BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

Honestly think Ward is a good option at the back.

Hanley leaving in itself isn't the problem it's the constant process of selling and not using the money that's the problem.

Ward will do a job, if duffy and Hanley are both sold I imagine it will be Ward and a new CB partner with brown and Wharton as back up. Doesn't sound good on paper that, brown will be injured most of the time and wharton is just too inexperienced, someone with his potential needs to be eased into the team. If he's thrown in and his confidence goes it will knock his progress. desperately need to bring a centre back or two in if Hanley and duffy are sold, just depends on what we can afford 🙄🙄🙄

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chaddy where is the evidence to suggest Coyle will get the full amount? Rhodes was sold in January and you seem to think the full 9 million was used on the loans of Graham Gomez grimes and on the signings of ward and Bennett. Not a chance, we haven't paid a fee for anyone yet this summer and if Hanley is sold for 6 million I imagine we'd pay a fee for one player for no more than a million if we're lucky and then still look at loans and frees. We aren't in an embargo anymore but we may as well be, we are debted up to our eyeballs man?! I admire your optimism mate but Jesus come on

I said what I think might happen. giving my opinion.

I said some of the 9 mil would have gone on Graham, Gomez, Grimes wages. Both Gomez and Graham was on 35 k a week at Sunderland. I don't know how much of those wages we were paying and we never know tbh.

Plus we don't know when we received the 9 mil payment in 1 instalments or over 12 or 24 monthly instalments or in 4x 6 months payment instalments

Ward / Duffy or Ward / Hanley wouldn't be an issue but Ward / Wheaton would be a worry

I think Ward / Brown is more likely mind when he's fit at least

Wouldn't be at all surprised if that's the plan. Keep fans on the hook by having Brown at training so they can sell Hanley and Duffy then struggle to agree wages with Brown.

Hopefully we can do some kind of deal though - if only for his experience.

Would be a shame if Hanley left but not the end of the world. He was good last year but dreadful the season before so no guarantee which we would get this season.

The one thing he didn't develop was leadership. Rovers have been missing a leader on the pitch for a long time.

A CB that talks and encourages and leads is a massive plus for any team. I don't think Grant has that in him really. I think Duffy has more of those qualities.

So in all, I'd like Hanley to stay but I don't think he's irreplaceable. ( As long as we get some funds to spend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How likely is that ?)

Said. While back Hanleys replacement is already in the building in the shape of Ward , he and Duffy will be first choice pairing next year , with Brown covering them and Wharton for the few times a season when 2 of them 3 arn't available and perhaps early rounds of the cups , but I am optimistic OCM will have some money available , it might not be a lot like I said earlier 20-25% of what comes in , but we are getting to the point where , if Venkys want to continue to Feast on us , then they will have to re-stock the fridge

I said some of the 9 mil would have gone on Graham, Gomez, Grimes wages. Both Gomez and Graham was on 35 k a week at Sunderland. I don't know how much of those wages we were paying and we never know tbh.

Plus we don't know when we received the 9 mil payment in 1 instalments or over 12 or 24 monthly instalments or in 4x 6 months payment instalments

Yeah that's your opinion but what gives you the impression that will happen? And come on instalments really? I've not posted much recently but I've been reading, and I can see why some people get so annoyed with you. Like seriously what are you seeing that we aren't? It's frying my head off haha

There's not much chance we paid those two 35 grand a week each but even if they did one was just a direct replacement for Rhodes similar wages which were already budgeted for. It's loose change from 9 million.

One thing for certain is that the likes of Nixon diesn't have any inside track on what's going on at Ewood. Some bigger clubs have friendly journalists who feed stories out in exchange for the odd exclusive but the rest just match players to clubs randomly in the hope they get the odd yin right. Any fool can predict that we will sell Hanley for a big fee, it's like predicting that the sun will rise tomorrow. When people are reporting on here please say what source the story is from so we know what level food scepticism to treat it with.

No you said all. You are rewriting facts.

And did you even read my reply - most would have spent in doomsday scenario was 2.4m bit most likely around 1.8m maximum? Fair whack if it missing.

Aaargh I've bitten!!!

Would be a shame if Hanley left but not the end of the world. He was good last year but dreadful the season before so no guarantee which we would get this season.

The one thing he didn't develop was leadership. Rovers have been missing a leader on the pitch for a long time.

A CB that talks and encourages and leads is a massive plus for any team. I don't think Grant has that in him really. I think Duffy has more of those qualities.

So in all, I'd like Hanley to stay but I don't think he's irreplaceable. ( As long as we get some funds to spend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How likely is that ?)

According to reports Benitez is after Hanley precisiely because he is a leader. And he is. Probs same reason Dyche wanted him at Burnley last season. He'd be a big loss. .

He'll be sold so that Coyle has a few pennies to spend this summer.

According to reports Benitez is after Hanley precisiely because he is a leader. And he is. Probs same reason Dyche wanted him at Burnley last season. He'd be a big loss. .

He'll be sold so that Coyle has a few pennies to spend this summer.

why do you think he will be given funds?

I never thought Duffy would go to Celtic anyway.

Big fanbase but not a big club.

don't bite abbey don't bite

No pal, that's been doubled too!! So we now have a £21m budget. Premier League here we come.

Ps...I said I believed that PL would have £5m to spend following the JR sale. That was based on HIS belief at the time from information id heard from staff at the club. The fact he didn't get that £5m was prob the beginning of the end for him...but whatever! 😏

Maybe he knows of a keeper he can bring on a free then get a fee for Steele, won't be much but it could be a way of strengthening that area without needing much finance.

pity we missed out on Victor Valdes ;)

In fact, let me jog your me memory some more. I told you that PL didn't rate JR and would push for him to be sold. £5m to spend st Christmas was what I believe he'd been promised from that sale...

No surprise that Newcastle want him. Will give them a leader at the back they have lack for leader.

Still think we should be asking for more. Think 5.5 mil is very cheap for Hanley.

No surprise that Newcastle want him. Will give them a leader at the back they have lack for leader.

Still think we should be asking for more. Think 5.5 mil is very cheap for Hanley.

Honestly mate, I don't. For most of his career he's been a bit of a stump. Last season was his best by far, agreed. So for me the best time to sell is now....but ONLY if the money is reinvested. And I mean every single penny.

No pal, that's been doubled too!! So we now have a £21m budget. Premier League here we come.

Ps...I said I believed that PL would have £5m to spend following the JR sale. That was based on HIS belief at the time from information id heard from staff at the club. The fact he didn't get that £5m was prob the beginning of the end for him...but whatever! 😏

Thats probably right. Plus the lack of communication with the owner or a senior boardroom probably annoyed him lots.

Plus with his plans not being action on and listen to. He wanted to spend big and get promotion this coming season

Archived