It's their money, they can do as they like. Good business practise suggests it would be better to engage with the fans but they are not obligated to. Like I said we all have our opinions. I for one would never get my knickers in a twist over something I can't effect.

But I respect that others do.

Mate wind your scrawny little neck in. I was just giving you a gentle nudge but I've obviously touched a nerve. Also quit using the 'we should cash in' line ffs. Just what do 'we' get for cashing in apart from a weaker team to watch.

You know damn well the cash isn't used for reinvestment but running costs or trouser pockets so the team benefits in no way from sales of better players but that wouldn't suit your agenda would it. Your on here trying to spin the sales impending nowt else imo.

God knows when I managed to get under your skin but clearly the ship has sailed. Read back on what has been said between me and you on this topic then decided which of us should wind their neck in. I've used the phrase 'cash in' twice, hardly been banding it around like nobodies business. Besides, that phrase is perfect for what we'd be doing if accepting a bid for Hanley - you really are an angry man.

I've also alluded to that in another post - the point about cash being used to cover other costs. I haven't got an agenda and don't have to try and spin anything. I have 0 influence in how the club is run and therefore have 0 accountability. I don't need to spin anything. I have my own opinion, you have yours, this is a message board to post those. Stop getting irate when others disagree with you.

Archived