BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hanley hasn't said anywhere that he wants to leave, especially not in those links.

Coyle's quotes are open to interpretation:-

When asked whether Hanley had expressed a desire to join Newcastle, Coyle added: “It’s nothing to do with expressing a desire because when all is said and done, Grant Hanley is a player who is under contract at Blackburn Rovers.

“I know the way the world works when agents get to work and such forth. But all I would say is Grant Hanley’s our captain and we don’t want to lose him."

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14610070.Life_must_and_will_go_on_at_Blackburn_Rovers___whether_captain_Grant_Hanley_stays_or_goes/?ref=mac

The tone of this piece certainly suggests Wheelock thinks Hanley will be off once the valuation is met:-

Therefore if Rovers do lose their skipper this summer they need to use the money generated by his sale not only to bring down the club’s yearly losses, but also bring in an experienced replacement.

We are completely borassic.

We have zero ambition.

Players, especially international ones are ambitious and have options.

Newcastle have made two bids.

Coyle talks only about how the bids are too low.

Hanley is 'injured' with a late announcement.

Coyle ducks a direct question about Hanley wanting out.

At no point is it said Grant Hanley is not for sale, only an inference that the bids are too low.

It's difficult to interpret that any other way that Hanley wants to go to Newcastle is on his way if a deal can be done.

But dahn't grumble, give a whistle...

Struggling with the link but this is from today's Northern Echo:-

Blackburn are adamant they will not accept less than £6m for Hanley, a 24-year-old Scotland international who joined Rovers’ academy at the age of 16, and are also pushing for a series of clauses that would see the final transfer fee rise even higher in the event of Newcastle winning promotion next season.

Chaddy. Do you actually believe money will be invested in the squad or are you trying to wind people up by arguing the point to death? You sound like you're struggling to even convince yourself tbh.

All because Venky's sanctioned bringing in replacements doesn't mean they should be praised. I mean, we do need to have an actual squad together you know. Might look a bit suspicious if we sold all our players and didn't replace them, don't you think?

Your a venkys man chaddy no sale has improved the side fact players have been replaced with loans freebies and inferior quality

We have zero ambition.

At no point is it said Grant Hanley is not for sale, only an inference that the bids are too low.

It's difficult to interpret that any other way that Hanley wants to go to Newcastle is on his way if a deal can be done.

You have become far too cynical Stuart......................heh heh!

Struggling with the link but this is from today's Northern Echo:-

Blackburn are adamant they will not accept less than £6m for Hanley, a 24-year-old Scotland international who joined Rovers’ academy at the age of 16, and are also pushing for a series of clauses that would see the final transfer fee rise even higher in the event of Newcastle winning promotion next season.

According to this article Crewe are due 10%.

http://www.crewechronicle.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/crewe-alex-could-net-500000-11586337

We have zero ambition.

It could be just as easily interpreted that Coyle refused to answer the question directly re Hanley's thoughts on joining Newcastle because Hanley doesn't want to leave. Who knows? I could easily believe Hanley is happy here and that it is the club/Coyle who wants to sell him. Maybe Coyle's future tarnsfer plans are reliant on a big transfer fee coming in? Lambert couldn't wait to see the back of Rhodes for much the same reason. Rhodes wanted off though because he went to the press and had a moan when he wasn't sold the summer before.

I'm not sure Hanley can be accused of being 'disloyal' just yet.

Bottom line is the club is still losing money hand over fist (£20m+ in the last accounts) and the owners will sell anyone worth a few quid. This will probably go on indefinetly. On the other hand they still seem to be paying big wages, in comparison with some other Championship clubs, for the likes of Graham and Stokes (who probably won't have a resale value at the end of their contracts). It's a strange policy - sign older players (28+) on contracts and only loan in young lads. Coyle did similar at Bolton, got in the likes of Wilpshire on loan, yet signed players like Petrov and Robbie Blake.

It won't go on indefinitely Blueboy. At some point, not too far away, there will be nothing worth selling.

What will the Indian gurus do then?

At the moment we have Hanley Duffy Marshall in the future possible graham stokes then nothing saleable

If I was Coyle I'd be saying to whoever is in charge that I want to build the team around Hanley. If you sell him for less than 7 million and don't give me 2 mill to reinvest you can stick yer job !

Hanley needs to move as the next stage of his development and who can blame him. I am of the opinion that he played his best football under one of the couple of real managers he has played for in Lambert. On the face of it moving to another Championship club doesn't seem too ambitious but Newcastle are different. I have no doubt his contract would be considerably improved by Newcastle but the pull of playing for a manager with a CV like Benitez must really appeal to any player who wants to better themselves.

http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/in/honours/12/

Adios Grant and all the best for the future.

It won't go on indefinitely Blueboy. At some point, not too far away, there will be nothing worth selling.

What will the Indian gurus do then?

It won't if Coyle just signs older players. If the club spent some money on good young uns it might be different. It's possible to turn a small investment into a pot of gold quite quickly, just look at Rudy and Cairney.

Coyle seems to have got the job in no small part because of the idea that he's the king of developing young players (not much proof of it mind). Progressing some of the Academy lads and selling them is probably part of his remit.

At the moment we have Hanley Duffy Marshall in the future possible graham stokes then nothing saleable

Graham won't command a transfer fee when he leaves here and unless Stokes improves significantly he won't either in my opinion.

Whats really perverse about all of this is part of me wants them to sell Hanley, Duffy and Marshall in the hope that they'll sod off once they've pulled that cash in.

I think we're destined for league anyway, but if selling the remaining assets gets rid of the 3 stooges I'd take that now, season ticket money at the ready.

• Backroom

One thing Venky's tend to do well is sell for a good price (except in the case of Rhodes where they waited too long). Unfortunately - and there's always a negative with this lot - it doesn't matter as the money disappears into the black hole that is our debt.

We have zero ambition.

....therefore I am not buying a season ticket LOL

I like how as soon as one of our players are linked with move away their is a band wagon of people who blame Venky's of looking to strip all the assets of the club, and deem it as the end of the world.

You would have thought that this window would have brought some clarity that you don't have to spend millions to make good signing so long as you have the right strategy in place. So far with the addition of Stokes, Graham, Feeney on a Free Transfer has shown their is plenty on offer in the market of today. If Hanley leaves sure I will be gutted as I think he has really developed well this last year. However if we get 6 or 7M for him will I complain? Hell No! Great deal, sign Steven Taylor, and use the 2m to find some other good affordable signings out there.

Will say fair play to Mr.Coyle not a fan of his yet but he has made a good start.

I like how as soon as one of our players are linked with move away their is a band wagon of people who blame Venky's of looking to strip all the assets of the club, and deem it as the end of the world.

You would have thought that this window would have brought some clarity that you don't have to spend millions to make good signing so long as you have the right strategy in place. So far with the addition of Stokes, Graham, Feeney on a Free Transfer has shown their is plenty on offer in the market of today. If Hanley leaves sure I will be gutted as I think he has really developed well this last year. However if we get 6 or 7M for him will I complain? Hell No! Great deal, sign Steven Taylor, and use the 2m to find some other good affordable signings out there.

Will say fair play to Mr.Coyle not a fan of his yet but he has made a good start.

What a master plan, why doesn't everyone sell the best players and replace them with frees? Steven Taylor is awful, why do you think he has been freed and the club that freed him want our centre half?

Are Venkys not (and have) been stripping the assets of Rovers?

That's exactly the system that's made a big contribution to us ending up where we are now though isn't it. Some money needs to be reinvested properly along the way the same as it was with Marshall/Evans/Rudy etc.

All we seem to be doing is plugging the gaps with frees and hoping some youth will come good in order to sell in a year or to for paying the bills. They are winging it as usual.

What a master plan, why doesn't everyone sell the best players and replace them with frees? Steven Taylor is awful, why do you think he has been freed and the club that freed him want our centre half?

He's also a massive crock who's only made more than 14 appearances once (25apps) in the last 6 seasons. He's now 30 and will only get more frequently injured as time goes on.

I know it wasn't your idea but as far as ideas go, its dreadful.

Sell Hanley, sign Steven Taylor AND have another £2mill to chuck at players? Where've you been recently? Cloud Cuckoo Land?

He's also a massive crock who's only made more than 14 appearances once (25apps) in the last 6 seasons. He's now 30 and will only get more frequently injured as time goes on.

I know it wasn't your idea but as far as ideas go, its dreadful.

He would be an ideal partner for Wes Brown................on the treatment table. Dave Fevre would at least get plenty of overtime in.

Archived