BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

I think rather than waxing millions of the academy all of a sudden it's more a case of it being the only area of the club which hasn't been dumbed down. Something we have to be relieved about at least.

Probably just more a diversion of funds from elsewhere to keep it at Cat 1 rather than some special investment.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? I would argue against that.

Just have to look at the Season 13/14

Out:

Pedersen

McLaren

Givet

Edinho

Fabio Nunes

In:

Rudy Gestede (You are right McClaren is better)

Tom Cairney (Give me Nunes anyday!)

Craig Conway (Better Addiition than Pedersen at the time who was 33)

What league were we in when we sold those players and replaced them with BETTER?

That's right the championship, at least make some sense with your posts

True. I also think Graham is a player more adapted to having a number 10 behind him. Whereas Rhodes wanted the ball put into an area in the box he could score from, Graham is more adept at holding the ball, flicking it on and giving other players the space in which to roam. But, as said, we can't blame Marshall's bad performances there entirely on Rhodes.

I have genuinely been wracking my brain on a replacement for Hanley since the news came out he may be off and I honestly can't find a solution. That said I'm not a manager and don't have the contacts to let me know who's available. There seems to be no real quick fix short of patching a defence together and Coyle is renowned for leaking goals even with a solid back four. Let alone a back 4 without a capable right back, established left back and the heart and captain of it sold close to the start of the season.

Needs to be over soon so we can either move on from it with Grant Hanley still here or get a replacement in and let him have the entire pre-season with Duffy to gel.

It's all about the reinvestment for me as I do think it's possible to bring in a decent enough replacement on loan with a view to buy even if he doesn't get coin to spend straight off. I'd prefer to keep Hanley but I just can't see it and take away his robustness which is ideal in this league he is pretty basic when all is said and done.

Thing is though more corner cutting and sticking plasters and we'll really suffer but do it right and we'll be ok. I know which I think they'll do though !

Really? I would argue against that.

Just have to look at the Season 13/14

Out:

Pedersen

McLaren

Givet

Edinho

Fabio Nunes

In:

Rudy Gestede (You are right McClaren is better)

Tom Cairney (Give me Nunes anyday!)

Craig Conway (Better Addiition than Pedersen at the time who was 33)

So, you're harping back to 2013/14 to "prove" Venky's have reinvested? The total of those players from the "in" section is under £1mill spent. You've conveniently forgotten the likes of Dann, Kalinic and Jones who were sold for a total exceeding £25mill... NEXT...

I knew it was the best answer you would be able to give, regardless as to how you look it you convince yourself of facts and details that don't exist you sound like Rafa Benitez and his list of Fact speech

The five players you listed that we sold, we got the grand sum of zero pounds for. I am not counting dross we free or players at the end of their careers.

We sold Dann and Ollsson that year, did we improve on them?

Selling the club's main asset, captain and player of the year?

Shows how far we've come that it hardly registers anymore. Downwards we go.

Hanley hasn't been sold at the minute.

Newcastle haven't put in a third bid so far today. will they come back or go for Daniel Ayala from Boro who Benitez knows from Liverpool days.

Will Newcastle come in with a much better bid for Hanley around 8 to 10 mil which I would imagine we would want

What from that would you consider 'Stockholm Syndrome'? I'm just curious as, with most things now, I don't quite think you understand the meaning of it. There's no love shown there for Venky's whatsoever. No compassion either. Labelled them, rightly so too, as crooks and have spoke nothing but fact and opinion. They HAVE put money into the academy; we HAVE seen players emerging; we HAVE got Costello. There was nothing in that post to point towards what you are accusing me of, again.

Stop going around these boards acting like judge, jury and executioner just because people contribute more than your monotonous anti-anything that isn't a direct slang on the Venky's.

First of all,once again, stop telling me what I can and cannot say. If you cannot see how that post could lead to my comment then it's you who does not know the meaning of the term "Stockholm Syndrome".

That post, and there has been plenty others over the years,said basically if we are too mean to Venkys then they will pull out and stop funding us.

Prisoners-----captors-------prisoners too frightened to escape-----start to identify with them positively.

Now do you follow? 90+ posts and you want to run the place.

The five players you listed that we sold, we got the grand sum of zero pounds for. I am not counting dross we free or players at the end of their careers.

We sold Dann and Ollsson that year, did we improve on them?

No

Some of our fans are never going to get it. They'll just keep dumbing down their expectations each year and we'll seem like an ordinary football club. One wonders what it will take for the penny to finally drop.

What from that would you consider 'Stockholm Syndrome'? I'm just curious as, with most things now, I don't quite think you understand the meaning of it. There's no love shown there for Venky's whatsoever. No compassion either. Labelled them, rightly so too, as crooks and have spoke nothing but fact and opinion. They HAVE put money into the academy; we HAVE seen players emerging; we HAVE got Costello. There was nothing in that post to point towards what you are accusing me of, again.

Stop going around these boards acting like judge, jury and executioner just because people contribute more than your monotonous anti-anything that isn't a direct slang on the Venky's.

Couldn't agree more with your post. 47er needs to read a thesaurus to understand properly what Stockholm Syndrome is and then stop trying to be so 'clever' with his responses as his answer to your post can only be described as risible (go look it up 47er....)

First of all,once again, stop telling me what I can and cannot say. If you cannot see how that post could lead to my comment then it's you who does not know the meaning of the term "Stockholm Syndrome".

That post, and there has been plenty others over the years,said basically if we are too mean to Venkys then they will pull out and stop funding us.

Prisoners-----captors-------prisoners too frightened to escape-----start to identify with them positively.

Now do you follow? 90+ posts and you want to run the place.

Isn't that exactly what you did though 47er? He makes a perfectly reasonable post which you diss with your two word reply.

The number of posts isn't important either. It's quality over quantity. You've made 8453 posts and I'd say about 8450 have been tiresome negative drivel.

Isn't that exactly what you did though 47er? He makes a perfectly reasonable post which you diss with your two word reply.

The number of posts isn't important either. It's quality over quantity. You've made 8453 posts and I'd say about 8450 have been tiresome negative drivel.

Are you not doing exactly the same thing you're berating 47er for :rock:

Blackburn Rovers and Reading have both expressed an interest in signing Manchester United defender Tyler Blackett.

Some of our fans are never going to get it. They'll just keep dumbing down their expectations each year and we'll seem like an ordinary football club. One wonders what it will take for the penny to finally drop.

sometimes i look at our situation at the club, and its not good, then i look at your avatar, and i forget all about those issues. :D

Couldn't agree more with your post. 47er needs to read a thesaurus to understand properly what Stockholm Syndrome is and then stop trying to be so 'clever' with his responses as his answer to your post can only be described as risible (go look it up 47er....)

"Clever" eh? What a revealing put-down.

Well you'd be wrong but no surprise there.

And there is nothing negative about identifying the issues which are destroying our club. Particularly when people like yourself can't.

I'd take Blackett. A million miles from being good enough for Manure but the kind of player worth taking a punt on.

Even the Blackpool fans thought he was crap during his month on loan there and they had Kirk Broadfoot to compare him to!!

There is still a lots of rubbish being spouted on here where transfers/selling of players in concerned.

BRFC are a selling club, that is how the club has to cut its cloth and so if a bigger club comes calling for one of our players, Venkys will do the deal but only when it suits them. NUFC if they want him will have to pay the going rate it is as simple as that. We as fans have to get over it, we are a selling club and not a club awash with riches of the past.

There are players out there who will improve BRFC if GH goes to Newcastle.

Its a sign of the current times, get on with it and move on.

NEXT.....

Archived