Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

King Alan Of Chadwick

Must be true then

Fact ?

Ha so you are now in the know or is YOUR source the fat haggis ?

The way he keeps throwing the "my source" quotes around I'm beginning to think chaddy is Jim White from SSN planted on Brfcc.

Didn't you say you were blocking him? Would make the forum readable for one.

If he blocked him though he'd have one less poster to take the moral high ground with.

So using the Lambert logic, if Coyle hasn't delivered a miracle by December this board should be calling for his head on a plate.

I wasn't calling for his head but have to say his tenure was underwhelming given the level of expectation when he arrived. Anyhow, it's all water under the bridge - he's gone now.

The way he keeps throwing the "my source" quotes around I'm beginning to think chaddy is Jim White from SSN planted on Brfcc.

If he blocked him though he'd have one less poster to take the moral high ground with.

As opposed to Abbey taking the immoral low ground??

Certainly not, no. However I expected more. This is a manager that had a great playing career, did very well at Norwich and spent time watching the great managers of our time train during his time unemployed. At times our performances looked disjointed, as if our players didn't really know what system was being played. He vowed not to return to his days at Villa - where I watched his team play by the way and they were quite poor - yet his football resembled it. He refused to adapt his game to suit Rhodes, our best player. I didn't expect him to perform a miracle and I do appreciate the constraints he faced, however I don't think his time here warranted substantial financial backing. If it was my money I certainly wouldn't have thrown it at him having seen what I had.

He was here for 20wks, he had a very poor pool of players, and Rhodes was on his way out of the club.

Your expectations are the stuff of fantasy with respect, you cannot turn a club round in 20wks, its the stuff of football manger 2015 not real life.

But its all a matter of opinion and you're not alone in thinking Lambert should have been doing better, I think thats just nonsense with no cash and cr@p players.

I never got the Lambert love-in. The football was dreadful and the results were not much better. He was a miserable sod too .Ah, that will explain why he was liked by some on here.

The confusing part of it all is that people seem to have decided to boycott on the back of Lambert walking. They put up with Kean, Appleton, Berg and Bowyer and 6 years of Venky's yet when when an equally average manager quits they all decide they've had enough. No logic. His record is about the same as Coyle's.

Not the right thread but:

Lambert's record at Rovers was better than Bowyer at Rovers and and better than Coyle at Houston.

Given that Lambert inherited a poor and unfit squad from Bowyer and had just ONE transfer window with little money in which to operate then imo he did rather well to keep us up given that even Lambert had given up on the Vs by early March...imo

P W D L Win%

Paul Lambert:

Rovers

15/Nov/2015

7/May/2016

Gary Bowyer

Rovers

24/May/2013

10/Nov/2015

Owen Coyle

Houston

8/Dec/2014

25/May/2016

Lambert 2 promotions, 0 relegations.

Coyle- 1 promotion, 1 relegation.

Lambert was barely given a chance before it became clear Venky's weren't communicating with him, their employee and he tried to make them get their act together and got blamed by the fans. Sounds about right.

Anyhow, this debate has been done to death and I'm bored of it.

Right then princess! What should we talk about?

There is still a lots of rubbish being spouted on here where transfers/selling of players in concerned.

BRFC are a selling club, that is how the club has to cut its cloth and so if a bigger club comes calling for one of our players, Venkys will do the deal but only when it suits them. NUFC if they want him will have to pay the going rate it is as simple as that. We as fans have to get over it, we are a selling club and not a club awash with riches of the past.

There are players out there who will improve BRFC if GH goes to Newcastle.

Its a sign of the current times, get on with it and move on.

NEXT.....

Care to name these players??

I'd rather sell Hanley to Burnley than to Benitez.

Can't stand the waiter (and fachts) after his Bellamy's small club comments. I'm convinced if we had Bellers and McCarthy up top we'd have strolled a top six or betterment spot that season.

So basically someone pretending to be Hanley's mate tells someone n a boozer he's going to Newcastle and Chaddy and the Nirthern Post are argueing about the fee?

I'm in Vienna and going to see some Mozart in the State Ooera tomorrow so please don't bother me with this pish until there is some substance behind it rather than pub/Chaddy/nickoteenette talk.

So basically someone pretending to be Hanley's mate tells someone n a boozer he's going to Newcastle and Chaddy and the Nirthern Post are argueing about the fee?

I'm in Vienna and going to see some Mozart in the State Ooera tomorrow so please don't bother me with this pish until there is some substance behind it rather than pub/Chaddy/nickoteenette talk.

You're in Vienna going to see some Mozart and you felt the need to share this to show what exactly? That people shouldn't bother you because you're there? I'm pretty sure no one would be bothering on this thread...you can choose not to read it while seeing some Mozart.

It's the discussion thread there is going to be discussion, no matter if it's 'pish' or not.

He was here for 20wks, he had a very poor pool of players, and Rhodes was on his way out of the club.

Your expectations are the stuff of fantasy with respect, you cannot turn a club round in 20wks, its the stuff of football manger 2015 not real life.

But its all a matter of opinion and you're not alone in thinking Lambert should have been doing better, I think thats just nonsense with no cash and cr@p players.

My expectations weren't unrealistic. I wasn't expecting him to turn it around. All I am saying is that his showing did NOT deserve the funding that some people are banding about. The football didn't improve, the results didn't improve and our league position suffered. I understand he had a poor squad and had I had my own way I would have given him more time - but to say he deserved such a gamble in terms of funding is nonsense too. He didn't show any real inspiration and, as said, once the going got tough he went sour in the press.

Maybe my opinion of him is soured due to my time working at Villa and seeing his team there. He had numerous transfer windows and a budget to spend and didn't do anything at all. I tried to forget that when he was brought in and see the positives; for me, though, there wasn't any reason for us to back him.

My expectations weren't unrealistic. I wasn't expecting him to turn it around. All I am saying is that his showing did NOT deserve the funding that some people are banding about. The football didn't improve, the results didn't improve and our league position suffered. I understand he had a poor squad and had I had my own way I would have given him more time - but to say he deserved such a gamble in terms of funding is nonsense too. He didn't show any real inspiration and, as said, once the going got tough he went sour in the press.

Maybe my opinion of him is soured due to my time working at Villa and seeing his team there. He had numerous transfer windows and a budget to spend and didn't do anything at all. I tried to forget that when he was brought in and see the positives; for me, though, there wasn't any reason for us to back him.

Would you have given Hughes or Souness funds based on their initial 3-6 months with Rovers?

Pish? Bloody 'ell Neil, he's not a 'pretend' mate, his best mate FFS!

Villa are a basket case, players bought by the board not the manager, so forget Villa.

It matters not anyway, the best chance of progress we've had since the rats joined the ship and they let him walk.

I see TJ has been transferred out of the MB Club.

Is it a permanent deal or just a loan? Any fee involved? ^_^

Fingers crossed its permanent.

Would you have given Hughes or Souness funds based on their initial 3-6 months with Rovers?

They were different times. It wasn't such a roll of the dice then. We could afford to fund managers, see no return, and back that funding the following season. It seems like an all or nothing go this time - as if, if we do gamble and throw 10+mil at players and fail to get promotion it may be the straw that broke the camels back. It has to be an almost guarantee. For me anyway. I also think the release clause in his contract would play a part in my mind - could I sanction such a gamble on a man that has the opportunity to walk should he wish, at any time. Personally, if I was in charge of the club during the current climate, I don't think I would have backed Lambert.

That said though, if he was happy with the budget Coyle has received I'd have definitely kept him. Much rather Lambert than Coyle. I just don't think I could sanction significant funding.

Archived