BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think OC Will use the Hanley funds we'll if Newcastle hit the right figure .....Really hope he gets a new Keeper ...

Nice mix of Youth & Experience.. ..

What is the 'right' figure and who will be the judge of that? What happens if it's above or below this figure?

If Hanley goes for whatever amount it will just vaporise as per usual...imo

Taylor has gone somewhere on trial. I read it recently but can't remember where it was. Somewhere like Doncaster, Rotherham or Barnsley.

Good shout on Bunn though. I'd have him back as first choice.

Taylor has gone somewhere on trial. I read it recently but can't remember where it was. Somewhere like Doncaster, Rotherham or Barnsley.

Ryan did go to Rotherham but I think it's Steven someone mentioned.

Bunn would be brilliant for Rovers.

If we sell Hanley and Taylor is still at Newcastle, and if he is fit, then we should look at that. Then maybe sign Brown on a 1 year deal as well.

Taylor has been let go. Not a fan but then again i am not a fan of 90 percent of our mob

Bunn has a bit of the John Filans in him. Looks a good goalie but my god he lets goals in.

Been speaking to Wheelock about Hanley and how 5 million isnt enough, he said Rovers dont want to sell but if it came down to it then they would want more than that.

Hanley wants to go and the club wants the money. All of this media leakage etc is just to entice as many potential bidders as possible and hike the price up...

Hanley wants to go and the club wants the money. All of this media leakage etc is just to entice as many potential bidders as possible and hike the price up...

How can you be so sure? I thought you said the other day you didn't have any connections to the club anymore.

Been speaking to Wheelock about Hanley and how 5 million isnt enough, he said Rovers dont want to sell but if it came down to it then they would want more than that.

The one thing the owners don't do is sell on the cheap so that's quite believable. In todays ridiculously inflated market then £10m should be our starting point. Hanley is easy good enough for the Prem and will probably be playing there in 17/18 if he goes to Nwcastle.

The one thing the owners don't do is sell on the cheap so that's quite believable. In todays ridiculously inflated market then £10m should be our starting point. Hanley is easy good enough for the Prem and will probably be playing there in 17/18 if he goes to Nwcastle.

Well I just hope someone at the club has their finger on the pulse and is aware of the current inflation of the market so we can take full advantage of his valuation... To be honest at times like these I'm surprised I still care, for two reasons... Deep down I know the money will not be reinvested and secondly another big asset leaving. Saving grace is that Duffy and Ward are decent players but it's what the sale represents to the rest of the squad... Could trigger an exodus.

Archived