BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

My amount of posts has nothing to do with it. You dwarf most in posts but yet the substance to yours is next to none. Posting drivel like you do, calling anyone and everyone an idiot or a troll, will up your post limit.

Nowhere in that post did it say to stop being mean to Venky's. What it did say was that the academy needs to start producing results to match the investment. That would be the same whether it was Venky's or Bill Gates that owned us. Every business person wants a return on their investment, if they don't then they will pull their cash. That doesn't mean I'm identifying with them positively, that's being a realist.

As said in the past, you have lost all rationality and from here on all you can do is blurt out nonsense that criticises anyone that has anything else to say other than "VENKY'S OUT!!". Either that or you are just a clinical moron - one or the other.

In future though you should take 5 minutes to try and understand the meaning of the post before berating it. That way you will stop looking like a complete idiot all the time.

LOL! 8000 posts from me-----true but over AN 8 YEAR PERIOD!! There are plenty of long-term posters with a higher average than that!

And at the rate you're going you'll probably catch up with me by Christmas!

I'll ignore the personal insults and just say that if Venkys do "pull their cash" ie stop paying the debt they created,and we went into administration, it would be a price well worth paying so long as they left.

From now on I'll ignore your post and trust you will do the same. Either way I won't be reading it.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said two days ago Coyle would start praising Wharton to ease the departure of Hanley. It's getting easier and easier to predict what's going to happen at Ewood. Might get a job as a Journo.......

Worries me this Scott Wharton thing. I'm delighted he's doing well as I know his great uncle and he was telling me barely a year ago How excited they were that he was signing his full contract with Rovers. But you see that's what worries me as it would seem he could, only too quickly, be catapulted into the first team at a championship club

Stewart was on a course so couldn't come until he did plus a resident sometimes ITK said Irve had been told to look for something else. Of course it doesn't mean he was being forced out by his so called pal but SS has come in as Assistant Manager so it would have meant a step backwards if he'd stayed possibly.

Point is he didn't just walk out.

That's right, he didn't just 'walk out' at all. It was a mutually agreed, pragmatic solution and I would imagine if Alan Irvine was given total free choice between staying at Rovers and going to Norwich, he would have stayed. But deep down who would stay somewhere they aren't really wanted (or first choice). I don't think Irvine can be criticised at all. In fact in many ways he has fallen on his sword.

They were different times. It wasn't such a roll of the dice then. We could afford to fund managers, see no return, and back that funding the following season. It seems like an all or nothing go this time - as if, if we do gamble and throw 10+mil at players and fail to get promotion it may be the straw that broke the camels back. It has to be an almost guarantee. For me anyway. I also think the release clause in his contract would play a part in my mind - could I sanction such a gamble on a man that has the opportunity to walk should he wish, at any time. Personally, if I was in charge of the club during the current climate, I don't think I would have backed Lambert.

That said though, if he was happy with the budget Coyle has received I'd have definitely kept him. Much rather Lambert than Coyle. I just don't think I could sanction significant funding.

Then your argument is more along the lines of we can't give anyone significant funding unless they immediately prove to be an exceptional manager? Too much of a risk?

Fair dos. I disagree as any immediate impact top top quality managers aren't rolling up at Ewood but I see your point.

FWIW I think we've dying a slow death any way with the squad gradually getting weaker, the debt mounting and more fans drifting away. We're currently terminal but dying a slow death.

The only possible way Imo for us to get a good manager, give them a decent budget to address the squad's gaping weaknesses and get promoted. Appreciate far from guaranteed bit without that premiership money and a season of renewed interest from premiership we're dead. It is a risk but since we're dying anyway the chance it might work, however slim, must be grasped at.

Problem is we've idiot owners, a has been manager and no budget. Not a great start for seizing this slim chance.

Tell you what, it seems to have been conveniently forgotten just how many new players we actually need. It sounds alarmingly to me like we've over-promoted a few kids to plug the gaps.

I believe we are looking for 2 or 3 more signings according to Wheelock and Nixon.

I think we need bring through some youth players.

Mahoney, Wharton and Hardcastle all played in the Friendly and had decent minutes on the pitch

Worries me this Scott Wharton thing. I'm delighted he's doing well as I know his great uncle and he was telling me barely a year ago How excited they were that he was signing his full contract with Rovers. But you see that's what worries me as it would seem he could, only too quickly, be catapulted into the first team at a championship club

We've seen first hand how tough the Championship is. I hope the plan is to loan him out League 2/conference level then build him up gradually. Not many 18 year centre halves in the Championship for a reason.

Tell you what, it seems to have been conveniently forgotten just how many new players we actually need. It sounds alarmingly to me like we've over-promoted a few kids to plug the gaps.

Get a few injuries and we're knackered....

As for Irvine walking out on us, how about that leaked photo of Sandy Stewart as the new assistant manager before it was even announced? It's no doom and gloom, just a fact. Especially considering all the club said about 'the new manager working with the existing management team' basically being horse dung.

I don't think we need many more players khod! What positions? Raya, Steele. Hendrie, Lowe, Marshall, Henley full backs, Grant, Duffy and Ward CBs, we've a load of central midfielders, Evans, Akpan, Lenihan, Guthrie, Byrne, wingers; Feeney, Conway, Mahoney and a couple of strikers, Stokes, Graham - maybe weakest here.

Either way I think we should be looking to fit Nyambe, Wharton and any others in - do we have many strikers in the u21s?

I also fancy us to play one up top away so if Byrne plays as number 10- we could have a decent setup for 451 already.

The last bit also - I don't think it scandal I just don't think we where in a position to pay Kelly/Irvine off - hence "you'll have to work with them" or "encourage to find a job elsewhere".

Lambert took an unpaid walk! I don't think the owners/accountants wanted to pay any more off - probably best reason for getting coaches with experience as managers in can a change was needed. If it goes tits up and Coyles gone by November, Rob Kelly is still around at least!

I believe we are looking for 2 or 3 more signings according to Wheelock and Nixon.

I think we need bring through some youth players.

Mahoney, Wharton and Hardcastle all played in the Friendly and had decent minutes on the pitch

YOU believe ? Ha then you say the two hacks believe .

If coyle punched you on the nose you would still twist it as good

YOU believe ? Ha then you say the two hacks believe .

If coyle punched you on the nose you would still twist it as good

Making up more stuff to suit your argument yet again.

Thats all you ever do. You arent interest in discussing transfer news/gossip so why come on the Transfer thread? Oh yeah to make more insults

We've seen first hand how tough the Championship is. I hope the plan is to loan him out League 2/conference level then build him up gradually. Not many 18 year centre halves in the Championship for a reason.

Doesn't look like that's the plan though. It looks like he'll be in our team sooner rather than later and there's Chaddy advocating others be brought in too. They are not good enough. A strong defence is what a promotion winning team or even one just planning to survive has to be built on. These are young lads. You can't expect them to be mentally tough enough to do it week in, week out at championship level even if they appear physically strong. And those are still young bodies. Stresses and strains of playing every week on bodies that are still growing cannot do them any good.

Doesn't look like that's the plan though. It looks like he'll be in our team sooner rather than later and there's Chaddy advocating others be brought in too. They are not good enough. A strong defence is what a promotion winning team or even one just planning to survive has to be built on. These are young lads. You can't expect them to be mentally tough enough to do it week in, week out at championship level even if they appear physically strong. And those are still young bodies. Stresses and strains of playing every week on bodies that are still growing cannot do them any good.

I know. It's worrying. It seems Coyle's remit is to bring through youth so if our season doesn't go well then Coyle can turn around and say we are bringing through youth and we can't expect miracles straight away. Quite clever really.

Abbey/Chaddy- can you just ignore each other please?

It's Abbey goading Chaddy, not the other way round. You and the rest of the mods seem unable/unwilling to tackle this problem so the rest of us have to put up with EVERY SINGLE DAY...which is surprising given how quick some of the mods are with the bans for people apparently 'ruining' threads.

Abbey/Chaddy- can you just ignore each other please?

Why has my reply been deleted ?

It's Abbey goading Chaddy, not the other way round. You and the rest of the mods seem unable/unwilling to tackle this problem so the rest of us have to put up with EVERY SINGLE DAY...which is surprising given how quick some of the mods are with the bans for people apparently 'ruining' threads.

Keep your nose out!!!

It's not goading it's replying on a message board to a wum !

Hanley likely to go and Duffy/Marshall in the last year of their contracts. I fully expect Marshall and Duffy to follow Hanley out of the door. Can't blame them for wanting to further their career elsewhere. Zero ambition at Rovers nowadays.

A huge job ahead for Coyle. Currently need:

1 new GK

A LB

Maybe 2 new centre halves (Brown is likely to be one of those)

1 winger if Bennett leaves, and another if Marshall leaves

1 CM (a passer of the ball)

2 new strikers

Massive job.

• Backroom

Seriously anymore and we'll just ban both and more.

Can't be bothered with the constant reports about the same few people all the time anymore; TJ is gone and others will follow if people can't just be reasonable.

Chaddy - you know you are managing to wind folk up with the Nixon stuff, it's fine reporting it but you can't be oblivious to the fact that you reporting it as gospel is getting on folks nerves. And yes we know Coyles son says Nixon is close.

The rest of you - ignore it if you don't like it, put him on ignore or simply don't reply to it, the constant digs are more annoying to read for most than the original content.

It's at the point when you see a name has posted in a thread and you can predict the content of the post and the ones that went before it!

I'm tired!

shouldn't we be bring through youth players after the past 18 months complaining that we aren't bringing through enough youth players.

if they are good enough then play them.

I've always said we should bring through youth players. Only a mad man would say different. However it has to be done with a plan.

I would certainly like to see Mahoney, Doyle and Hardcastle get some game time this season, Wharton would be ideal to send out on loan until Christmas see how he develops then review it then.

Maybe give Gaz a call and see if he can get him a game at Blackpool there squad isn't exactly overflowing.

I still think we are 4 Players short as the squad stands if Duffy, Hanley, Marshall are to go we will need 7 decent quality players, hopefully its in the next week or so, so Coyle has time to replace them rather then August 31st!

I've always said we should bring through youth players. Only a mad man would say different. However it has to be done with a plan.

That's why I would make 3 or 4 players as part of 24/25 man squad. Mahoney as 4th choice, Wharton as 4th choice and Hardcastle as 4/5th choice centre midfielder

Hanley likely to go and Duffy/Marshall in the last year of their contracts. I fully expect Marshall and Duffy to follow Hanley out of the door. Can't blame them for wanting to further their career elsewhere. Zero ambition at Rovers nowadays.

A huge job ahead for Coyle. Currently need:

1 new GK

A LB

Maybe 2 new centre halves (Brown is likely to be one of those)

1 winger if Bennett leaves, and another if Marshall leaves

1 CM (a passer of the ball)

2 new strikers

Massive job.

agree on the LB.

Keeper depends on whether he decide who is number 1 is and whether Fisher is good enough to be 3rd choice.

we have 4 wingers and that's not including Marshall who I would start at right back.

We have Byrne as the passing midfielder.

not sure if we need 2 new strikers cos if we are playing only mainly 1 up front then surely we only need 3 striker. maybe 2 if Stokes is going to play wide left of 4-2-3-1 formation sometimes

Plenty of goading going on which doesn't involve Abbey and will never be criticised by you.

• Moderation Lead

So am I but putting Chaddy on ignore only works if nobody quotes him!

Then, unfortunately you'll just have to scroll right by and ignore it yourself. We can't stop people quoting other posters.....

Archived