BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

Havent I already said that I dont want us to sell any key players.

Clearly yet again you just make stuff up!!!

I want us to add to the squad this summer and have a good squad this coming season to watch and support. I still want us to perform very well this coming season despite several issues Ive got with the club. I wont let those issues affect me supporting the team during the season.

Actually the question was don't you want us to keep our better players and your answer began of course I don't. You obviously meant of course I don't want us to sell them, but it's not what you wrote hence the reply you got

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But you want 7 or 8 mill for him. Strange.

Not sure you can have a go at Chaddy for this one. None of us want Hanley to leave but if he does Chaddy wants us to get top dollar. The only problem is none of the cash will be for spending so makes no odds really whether it's 8 or 80 mil.

If we've any ambition there wouldn't be an asking price. Keep your best players, invest in strengthening the squad.

There is no ambition at Rovers anymore.

Not sure you can have a go at Chaddy for this one. None of us want Hanley to leave but if he does Chaddy wants us to get top dollar. The only problem is none of the cash will be for spending so makes no odds really whether it's 8 or 80 mil.

Prescicely my point.

If a club comes in with a for a player with a bid thats too good to be true ..they will sell...any club no just Rovers will sell.

Factor in players/agents making waves to move ..not sure where all this "we shouldnt sell" comes from ..been happening for bloody years ..

But you want 7 or 8 mill for him. Strange.

Give over Blue Monday ..Hes saying if we have to sell (coz Hanley wants out etc etc etc ) get the best price we can ..cmon.

If a club comes in with a for a player with a bid thats too good to be true ..they will sell...any club no just Rovers will sell.

Factor in players/agents making waves to move ..not sure where all this "we shouldnt sell" comes from ..been happening for bloody years ..

Give over Blue Monday ..Hes saying if we have to sell (coz Hanley wants out etc etc etc ) get the best price we can ..cmon.

Exactly.

Like I said before I want a best/good talented squad we can get.

Haven't read or heard a statement that Hanely is unhappy and wants out.

And don't give me the 'it's normal business, we are selling Club guff'

The Club and the squad have been asset stripped since The Idiots arrived. We are on a trajectory of decline and will end up in League 1 and 2 without out a doubt.

Exactly.

Like I said before I want a best/good talented squad we can get.

Well Chaddy you must be in a permanent state of dissapointment then, because the squad has been getting progressively weaker for 6 years.

Haven't read or heard a statement that Hanely is unhappy and wants out.

And don't give me the 'it's normal business, we are selling Club guff'

The Club and the squad have been asset stripped since The Idiots arrived. We are on a trajectory of decline and will end up in League 1 and 2 without out a doubt.

Again ..give over BM...not saying its normal business "we re a selling club" ..what im saying is its normal business for any club !..right price ..player decides he wants to leave ..bye bye (insert any football club)

Again ..give over BM...not saying its normal business "we re a selling club" ..what im saying is its normal business for any club !..right price ..player decides he wants to leave ..bye bye (insert any football club)

But other Clubs reinvest the money, strengthen the squad and show even a little ambition. Since the idiots arrived we've had a Closing Down Sale, All Stock Must Go. But you carry on making excuses for the idiots.

But other Clubs reinvest the money, strengthen the squad and show even a little ambition. Since the idiots arrived we've had a Closing Down Sale, All Stock Must Go. But you carry on making excuses for the idiots.

Im just saying what the reality is in selling players BM ..and not all clubs re invest dont forget ..and again ..if a player wants out 9/10 times they be ll out.

And no .im not pro venky far from it but transfers are transfers whatever club ..just messaging on youre open ended dig at chaddy thats all.

Mate it's been happening for so long if they don't see it now they'll never see it, best to leave them to it.

Wages, pay offs and agent fees. We went from being a 100% turnover to wages ratio club to 150% overnight and then signed another 4/5 players on 2/3m a season for 2/3 years.

We will pay for the criminal mismanaging for a long time yet.

Open your eyes mate.

er who was to blame ...Rhodes cash Gestede Nzonzi Kalinic Jones samba need I write you a list wake up and smell the coffee

been waiting for Newcastle to bid for Hanley. been rumours for weeks.

if you want him then pay the asking price? I would ask for 8 mil plus. if they don't want to price it then do one

but if sold then the money must be reinvested in the summer transfer/wages pot

Chaddy Chaddy Chaddy, bless your blue n white heart. When have the Indians ever reinvested on a player sale. We had a real manager with real plans going forward and they still did not cough up any of the money from the JR sale. Top players with be sold and we will settle for lesser quality freebies and loans. Do they understand that we can be relegated again?

A million quid or two might get sanctioned for a 1 or 2 yr deal for Brown if we get 5 mill for Hanley. A stop gap and even if he stayed fit and did ok does that really make the team stronger ?

He'd be injured or past it soon then what ? We'd need another decent centre half in the next year or so but no cash to do it unless Coyle pulled off a miracle.

Maybe we are going to see another low budget short term gamble similar to when Lambert came in then Rhodes freed up some wage space. After all if they are selling and bringing cash in to pay for it then it isn't costing them anything so whoevers pulling the strings can play about with it again.

No real strategy and no real plan.

If someone want him then they will have to pay the asking price.

Alot of clubs are over paying for players this summer. Like Tomkins or Cook or Ibe.

Since at Rovers it goes elsewhere than on players, it makes no difference what the fee is. It's literally none of our business.

Several posters have tried to point this out but you can't or won't get it.

Archived