BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing the owners don't do is sell on the cheap so that's quite believable. In todays ridiculously inflated market then £10m should be our starting point. Hanley is easy good enough for the Prem and will probably be playing there in 17/18 if he goes to Nwcastle.

Doesn't matter whether they sell on the cheap or not they don't invest back into the squad so its irrelevant really to us.

If Hanley wants to go let him go, you can't blame him, his career is in decline here, but don't expect the money to be reinvested.

Doesn't matter whether they sell on the cheap or not they don't invest back into the squad so its irrelevant really to us.

If Hanley wants to go let him go, you can't blame him, his career is in decline here, but don't expect the money to be reinvested.

It will matter for the purposes of covering losses and FFP.

If Hanley does go then Killgallon would certainly have been worth a 12 month deal.

Nope he struggled last season and is better off dropping to league 1.

Been speaking to Wheelock about Hanley and how 5 million isnt enough, he said Rovers dont want to sell but if it came down to it then they would want more than that.

5.5 with add ons I reckon. Can't see Newcastle going to 7 to be honest so a compromise will be reached.

Here is a comment from Beetlejuce on the LT. Whilst he's not as overly-optimistic as the majority of posters, this is the kind of fan we have to deal with. Talk about a strong squad, how Coyle will only do well if the fans give him a chance and talk of how money from player sales can be used to strengthen the squad. Oh and a bit of Bowyer-loving chucked in for good measure...

This time last season with the transfer embargo weighing us down my aspirations for the coming season were basically non existent, I was saying that if we were four points clear of the bottom three come the last game of the season I would be ecstatic. This season I am more than optimistic that we will get a top ten finish provided that the fans give Coyle a chance to show what he can do for us as manager. The shear hard work put in by GB over the previous three or more seasons has given us a decent core of players and the somewhat more frenetic rule of PL introduced Danny Graham to the club. We may lose a couple of our better players but that's football in general and the funds they bring in will allow us to strengthen the squad further, and on paper this is looking like the strongest squad we have seen at Ewood for at least five years. So yes I am pretty optimistic that we will do much better this season, although I feel that top six will be a step too far, but you never know, "It's a funny old game".

Been speaking to Wheelock about Hanley and how 5 million isnt enough, he said Rovers dont want to sell but if it came down to it then they would want more than that.

Coyle doesnt want to sell Hanley either.

If Keane worth 18 mil then Hanley is worth 10 mil.

• Backroom

Yakubu playing for Boreham Wood today on trial

That's just bizarre even if he can't run he could still score at a higher level than that

Yakubu playing for Boreham Wood today on trial

That's just bizarre even if he can't run he could still score at a higher level than that

Just keeping his fitness up probably and hope someone is watching. He is about 48 though in real terms :lol:

Here is a comment from Beetlejuce on the LT. Whilst he's not as overly-optimistic as the majority of posters, this is the kind of fan we have to deal with. Talk about a strong squad, how Coyle will only do well if the fans give him a chance and talk of how money from player sales can be used to strengthen the squad. Oh and a bit of Bowyer-loving chucked in for good measure...

This time last season with the transfer embargo weighing us down my aspirations for the coming season were basically non existent, I was saying that if we were four points clear of the bottom three come the last game of the season I would be ecstatic. This season I am more than optimistic that we will get a top ten finish provided that the fans give Coyle a chance to show what he can do for us as manager. The shear hard work put in by GB over the previous three or more seasons has given us a decent core of players and the somewhat more frenetic rule of PL introduced Danny Graham to the club. We may lose a couple of our better players but that's football in general and the funds they bring in will allow us to strengthen the squad further, and on paper this is looking like the strongest squad we have seen at Ewood for at least five years. So yes I am pretty optimistic that we will do much better this season, although I feel that top six will be a step too far, but you never know, "It's a funny old game".

Seems fair enough.

More optimistic than last year when we under an embargo and reduced ti bringing in the likes of Delf and Koita - check.

Need to give the manager a chance and not get on his case or the team's staright away - check

We may need to sell players to bring others in - not ideal but we're still losing money so needs must. If players want to leave we don't have a choice.

Best squad in 6 years - Possibly, on a par with the one that got us to 8th a couple of years back.

Hard work of GB - Undoubted, and i'd say Steele, Hanley, Marshall, Duffy, Evans, Conway, Graham are a good core of players in this league. Our squad is pretty good compared with quite a few teams who finished above us last season.

I'm not sure what you have trouble 'dealing with' in his summary?

Its not going to cover any losses, we're £120m in debt.

We keep being told it's ok because most of the debt is owed to the Vs who don't want it back anytime soon. Given the cutbacks and sales over the last 12 months then anymore sales should put is in a position to re-invest properly.

No excuses this time, unless that's not the real agenda of course......

We keep being told it's ok because most of the debt is owed to the Vs who don't want it back anytime soon. Given the cutbacks and sales over the last 12 months then anymore sales should put is in a position to re-invest properly.

No excuses this time, unless that's not the real agenda of course......

What would be the 'real agenda' then?

(Hang on while I grab popcorn)

You've been around long enough to have read them all. I thought you'd be looking for the nearest pile of sand not popcorn :P

Don't get the point of this. So you disagree with him, get over it.

Talk of 'the kind of fan we have to deal with' just makes you seem pompous and arrogant.

Well, as tin foil hatter in chief you have a smorgasbord of conspiracy theories. I was hoping you might specify one in particular.

Meanwhile you have the truth and let me guess it was all a big misunderstanding :tu:

Didnt know where to post this but seeing as its the most active thread... This link saying todays game being streamed on bet365. Dunno if thats accurate.

http://www.footballtips.com/category/euro-2016/sv-ried-v-blackburn-rovers-live-stream-and-tips-rovers-begin-season-20160709-0002/

Just checked on bet365 AU site and yes it is scheduled to be shown

Its not going to cover any losses, we're £120m in debt.

Losses and total debt are not the same thing.

The more we get in transfer fees for the likes of Hanley, the less our losses will be come the end of the season.v The less our losses are the less chance we have going back under FFP. So is does matter what we get in transfer fees, even if it doesn't mean we will reinvest it all in players.

Go back under FFP and we're back to the Delfs and Koita's, instead of the Graham's and Stocks'.

So what do you think is the real agenda. Do you honestly believe that venkys are doing everything in their power to achieve promotion?

Nope he struggled last season and is better off dropping to league 1.

5.5 with add ons I reckon. Can't see Newcastle going to 7 to be honest so a compromise will be reached.

Mainly used out of position at left back though i think?

Archived