BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

Losses and total debt are not the same thing.

The more we get in transfer fees for the likes of Hanley, the less our losses will be come the end of the season.v The less our losses are the less chance we have going back under FFP. So is does matter what we get in transfer fees, even if it doesn't mean we will reinvest it all in players.

Go back under FFP and we're back to the Delfs and Koita's, instead of the Graham's and Stocks'.

I'll come back to you on that when the idiots in Pune crawl back under the rock.

Sell you best players and bring in cr@p, its always been the Venkys way, dress it up all you like behind FFP it quite simply doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, its just an excuse, ask Boro fans.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Venky's agenda is to lose as much money as possible. Something like that anyway.

They're doing well aren't they?

They aren't losing anything if it's structured the way I think it is. If they were do you really honestly think they'd have continued with this charade whilst it threatened to drag them under ?

They'd have cut and run long ago regardless of face saving.

Here is a comment from Beetlejuce on the LT. Whilst he's not as overly-optimistic as the majority of posters, this is the kind of fan we have to deal with. Talk about a strong squad, how Coyle will only do well if the fans give him a chance and talk of how money from player sales can be used to strengthen the squad. Oh and a bit of Bowyer-loving chucked in for good measure...

This time last season with the transfer embargo weighing us down my aspirations for the coming season were basically non existent, I was saying that if we were four points clear of the bottom three come the last game of the season I would be ecstatic. This season I am more than optimistic that we will get a top ten finish provided that the fans give Coyle a chance to show what he can do for us as manager. The shear hard work put in by GB over the previous three or more seasons has given us a decent core of players and the somewhat more frenetic rule of PL introduced Danny Graham to the club. We may lose a couple of our better players but that's football in general and the funds they bring in will allow us to strengthen the squad further, and on paper this is looking like the strongest squad we have seen at Ewood for at least five years. So yes I am pretty optimistic that we will do much better this season, although I feel that top six will be a step too far, but you never know, "It's a funny old game".

What do you mean by

"This is the kind of fan we have to deal with."

Someone who has different opinion? And doesnt agree with you?

All Rovers fans have different opinions and we all need to accept different opinions

They aren't losing anything if it's structured the way I think it is. If they were do you really honestly think they'd have continued with this charade whilst it threatened to drag them under ?

They'd have cut and run long ago regardless of face saving.

You'll have to excuse me if I'm sceptical about the way 'you think it is'.

If Hanley does go then Killgallon would certainly have been worth a 12 month deal.

Decent Championship centre-backs are a dime a dozen, no reason we shouldn't be able to replace Kilgallon with similar or better quality in the same wage bracket.

Don't get the point of this. So you disagree with him, get over it.

Talk of 'the kind of fan we have to deal with' just makes you seem pompous and arrogant.

Or.....he is simply naming that fact that the rule of optimism is constantly getting in the way of willingness to grasp that the club is being dismantled.

For whatever reason, Blackpool fans seem more united in their struggle to oppose poor ownership.

I'll come back to you on that when the idiots in Pune crawl back under the rock.

Sell you best players and bring in cr@p, its always been the Venkys way, dress it up all you like behind FFP it quite simply doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, its just an excuse, ask Boro fans.

I'm not sure what you're point is anymore. You said it was irrelevant what we rec'd in transfer fees. I explained why it wasn't.

I'm not trying to 'dress' anything up. Strange comment.

You'll have to excuse me if I'm sceptical about the way 'you think it is'.

I doubt I'm alone in thinking that way and certain things point to it. It's not even a conspiracy just a sensible business way of doing things and similar to which some other clubs/big business are financed I would imagine so sorry to wee on your kangaroo fries with that.

It's when you peel back the layers and look at other involvements and agendas it gets murky. If it was a film it would be called Layer Cake 2.

What do you mean by

All Rovers fans have different opinions and we all need to accept different opinions

Yet again you chime in with that tiresome rubbish.

You do realise respect runs both ways yeah? Mustards opinion on "those type of fans" is as valid as your opinion.

So stop ringing the victim bell everytime chaddy and follow your own advice of ignoring what you don't like.

I doubt I'm alone in thinking that way and certain things point to it. It's not even a conspiracy just a sensible business way of doing things and similar to which some other clubs/big business are financed I would imagine so sorry to wee on your kangaroo fries with that.

It's when you peel back the layers and look at other involvements and agendas it gets murky. If it was a film it would be called Layer Cake 2.

Right you are John Pilger.

Losses and total debt are not the same thing.

The more we get in transfer fees for the likes of Hanley, the less our losses will be come the end of the season.v The less our losses are the less chance we have going back under FFP. So is does matter what we get in transfer fees, even if it doesn't mean we will reinvest it all in players.

Go back under FFP and we're back to the Delfs and Koita's, instead of the Graham's and Stocks'.

FFP is finished

Don't get the point of this. So you disagree with him, get over it.

Talk of 'the kind of fan we have to deal with' just makes you seem pompous and arrogant.

What do you mean by

Perhaps that sentence was a touch poorly worded. What I meant by it is a fan who is happy enough to bat off what Venky's are doing as "part of the parcel of football" undermines any attempts to seek a Venkxit. The wording of "This season I am more than optimistic that we will get a top ten finish provided that the fans give Coyle a chance to show what he can do for us as manager" suggests it will be the fans fault if Coyle fails. It detests me that fellow fans can advocate Venky's actions, incl the sales of our best players, whilst pointing the finger at supporters who aren't happy with what's going on. And talk of reinvestment of funds is just folly. Everyone is welcome to their opinion, but it's quite worrying that people think like this (IMO).

Perhaps that sentence was a touch poorly worded. What I meant by it is a fan who is happy enough to bat off what Venky's are doing as "part of the parcel of football" undermines any attempts to seek a Venkxit. The wording of "This season I am more than optimistic that we will get a top ten finish provided that the fans give Coyle a chance to show what he can do for us as manager" suggests it will be the fans fault if Coyle fails. It detests me that fellow fans can advocate Venky's actions, incl the sales of our best players, whilst pointing the finger at supporters who aren't happy with what's going on. And talk of reinvestment of funds is just folly. Everyone is welcome to their opinion, but it's quite worrying that people think like this (IMO).

Someone on this board has done this?

I'm not sure what you're point is anymore. You said it was irrelevant what we rec'd in transfer fees. I explained why it wasn't.

I'm not trying to 'dress' anything up. Strange comment.

Thats because you're trying to beat the posting record for any given Saturday in the closed season, its quality not quantity blueboy :tu:

Have fun with that.

Thats because you're trying to beat the posting record for any given Saturday in the closed season, its quality not quantity blueboy :tu:

Have fun with that.

Classic Gav. Can't debate the issues so resorts to insults. You're very predictable.

Have fun being you.

Someone on this board has done this?

Did I say anyone had? I pointed to someone on the LT website. Plenty of examples on there and on Facebook. How can we seek Venky's removal for the betterment of the club (like that one, tomphil?) when there are fellow fans directly opposed to such attempts?

Didnt know where to post this but seeing as its the most active thread... This link saying todays game being streamed on bet365. Dunno if thats accurate.

http://www.footballtips.com/category/euro-2016/sv-ried-v-blackburn-rovers-live-stream-and-tips-rovers-begin-season-20160709-0002/

Checked that site but the match doesn't appear. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

Did I say anyone had? I pointed to someone on the LT website. Plenty of examples on there and on Facebook. How can we seek Venky's removal for the betterment of the club (like that one, tomphil?) when there are fellow fans directly opposed to such attempts?

No, you didn't specify, that's why i asked.

I've never seen anybody on the LT advocate the sale of our best players. Or praise Venky's really. ( the post you quoted certainly did'nt) Why would they? Can't speak for Facebook though. I'm sure there's the odd crank out there.

No, you didn't specify, that's why i asked.

I've never seen anybody on the LT advocate the sale of our best players. Or praise Venky's really. ( the post you quoted certainly did'nt) Why would they? Can't speak for Facebook though. I'm sure there's the odd crank out there.

On the LT, I got told I wasn't a real fan and Ewood would be better off without fans like me after I stated my reasons for boycotting the Venky's. BJ isn't as bad as the rest of them, tbf.

Archived