BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a comment from Beetlejuce on the LT. Whilst he's not as overly-optimistic as the majority of posters, this is the kind of fan we have to deal with. Talk about a strong squad, how Coyle will only do well if the fans give him a chance and talk of how money from player sales can be used to strengthen the squad. Oh and a bit of Bowyer-loving chucked in for good measure...

This time last season with the transfer embargo weighing us down my aspirations for the coming season were basically non existent, I was saying that if we were four points clear of the bottom three come the last game of the season I would be ecstatic. This season I am more than optimistic that we will get a top ten finish provided that the fans give Coyle a chance to show what he can do for us as manager. The shear hard work put in by GB over the previous three or more seasons has given us a decent core of players and the somewhat more frenetic rule of PL introduced Danny Graham to the club. We may lose a couple of our better players but that's football in general and the funds they bring in will allow us to strengthen the squad further, and on paper this is looking like the strongest squad we have seen at Ewood for at least five years. So yes I am pretty optimistic that we will do much better this season, although I feel that top six will be a step too far, but you never know, "It's a funny old game".

What bollix, fans giving him a chance has zero bearing on whether he dies well or not. If he's good he's good, regardless. Why put it on us fans, it's up to him to convince us this appointment was not a disaster waiting to happen. No, we'll back him when he's given us something to back.

Bloody hell, the LT site is a Venky's love in!!

The anti - Venky's are very much a minority on there and it all makes the chances of a united fanbase look extremely unlikely.

You're dead right there !

As for that Beetlejuice guy, he had it in for Paul Lambert from the outset, yet he backs Coyle, a man with a shocking record at his last 3 clubs,

and who told a blatant lie in his first interview with the LT.

Coyle doesnt want to sell Hanley either.

If Keane worth 18 mil then Hanley is worth 10 mil.

If Keanes worth that then Hanley has to be right behind him. Dyche sees it hence him wanting ti buy him, probably so he.could cash in on Keane and replace him with a bargain just as good. Last season, and I said as much, I'd have driven him to Burnley for 5 mil. Now, he came on leaps and bounds last season' it has to be over 10. End of. barcodes trying to steal him by unsettling him, arrogant tossers think everyone wants to play for their nowt winning massive club.

Seems fair enough.

More optimistic than last year when we under an embargo and reduced ti bringing in the likes of Delf and Koita - check.

Need to give the manager a chance and not get on his case or the team's staright away - check

We may need to sell players to bring others in - not ideal but we're still losing money so needs must. If players want to leave we don't have a choice.

Best squad in 6 years - Possibly, on a par with the one that got us to 8th a couple of years back.

Hard work of GB - Undoubted, and i'd say Steele, Hanley, Marshall, Duffy, Evans, Conway, Graham are a good core of players in this league. Our squad is pretty good compared with quite a few teams who finished above us last season.

I'm not sure what you have trouble 'dealing with' in his summary?

Scratch Steele and you are right. We need a top keeper, Steele always has ckangers un him and I can kick more accurately than him.

Just checked on bet365 AU site and yes it is scheduled to be shown

When, did I miss it

Bloody hell, the LT site is a Venky's love in!!

The anti - Venky's are very much a minority on there and it all makes the chances of a united fanbase look extremely unlikely.

Avoid at all costs LD, read it once about 12 months ago, never been back, not a brain cell between them.

Are there NO transfer in rumours to discuss? Coyle surely isn't happy with the squad he has assembled up to now. There is no depth in case of injuries and suspensions not to mention needing to rest some of the older players when we are playing 2 matches in a week.

Are there NO transfer in rumours to discuss? Coyle surely isn't happy with the squad he has assembled up to now. There is no depth in case of injuries and suspensions not to mention needing to rest some of the older players when we are playing 2 matches in a week.

No, true, true.

Coyle has said he is looking for players as he has said in this LT.

left back, striker and keeper are the areas in looking at

What times kick off on the friendly?

the one in Austria is 17.00 kick off. game can be followed by Rovers twitter account

the Under 21's friendly against Charnock Richard ended in a Rovers 4 nil win

What bollix, fans giving him a chance has zero bearing on whether he dies well or not. If he's good he's good, regardless. Why put it on us fans, it's up to him to convince us this appointment was not a disaster waiting to happen. No, we'll back him when he's given us something to back.

That's taking it a bit far. (Just reading what you wrote) I'm joking by the way

Coyle has said he is looking for players as he has said in this LT.

left back, striker and keeper are the areas in looking at

the one in Austria is 17.00 kick off. game can be followed by Rovers twitter account

the Under 21's friendly against Charnock Richard ended in a Rovers 4 nil win

And I want a date with Taylor swift, doesn't mean it's going to happen

The famous old knee injury lol it will be closely followed by the 3 week medical whilst they thrash out terms and sell a few more ST's.

If he's off then it needs to happen quickly. I can we'll see this being the next excuse for Venkys to trouser the cash like they did with Rhodes. "It was too late in the window to use the money", "we had to sell him to pay Graham's wages".

Can't wait to see the back of Venkys and those doing their bidding. Blackburn children are all set to become two-club-fans. Just hope one of them is Rovers so that there's half a chance of us having a club when they @#/? off.

Archived