BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Paul Wheelock twiter account

Asked Owen Coyle about captain Grant Hanley, who has been the subject of a £4.5m bid from #nufc, which has been rejected by #rovers...

I dont want to sell Grant. Cant stop clubs enquiring about your players. In my opinion theyre nowhere the valuation of Grant.' #rovers

Also going to be a couple of Rovers stories in tomorrow Sun on Sunday according to Alan Nixon

Any good news stories??

From Paul Wheelock twiter account

Asked Owen Coyle about captain Grant Hanley, who has been the subject of a £4.5m bid from #nufc, which has been rejected by #rovers...

I dont want to sell Grant. Cant stop clubs enquiring about your players. In my opinion theyre nowhere the valuation of Grant.' #rovers

Also going to be a couple of Rovers stories in tomorrow Sun on Sunday according to Alan Nixon

Couldn't be any clearer that he is trying to raise the price. He will have been pulled out today as we wont want the transfer to collapse due to injury.

Hanley is not injured. Rovers are bracing themselves for a new bid from Newcastle. There could be some prem teams interesting so this could drag on... Hanley wants to stay... But Rovers could get some cash .... Poor statement that he is injured though... This is strange coz alot of us wanted him sold last summer !

Hanley is not injured. Rovers are bracing themselves for a new bid from Newcastle. There could be some prem teams interesting so this could drag on... Hanley wants to stay... But Rovers could get some cash .... Poor statement that he is injured though... This is strange coz alot of us wanted him sold last summer !

Lets face it, the "rovers could get some cash" bit tells us all we need to know. Ie. Somebody will get some cash but it won't be for the betterment of Blackburn Rovers.

See, I can use that word as well!

Wharton, Ward, Brown and Duffy. I think with maybe another CB and we will be alright if Hanley goes. Defense last season wasnt the issue, and we showed today again we can be solid without Hanley. We do however need another striker imo, somebody else to score goals with Graham and Stokes

Wharton, Ward, Brown and Duffy. I think with maybe another CB and we will be alright if Hanley goes. Defense last season wasnt the issue, and we showed today again we can be solid without Hanley. We do however need another striker imo, somebody else to score goals with Graham and Stokes

Defence wasn't an issue because Hanley was solid last season. Also, I'd argue today doesn't really show anything.

Hanley is our best defender. None of the others are as good. Selling him will weaken us.

Today doesn't count for anything, a training game against poor opposition.

People need to stop convincing themselves that selling Hanley and the money disappearing into a black hole is ok.

Think people need remember no bid accept by us.

If he injured hes injured

People know that no bid has been accepted. However people also know that clubs don't play players when there is a real possibility that they could be bought by another club as they don't want to risk injury to that player.

Hanley is our best defender. None of the others are as good. Selling him will weaken us.

Today doesn't count for anything, a training game against poor opposition.

People need to stop convincing themselves that selling Hanley and the money disappearing into a black hole is ok.

Its a funny old game, when prior to last season, Hanley was our worst defender. The guy everybody wanted rid of.

Its a funny old game, when prior to last season, Hanley was our worst defender. The guy everybody wanted rid of.

It is a very funny old game icers. Because on that basis it's strange how some people continue to write off Shane Duffy. Despite international recognition and links to premier league sides, some self appointment experts in here would be quick to flog him.

Does that matter?

He improved alot last season and is our best centre back.

People saying he was poor the season before isn't really much justification for selling him now.

He's only 24, he's still learning, he is only going to improve further with age/experience (under the right guidance)

It is a very funny old game icers. Because on that basis it's strange how some people continue to write off Shane Duffy. Despite international recognition and links to premier league sides, some self appointment experts in here would be quick to flog him.

Exactly, spot on.

Not in their league is he Stuart? Yet losing him is akin to the same thing right now. Bloody tragic really.

Im not sure why people have suddenly turned into the biggest Hanley lovers. As i said, at 24 for him to have had his 1st good season is interesting. In previous seasons alongside other CB's, he was found wanting, made errors, and had to be bailed out quite a few times. Strangely then being paired with Duffy, and he suddenly transformed into a world beater. Imo the signing of Duffy has helped him get better, but imo i still rate Duffy the better CB. Thats just my opinion.

Im not sure why people have suddenly turned into the biggest Hanley lovers. As i said, at 24 for him to have had his 1st good season is interesting. In previous seasons alongside other CB's, he was found wanting, made errors, and had to be bailed out quite a few times. Strangely then being paired with Duffy, and he suddenly transformed into a world beater. Imo the signing of Duffy has helped him get better, but imo i still rate Duffy the better CB. Thats just my opinion.

People aren't just turning into Hanley lovers. Why does everything have to be so black and white around here?

Hanley has been in the team for a few years, he was young and inexperienced when he came into the squad. Inconsistency and mistakes will be part and parcel of his development, certainly at this level and under the guidance of such dross managers.

He's shown improvement in his game last season and he showed that even though he's no world beater, he's a solid championship defender. If you're not spending any money on his replacement, which is most likely what will happen, you will most likely get inferior players in to replace him.

This is all we have done under Venkys, hell even Hanley himself will have been an inferior replacement for someone at some point.

Ultimately, saying a youth team player and/or a 36 year old crock coming in will be just as good is ludicrous.

People aren't just turning into Hanley lovers. Why does everything have to be so black and white around here?

Hanley has been in the team for a few years, he was young and inexperienced when he came into the squad. Inconsistency and mistakes will be part and parcel of his development, certainly at this level and under the guidance of such dross managers.

He's shown improvement in his game last season and he showed that even though he's no world beater, he's a solid championship defender. If you're not spending any money on his replacement, which is most likely what will happen, you will most likely get inferior players in to replace him.

This is all we have done under Venkys, hell even Hanley himself will have been an inferior replacement for someone at some point.

Ultimately, saying a youth team player and/or a 36 year old crock coming in will be just as good is ludicrous.

Glad someone gets it davalsukur. It's the nature of development. Some make the grade by 24 like Hanley. Some at 16 like Rooney. Some at 28 like Varney. It's the commodity we're dealing with. Human beings.

This is my problem with the people who are on Duffy's back. The raw attributes are there and he's making strides. But because he's not made these at 16, 17 or 18 people are on his case.

Make no mistake, Rafa wouldn't be interested if there was nothing g to work with. Just as big Sam wouldn't be sniffing around Duffy if there wasn't potential. These are defensive minded coaches who excel.

Edit - that was Vardy not Varney. It's lucky for you lot I'm not the England manager. I'd have had Michael Caine up top with Like Varney.

Archived